1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

I know. Any suggestions? tried installing today, and I can't be bothered installing the old way. CKAN makes updates and everything way easier. Please fix this if it is at all possible.

If you don't see CKAN mentioned on the first post it is usually safe to say it isn't the author that put it on CKAN, so you should then go to the person that did. In fact many make the concious descision NOT to support CKAN because it can produce many support requests outside of their control. And then it becomes very annoying for authors getting support requests for something they have nothing to do with.

And then you say you "can't be bothered" to help yourself, exactly how motivated will they then be to help you?

Edited by futrtrubl

If you don't see CKAN mentioned on the first post it is usually safe to say it isn't the author that put it on CKAN, so you should then go to the person that did. In fact many make the concious descision NOT to support CKAN because it can produce many support requests outside of their control. And then it becomes very annoying for authors getting support requests for something they have nothing to do with.

And then you say you "can't be bothered" to help yourself, exactly how motivated will they then be to help you?

Fair enough then. Looks like I need to be more careful.

Could we get a "continuous rotation"-button?

I'm currently using rotatrons as wheel-hubs for my Mun Circumnavigator Challenge Vehicle (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/120117-First-Challenge-Ever-Taken-Munar-Ground-Based-Circumnavigation?p=1919757&viewfull=1#post1919757) and while I found a way to not have to press a button all the time (press button, click cursor in the speed-factor-inputbox, IR doesn't get when you stop pressing the button that way), it's not a safe workaround.

The IR Sequencer doesn't help either, as I'm unable to get the rotatron to a stable endless rotation with that.

Fair enough then. Looks like I need to be more careful.

This has already been brought to attention in the CKAN thread. Any further support should be available there on this issue I would assume: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100067-The-Comprehensive-Kerbal-Archive-Network-%28CKAN%29-Package-Manager-v1-6-13-6-May-2015?p=1920862&viewfull=1#post1920862

Could we get a "continuous rotation"-button?

I'm currently using rotatrons as wheel-hubs for my Mun Circumnavigator Challenge Vehicle (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/120117-First-Challenge-Ever-Taken-Munar-Ground-Based-Circumnavigation?p=1919757&viewfull=1#post1919757) and while I found a way to not have to press a button all the time (press button, click cursor in the speed-factor-inputbox, IR doesn't get when you stop pressing the button that way), it's not a safe workaround.

The IR Sequencer doesn't help either, as I'm unable to get the rotatron to a stable endless rotation with that.

Try pressing Green Arrow - it is a toggle.

How can IR parts be removed from regular categories, but kept in the additional Robotics Parts category? With it I find them being in regular ones too both superfluous and cluttering.

You can edit part.cfg or write an MM config that sets category to "none"

I have been working on this for 2 days. I read the posts regarding the ATM settings, as well as starting fresh installs along with adding the MSI components in a multitude of ways.

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG

{

folder = MagicSmokeIndustries

enabled = true

OVERRIDES

{

MagicSmokeIndustries/Textures/icon_button

{

compress = true

mipmaps = true

scale = 1

max_size = 0

}

MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/.*

{

compress = true

mipmaps = true

scale = 1

max_size = 0

}

}

}

I started a fresh install, then installed ATM with several edits to the ATM/ATM configs/MSI cfg file and I still get the texture issues with all of the parts within the Robotics tab. All of the other MSI parts are fine, its just the ones that are in the separate Robotics tab, that are displaying the texture black out.

Sorry, I really have been trying to solve this on my own.

Just a quick note to say that too many people were complaining about installing IR via the CKAN being broken, so I've gone and fixed it. You should now be able to install and/or upgrade just fine. :)

I have been working on this for 2 days. I read the posts regarding the ATM settings, as well as starting fresh installs along with adding the MSI components in a multitude of ways.

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG

{

folder = MagicSmokeIndustries

enabled = true

OVERRIDES

{

MagicSmokeIndustries/Textures/icon_button

{

compress = true

mipmaps = true

scale = 1

max_size = 0

}

MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/.*

{

compress = true

mipmaps = true

scale = 1

max_size = 0

}

}

}

I started a fresh install, then installed ATM with several edits to the ATM/ATM configs/MSI cfg file and I still get the texture issues with all of the parts within the Robotics tab. All of the other MSI parts are fine, its just the ones that are in the separate Robotics tab, that are displaying the texture black out.

Sorry, I really have been trying to solve this on my own.

For anyone that still has the black textures after this what you might have to do is go into GameDate/ActiveTextureManagement and delete the folder texture cache. When you next start up KSP ATM will rebuild it's texture cache with your updated settings. At least that's what I had to do to get my parts working.

Im having a small issue in KSP 1.0 where i can select items of this mod but i cant attach them to anything. Then the games seems to crash and selects everything in the VAB at once which i cant deselect. Any ideas?

Please post your output_log.txt, we'll look into it

- - - Updated - - -

Is there an updated example of using IR with kOS?

It should bein kOS docs after 0.17.3 release. I'll post some examples in kOS thread later.

Is there an updated example of using IR with kOS?

Here you go:

function ir_moveNxP {
parameter
servoList, //list of servos
positionList, //list of corresponding positions
speedMult. //speed multiplier

if (servoList:length <> positionList:length)
{
print "[ir_moveNxP] passed lists have different length".
return false.
}

local i is 0.

until (i >= servoList:length)
{
local s is servoList[i].
local currentPos is s:position.
local newPos is positionList[i].
if (currentPos <> newPos)
{
s:moveTo(newPos, s:speed * speedMult).
}
set i to i+1.
}

return true.
}

function Stand{
parameter
leg,
legServos.

for s in legServos
{
if (s:name = leg + " Leg Fold U")
{
set hipFold to s.
}

if (s:name = leg + " Leg Hinge")
{
set hinge to s.
}

if (s:name = leg + " Leg Fold L")
{
set footFold to s.
}

if (s:name = leg + " Leg Rot")
{
set legRotate to s.
}
}
print "Begin sequence! Leg: " + leg.

//step 1
local currentServos is list(hipFold, hinge, footFold, legRotate).
local currentPos is list(60, 60, 150, 0).

ir_moveNxP(currentServos, currentPos, 1).
}

set rightLegServos to list().
set leftLegServos to list().

for s in ADDONS:IR:ALLSERVOS
{
if (s:name = "R Leg Fold U" or s:name = "R Leg Hinge"
or s:name = "R Leg Fold L" or s:name = "R Leg Rot")
{
set s:acceleration to 20.
rightLegServos:add(s).
}

if (s:name = "L Leg Fold U" or s:name = "L Leg Hinge"
or s:name = "L Leg Fold L" or s:name = "L Leg Rot")
{
set s:acceleration to 20.
leftLegServos:add(s).
}
}

Stand("R", rightLegServos).
Stand("L", leftLegServos).

Something is wrong with your TweakScale and it interferes with IR behaviour

Try reinstalling clean both IR and TweakScale - i.e. delete both folders from GameData and install fresh releases from Curse/Kerbalstuff

[LOG 23:03:40.779] Parsing bool

[EXC 23:03:40.784] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

TweakScale.ScaleType..ctor (.ConfigNode partConfig)

TweakScale.TweakScale.Setup ()

TweakScale.TweakScale.OnStart (StartState state)

Part.ModulesOnStart ()

Part+.MoveNext ()

[EXC 23:03:40.797] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

InfernalRobotics.Command.Translator.GetSpeedUnit ()

InfernalRobotics.Module.MuMechToggle.Update ()

I've removed the legacy parts from the Utility tab by using a module manager file to set the category to 'none', but how do I remove them from the Robotics tab(without deleting them)?

there is no way to do that. Why not just delete them?

I've removed the legacy parts from the Utility tab by using a module manager file to set the category to 'none', but how do I remove them from the Robotics tab(without deleting them)?

if deleting them is a problem you might want to use autopruner which deletes them in an easily revertable way?

there is no way to do that. Why not just delete them?
if deleting them is a problem you might want to use autopruner which deletes them in an easily revertable way?

Deleting the parts would mean I could no longer open older craft files to upgrade them to the newer parts.

Deleting the parts would mean I could no longer open older craft files to upgrade them to the newer parts.

You may actually remove module MuMechToggle from Legacy parts via MM config - thus they will not show on the Robotic Parts filter but stil be loaded for your crafts

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.