[1.8.x] KerboKatz - SmallUtilities - 18.10.2019

SpaceTiger

I have 3 days of trying to find the culprit of a serious issue in my KSP install behind me.

Several parts are not loaded because they could not be compiled at game start:

PartLoader: Encountered exception during compilation. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartResourceDefinitionList.get_Item (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartResourceLibrary.GetDefinition (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipConstruction.GetPartCostsAndMass (.ConfigNode partNode, .AvailablePart aP, System.Single& dryCost, System.Single& fuelCost, System.Single& dryMass, System.Single& fuelMass) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ShipConstruction.SanitizePartCosts (.AvailablePart aP, .ConfigNode partNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator62.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Finally I had the idea to search for the phrase "GetPartCostsAndMass" inside all .dll files inside the GameData folder - and I only found one result:
GameData\KerboKatz\KerboKatzUtilities.dll

So I have to remove the whole KerboKatz folder and do a test run.

Stay tuned.

Edit:

nope, unfortunately ...

I'm getting mad finding out which dumb mod creates this error or if KSP is also beta in this case like in the warp-batteries issue or the warp-overheat issue.

----

Here it is:

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 3 weeks later...

Weren't sure if this worked in 1.3 ?

The time of doubt is now over! We just released a new pre-release. If you encounter any issues please let us know, preferred way is over GitHub.

On 20.5.2017 at 11:30 AM, Gordon Dry said:

Does ModifiedExplosionPotential increase the explosion lag?

Are the particles affected by the SmokeScreen settings? So a lower SmokeScreen setting would reduce lag on explosions?

It shouldn't increase or decrease it in any way.

All it does is just increase/decrease the modifier from the stock explosions and with that being said it doesn't use SmokeScreen.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the DailyFunds mod! I can finally build my own projects after accumulating enough reputation!

However, the 100 / rep are a bit too much... I have set it to 10, so about the start of career I get 600 daily, which is just enough to compensate for badly gone rockets (I disable ability to abort the mission for realism).

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'm still using KSP 1.2.2, and the last 1.2.x version of Kerbokatz Small Utilities (only using FPS Viewer and Physical Time Ratio Viewer), and when usinf Module Manager's Alt-F11 menu to do a quick database reload (something I've recently started using), I get a cloned Kerbokatz button in the VAB/SPH and the flight scene.  Every time I do the Alt-F11 reload, I get another cloned button.  During the Alt-F11 reload, the Kerbokatz button for the FPS viewer disappears and is replaced by the purple Kerbokatz toolbar, but with nothing else below it.

So does the remove all utility no longer work?

It is one of my staples in my modded installs, absolutely loved it to clear junk.

What's the dealio?

Edit: Nevermind, Didn't get the right click menu on my first load... 

Her der... nothing to see here.

Edited by Dewar

@SpaceTiger I suggest lowering the default "fundsPerRep" value in /GameData/KerboKatz/SmallUtilities/DailyFunds/PluginData/Settings.xml to 5 from 100.

This plays nicely with a career mode. The 100 value is way too high.

For example, for 25 reputation points, which is approximately when starting researching Mun and rockets typically cost 20,000-40,000 each on average, the  5 value gives 1535 funds daily and now default 100 value - it will give 40,000 funds...

If you keep in mind that Mun and Minmus exploration takes about a week (7 days),.. 100 setting gives 300,000 after arrival which is even more than 1st reach-Mun contract gives..
The 5 will give only 10,000 after 7 days, which is about 1/2-1/3 of the rocket and looks perfectly reasonable.

That is, unless you want to make DailyFunds the prime source of income for career instead of existing contracts. But still, contracts give reputation, so doing them is necessary anyway. Thanks!

On 27.6.2017 at 4:40 AM, Laguna said:

Ok, I'm still using KSP 1.2.2, and the last 1.2.x version of Kerbokatz Small Utilities (only using FPS Viewer and Physical Time Ratio Viewer), and when usinf Module Manager's Alt-F11 menu to do a quick database reload (something I've recently started using), I get a cloned Kerbokatz button in the VAB/SPH and the flight scene.  Every time I do the Alt-F11 reload, I get another cloned button.  During the Alt-F11 reload, the Kerbokatz button for the FPS viewer disappears and is replaced by the purple Kerbokatz toolbar, but with nothing else below it.

The database reload isn't available in stock KSP and as such we didn't test if it's causing any issues. I added an issue on GitHub to fix this issue in the future, see here.

On 30.6.2017 at 4:09 PM, Kerbal101 said:

@SpaceTiger I suggest lowering the default "fundsPerRep" value in /GameData/KerboKatz/SmallUtilities/DailyFunds/PluginData/Settings.xml to 5 from 100.

This plays nicely with a career mode. The 100 value is way too high.

For example, for 25 reputation points, which is approximately when starting researching Mun and rockets typically cost 20,000-40,000 each on average, the  5 value gives 1535 funds daily and now default 100 value - it will give 40,000 funds...

If you keep in mind that Mun and Minmus exploration takes about a week (7 days),.. 100 setting gives 300,000 after arrival which is even more than 1st reach-Mun contract gives..
The 5 will give only 10,000 after 7 days, which is about 1/2-1/3 of the rocket and looks perfectly reasonable.

That is, unless you want to make DailyFunds the prime source of income for career instead of existing contracts. But still, contracts give reputation, so doing them is necessary anyway. Thanks!

This seems very reasonable and well thought. Could you post this as an issue on GitHub?

• 4 weeks later...

This sounds like a stupid question, but can someone explain how to use RecoverAll/DestroyAll? I am not sure if I am missing a step but when I pull up the respective lists, for which sub mod I want to use, there is no debris listed.

Screen Shot:

Spoiler

0HFZNTo.png

• 4 weeks later...

Today, a purple box has started showing in all screens, labeled KerboKatz Toolbar, it has no options, or buttons, and I can't remove it. I can drag it around, and it maintains that position across all screens. It is visible when the game is loading, so when I have ships in flight.

I do not have a 'Kerbokatz' icon on my toolbar.

On 7/26/2017 at 6:36 AM, Augur said:

This sounds like a stupid question, but can someone explain how to use RecoverAll/DestroyAll? I am not sure if I am missing a step but when I pull up the respective lists, for which sub mod I want to use, there is no debris listed.

Screen Shot:

Reveal hidden contents

0HFZNTo.png

Right-click on the RecoverAll or DestroyAll icon which will bring up the settings. There you have to select which types of craft you want to be visible. Following that you can close that window and use the main window again to recover or destroy everything that fits the specified categories.

On 8/19/2017 at 2:40 AM, Nachocuban said:

Today, a purple box has started showing in all screens, labeled KerboKatz Toolbar, it has no options, or buttons, and I can't remove it. I can drag it around, and it maintains that position across all screens. It is visible when the game is loading, so when I have ships in flight.

See the first post. Need your logs to be of any help.

Sorry, I figured it was a keybinding I just hit accidentally or something and it wouldn't require the log.

Here it is.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dvj696qjayba9fb/output_log.txt?dl=0

The issue is:

EDIT: After my game crashed the bar went away. Still not sure how it got there in the first place though.

Edited by Nachocuban
fixed?

• 3 months later...

Hi.. I have an annoying problem and that is that if I slice the delta Physics time slider to the minimum (0.02) and I warp x4 in atmosphere it automatically jumps to 0.08. And when I go back to x1 speed, it doesn't come back to 0.02 delta time. And I have to go and slice it back down again. Can you please make it so it remembers to remember maybe, or some fix to this so I don't have to come back everytime I warp to slice down which it also forces me to stay that window opened? On top of this, I have TimeControl installed, with the latest release that comes with it's own delta time slider but it doesn't fix it either...

(Also, on my Ksp main menu settings, I have the slider all the way down also, to 0.02)

Edited by Agustin

• 1 month later...

Destroy/Recover-all mods. Id like to report that I am running 1.3.1 heavily modded, and the TrackingStation UI seems to work as intended with zero MM errors during load. FYI :kiss:.

I downloaded this mod literally 5 min ago as I just spent 20 min removing all my games debris...and im like...there has to be an easier way!! I thought this was a dead mod till I searched ckan. This really came through for me this time, huzah!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@SpaceTiger
Hey SpaceTiger, thx for the nice mods. :) Could you imagine the reason, why the PortraitStats mod icons are not shown anymore as soon as I install FPS-Limiter? (Tried and verified that on a clean 1.4.1 install)
But I must say, that I am using it on 1.4.1, tho. o/

BR
JebsSY

Edited by Jebs_SY

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2018 at 2:27 AM, dlrk said:

In KerbalScienceExchange, what does repDelta,repHigh and repLow do?

repLow => If your reputation is at the value you will get repDelta% penalty on your buy/sell price

repHigh => If your reputation is higher than this you wont get a penalty

repDelta => The % of the penalty that you get

Also a new version is out!

@SpaceTiger Please add the option, or include, in Destroy All the Unknown Objects.

Here's my scenario.  My Engineers (using KAS) removes items from a vessel in flight, such as RCS thrusters.  These now go adrift; sometimes, there are dozens of these..  In older versions of KSP, these became Debris, which Destroy All removed.  However, as of KSP 1.4.x, these become Unknown Objects, which Destroy All doesn't see.

Adding destroy Unknown Objects to Destroy All would alleviate the above scenario issue.  Thank you

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Thank you for these. I have always enjoyed these. DestroyAll, RecoverAll, MEP as well.

Would you kindly update these to latest KSP. Would be also great if these were converted over to using ToolbarControl, maybe have them in their own little folder on the toolbar?

Thank you in advance!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.