[1.8.x] KerboKatz - SmallUtilities - 18.10.2019

SpaceTiger

Hello, you are probably aware of this but the last prerelease of the game as of yesterday broke your pre-release version once again (this is probably why the rest of the addon devs aren't making prerelease versions!). The toolbar button appears whited out and shows everywhere.

Edit: The bug seems to have gone after I restarted the game, strange. Never mind.

Edited by SleweD

6 hours ago, SleweD said:

Hello, you are probably aware of this but the last prerelease of the game as of yesterday broke your pre-release version once again (this is probably why the rest of the addon devs aren't making prerelease versions!). The toolbar button appears whited out and shows everywhere.

We weren't aware of this yet. We'll recompile it in the coming days again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2016 at 1:09 PM, WishmasterTheKerbal said:

I've downloaded the "small utilities" pack and KerboKatz utilities.

All addons seem to work correctly but science exchange. when i click on "buy" or "sell", it shows up an error: not implemented.

Any ideas ?

Didn't even give an error when I tried it. Instead it didn't work at all. Clicking either button seemed to have no effect and no message.
Likely unrelated, the toolbar icon is coming up as a blank white square.

3 hours ago, JeffreyCor said:

Didn't even give an error when I tried it. Instead it didn't work at all. Clicking either button seemed to have no effect and no message.
Likely unrelated, the toolbar icon is coming up as a blank white square.

I have this same behavior.  I tried installing just the science collector app, and when I click on the white square, I get an empty Kerbokatz toolbar, but when I went back and added science exchange, the next time I loaded the game the white square button was unresponsive.

10 minutes ago, maja said:

Play in sandbox? There are no science points.

Eh... OK, let me explain: I want to play the career without science points. In order to do that the tech would have to be researched with something else (rep/funds) and science experiments would also have to output some other currency (rep/funds). That way all the resources keep being meaningful even when the tech tree is fully unlocked (only two of them; no more useless science points).

It might seem like a small cosmetical change to the whole system, but it's way more complicated than that. I have it partially explained in the thread linked in my signature.

Edited by Veeltch

54 minutes ago, Veeltch said:

Eh... OK, let me explain: I want to play the career without science points. In order to do that the tech would have to be researched with something else (rep/funds) and science experiments would also have to output some other currency (rep/funds). That way all the resources keep being meaningful even when the tech tree is fully unlocked (only two of them; no more useless science points).

It might seem like a small cosmetical change to the whole system, but it's way more complicated than that. I have it partially explained in the thread linked in my signature.

Ah, ok. Than maybe use that ScienceExchange util. Or you can use a strategy after full tech tree unlock. There is one, which can change science points for funds.

What you propose in your thread is complete science overhaul.

Edited by maja

On 13.10.2016 at 10:09 PM, WishmasterTheKerbal said:

I've downloaded the "small utilities" pack and KerboKatz utilities.

All addons seem to work correctly but science exchange. when i click on "buy" or "sell", it shows up an error: not implemented.

Any ideas ?

This is what happens if you don't check which files you upload. New version is up.

On 13.10.2016 at 11:00 PM, RoboRay said:

Now that the stock landing legs seem to be working right in 1.2, will the auto-balancing landing leg plugin return at some point?

At this point we are unsure of that. We'll have to see how feasible it is to update it.

9 minutes ago, Veeltch said:

@SpaceTiger would you be able to make a mod that gets rid of science points entirely (tech for cash, cash for rep, experiments for rep, etc.)? I don't know much about modding, but @nightingale said here it would be somehow possible once 1.2 comes out.

That sounds bigger than the scope of these "SmallUtilities". The idea behind it (in your thread) seems very interesting and very complex. Right now we don't want to say no but we can't say yes either.

@SpaceTiger thanks for KerbalScienceExchange ! It easily fulfills 1-4 of the following:

Could you look into making a KerbalDailyFunds modlet that fulfills number 5 in that thread? Essentially just a simple mod that rewards players 100 funds per positive reputation point per day.  100% rep would bring in 10,000 funds per day for example. Negative rep would reward nothing.

1 hour ago, SpaceTiger said:

That sounds bigger than the scope of these "SmallUtilities". The idea behind it (in your thread) seems very interesting and very complex. Right now we don't want to say no but we can't say yes either.

Hmmm, yeah. I realised that after posting here. Sorry to bother you.

I'm still playing 1.13, I have been trying for about an hour to get DestroyAll to work with no success. The box pops up, but I can't select all, and the box is empty. I'm using the latest release of utilities and destroyall before the 1.2 release.

5 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

I'm still playing 1.13, I have been trying for about an hour to get DestroyAll to work with no success. The box pops up, but I can't select all, and the box is empty. I'm using the latest release of utilities and destroyall before the 1.2 release.

Try the version from here and use its KerboKatzUtilities. The latest version of both DestroyAll and KerboKatzUtilities is compiled for 1.2 and won't work under 1.1.X.

On 15.10.2016 at 5:35 PM, inigma said:

Essentially just a simple mod that rewards players 100 funds per positive reputation point per day.  100% rep would bring in 10,000 funds per day for example. Negative rep would reward nothing.

Just added this. As a bonus one could get a penalty for having negative reputation if the settings are changed to do so.

1 hour ago, SpaceTiger said:

Just added this. As a bonus one could get a penalty for having negative reputation if the settings are changed to do so.

You sir are absolutely awesome!  KerbalScienceExchange and DailyFunds totally revolutionize career mode. I am speechless.

These two mods alone should be at the top of anyone's career modlist if they hate the current grind.  Thank you!  I will gladly feature these mods on Spacedock!

On 15/10/2016 at 4:13 PM, SpaceTiger said:

This is what happens if you don't check which files you upload. New version is up.

At this point we are unsure of that. We'll have to see how feasible it is to update it.

It works now. thanks

@SpaceTiger I am getting a whole mess of errors when using Physical Time Ratio Viewer.  I also can't activate or deactivate it.  The button exists in the KerboKatz toolbar, but it does nothing except spam the debug console with errors when clicked.

Log file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/62531235/output_log - Cetera 2016-10-22.txt

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance, or if you need me to provide any more information.

Happy Saturday!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.