1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

Anyone else have their IR icons appear as black (i.e. the thumnails show just black, featureless shapes)?

Do you use ATM? If yes, please add this to the OVERRIDE section in the ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagementConfigs/MagicSmokeIndustries file:

MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/.*
{
compress = true
mipmaps = true
scale = 1
max_size = 0
}

and delete the ActiveTextureManagement/textureCache/MagicSmokeIndustries folder.

At least it worked for me.

The new editor for positions makes absolutely no sense. I keep trying to type in max limits, and it CHANGES THE CURRENT ANGLE OF THE PART. Then, I need to recalibrate the limits to the "new" angles---which changes them AGAIN! Not only that, but it won't let me set, say, the minimum angle to "90" and the max to "180"--I have to change 360 to 260 then to 280 and finally to 180. Please, please, fix this. It's stupid and frustrating.

Unfortunately, that is beyond our reach due to the way Unity GUI works. You can try to set the limits via right-click menu first, and then fine tune the angles without deleting the characters. Actually you can avoid typing in values completely.

Do you use ATM? If yes, please add this to the OVERRIDE section in the ActiveTextureManagement/ActiveTextureManagementConfigs/MagicSmokeIndustries file:

MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/.*
{
compress = true
mipmaps = true
scale = 1
max_size = 0
}

and delete the ActiveTextureManagement/textureCache/MagicSmokeIndustries folder.

At least it worked for me.

Awesome this fixed it! thank you!

I dunno if others have reported this, sorry if I'm duplicating here, but I seem to get an extra bar icon for IR every time the scene refreshes :\

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Oh, yes, and minor detail, none of them work in the VAB (even if I add a part), and only the far end one works in flight scenes (see pic 1 and 2). The icons in Blizzy's toolbar work just fine, however.

Edited by MDBenson

I dunno if others have reported this, sorry if I'm duplicating here, but I seem to get an extra bar icon for IR every time the scene refreshes :\

http://imgur.com/a/Kbf7M

Oh, yes, and minor detail, none of them work in the VAB (even if I add a part), and only the far end one works in flight scenes (see pic 1 and 2). The icons in Blizzy's toolbar work just fine, however.

Getting the same thing here as well.

Same here also. For every scession change I get a new toolbar icon. Is there a way to force this mod to use blizzys toolbar only?

It should use blizzy only if you have it installed.

We are fixing some details in part.cfgs and converting textures to dds, update is coming soon.

Just an idea... Now that we have the "Robotics" category in the SPH/VAB, wouldn't be better if the parts are excluded from the "Utility" category?

It is already done for Zodius Model Rework.

Would it be possible for someone to update the CKAN entry, so people who use CKAN (like me) can get it via there instead?

We're going to do it after 0.21.2, which should be released really soon.

Hi!

Can anyone tell me how to build a bipedal mech/robot.I had that in my mind and i can't get it out.

So, it would be awesome for you to tell me how!

What is there to tell you? Make something resembling a biped with IR hinges as joints...

What is there to tell you? Make something resembling a biped with IR hinges as joints...

I'm basically new to IR and all i can do is throw some parts together in no particular order and hope they work, altough i am confused.

Anyone with double toolbar icon? ( using the stock toolbar no blizzy )

Partially overlapped with resource icon and not working, when I add IR parts I have a second icon, this time working

anyone know why MSI and IR are spamming my toolbar with icons? i end up with 5 or 6 even when now MSI or IR parts are in use

Which version are you using? I'm using 0.21.2 and I'm no longer having any toolbar issues, though I haven't played for very long with it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.