[1.8.x] KerboKatz - SmallUtilities - 18.10.2019

SpaceTiger

What I did? In building process, when I tried to zoom via Numpad+ key... nothing happened. Problem was solved when I removed EditorCamUtilities.

Added support for the keyboard controls with the new update.

Couple of issues.

2. Zoom in/out seems to be backwards compared to default KSP. For example, in the VAB Shift+Mouse Wheel Up zooms out instead of in.

3. Some funky interaction with Editor Extensions. EE has a spacebar hot key that re-centers your view. After using spacebar when the scroll view up/down is used camera switches to the default VAB viewing angle.

Thanks!

Switched zoom in/out. Now it should be just like in stock. And added a simple check if EditorExtensions resets the cam.

Found out about this mod because of the TempGauge issue, I also like the FPS background limiter. Any plans to incorporate this to use Blizzy's Toolbar? It's not that I don't like the blue kitty kat, it's just that I run out of real estate with the Stock Toolbar :)
Grab the newest version and shift+ right click on the icon this will switch it to blizzy's toolbar.

Found another aberrant behavior or bug possibly related to use with Editor Extensions. When I move the camera to collide with the floor of the VAB or SPH instead of stopping like it normally does, the camera resets to the position when you first load those scenes. Very annoying when you are trying to get a good look underneath your craft :confused:

Question: can I just use the dll for disabling the temperature gauges or do I have to also install your parent dll? If so, what's the odds of getting one that just disables it with the installation of a single file?

Found another aberrant behavior or bug possibly related to use with Editor Extensions. When I move the camera to collide with the floor of the VAB or SPH instead of stopping like it normally does, the camera resets to the position when you first load those scenes. Very annoying when you are trying to get a good look underneath your craft :confused:
I never noticed this. I'll fix this asap.
Question: can I just use the dll for disabling the temperature gauges or do I have to also install your parent dll? If so, what's the odds of getting one that just disables it with the installation of a single file?

Not right now but with the next release this will be possible for it. Which will get released later today after i finish the afterburner module and fix the EditorCameraExtensions.

While i have been playing my career game something really stupid happened to me:

I accepted a bunch of tourist contracts and prepared the craft. After launching the craft and getting it into the desired orbit i realized i didn't take any of the tourists with me. So i thought i could make a mod which fills any empty spots with tourists. After spending some thought on how to do this and creating a prototype i realized it could get annoying too. As in putting tourists into a craft that was supposed to stay empty. Now the big question is what to do in this case ? One idea that we had was add a button in the VAB/SPH/Flight scene to toggle this behavior for the next launch.

Hello! Some suggestions here:

Have you thought about consolidating FPSLimiter and FPSViewer into just one mod? They're both pretty small (and great!), and both have to do with FPS. Also, would it be possible to not show min/max FPS on FPSViwer? I get distracted by the numbers ("Can I get a higher max??" and such). One more suggestion - to change to Blizzy's Toolbar, we need to shift+right click. It's not very intuitive, so could you put the option directly into your "Use: KerboKatz Toolbar, etc." toolbar options?

Hello! Some suggestions here:

Have you thought about consolidating FPSLimiter and FPSViewer into just one mod? They're both pretty small (and great!), and both have to do with FPS.

I thought about this but in the end one might not want the limiter and they would be forced to use it too. Thats why i split it up into two.

Also, would it be possible to not show min/max FPS on FPSViwer? I get distracted by the numbers ("Can I get a higher max??" and such).

I'll add an option for this

One more suggestion - to change to Blizzy's Toolbar, we need to shift+right click. It's not very intuitive, so could you put the option directly into your "Use: KerboKatz Toolbar, etc." toolbar options?

Blizzy's toolbar option got only added cause someone wanted it i personally don't use it and don't like it much. But I'll see if i can add a third option to the selection.

New version is out which adds options to disable min/max fps in the fps viewer.

If you also get the newest version of the KerboKatzUtilities it will allow you to use Blizzy's toolbar with minimal support (no icon excepted the cat).

New version is out which adds options to disable min/max fps in the fps viewer.

If you also get the newest version of the KerboKatzUtilities it will allow you to use Blizzy's toolbar with minimal support (no icon excepted the cat).

Thanks a bunch! I just prefer Blizzy's toolbar because the icons are smaller, so you can fit more of them in the same row.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea of EditorCamExtension very much but suddenly this mod affects cam behaviour in other unpleasant manner. When I right-click at any part to tweak it, or just to close that right-click menu, camera position resets violently! That's NOT good. :(

So, is it possible to make EditorCamExtension work without that cruel reset cam position?

Afterburner:

Engineers at KerboKatz were standing in front of an issue. They need a tiny bit more thrust to take off the short runway. This required more engines but these engines would not be needed shortly after taking off. So they were trying to solve this problem without adding even more mass to their crafts. During one night the lead engineers woke up in the middle of the night and had a brilliant idea: Why not just increase the fuel flow ? This would result in less efficiency and more heat generated but since it was only needed for takeoff that wasn't such a huge deal. Many sleepless night later they finally managed to build an upgrade for their jets. They called it Afterburner.

This requires ModuleManager(Not included) to apply the patch to "J-33 'Wheesley' Basic Jet Engine","J-X4 'Whiplash' Turbo Ramjet Engine" and "CR-7 R.A.P.I.E.R. Engine"(Air breathing only).

This works with multimode engines too.

@PART[JetEngine]{//this should be self explanatory
MODULE{
name = Afterburner
thrustBonus = 25 // How much the thrust will get increased by turning on the afterburner in %. In this example the thrust would be increased by 25%
fuelEfficencyDecrease = 30 // How much more fuel will be consumed. This reduces the ISP at all atmosphere levels. This will reduce the engines efficiency by 30%
heatIncrease = 50 // How much more heat will be generated. When this is set to 0 the engine will heat up the same as if the afterburner was off.
engineID = Cruise // If your part uses MultiModeEngine(like the rapier) and you want the afterburner to only affect one of the engine's modes use this to define which one. Leave empty if the part only has one engine or you want to use the same values for all engines.
}
}

Hmm... This is a delightful addition... but is it possible to add "zones" like on most real-life AB-equipped engines? It'd allow you to kinda throttle the boost provided by AB.

I like the idea of EditorCamExtension very much but suddenly this mod affects cam behaviour in other unpleasant manner. When I right-click at any part to tweak it, or just to close that right-click menu, camera position resets violently! That's NOT good. :(

So, is it possible to make EditorCamExtension work without that cruel reset cam position?

I can't reproduce this bug. What other mods do you have that modify the cam behavior ?
Hmm... This is a delightful addition... but is it possible to add "zones" like on most real-life AB-equipped engines? It'd allow you to kinda throttle the boost provided by AB.
I don't think this is possible without over complicating things too much.

If you throttle down the AB will throw out less thrust but the efficiency is still going to be low.

I can't reproduce this bug. What other mods do you have that modify the cam behavior ?

I have a huge modlist, so we'll newer know exactly. But I think there can be some interference with Editor Extensions... Currently I solved problem by deleting SmallUtilities.EditorCamUtilities.dll because Editor Extensions is too essential for me. :)

I have a huge modlist, so we'll newer know exactly. But I think there can be some interference with Editor Extensions... Currently I solved problem by deleting SmallUtilities.EditorCamUtilities.dll because Editor Extensions is too essential for me. :)
There was an incompatibility with Editor Extensions but that got fixed with the last few patches. And on a quick look i can't really see any mod in that list that would interfere with this. A video of how this bug shows itself would be quite useful.

2 More mods got added FillSpotsWithTourists and ModifiedExplosionPotential. Very simple yet awesome mods in my opinion :).

As well as simpler code for DisableTempGagues and EditorCamUtilities.

EditorCamUtilities now should be compatible to any mod that modifies the cam behavior.

There was an incompatibility with Editor Extensions but that got fixed with the last few patches. And on a quick look i can't really see any mod in that list that would interfere with this. A video of how this bug shows itself would be quite useful.

Bug is still there, even in latest version. So I have a video this time:

I tried KSU from github and KerbalStuff but the toolbar button is all white and does nothing for me when clicked, anyone had this issue?

Edit: Apparently FPS limiter requires FPS viewer and I deleted that one. My fault :P

Edited by Zorbaq

I tried KSU from github and KerbalStuff but the toolbar button is all white and does nothing for me when clicked, anyone had this issue?

Edit: Apparently FPS limiter requires FPS viewer and I deleted that one. My fault :P

I just updated the release with the new KerboKatzUtilities. That should fix this issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.