1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

Something is wrong with your TweakScale and it interferes with IR behaviour

Try reinstalling clean both IR and TweakScale - i.e. delete both folders from GameData and install fresh releases from Curse/Kerbalstuff

[LOG 23:03:40.779] Parsing bool

[EXC 23:03:40.784] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

TweakScale.ScaleType..ctor (.ConfigNode partConfig)

TweakScale.TweakScale.Setup ()

TweakScale.TweakScale.OnStart (StartState state)

Part.ModulesOnStart ()

Part+.MoveNext ()

[EXC 23:03:40.797] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

InfernalRobotics.Command.Translator.GetSpeedUnit ()

InfernalRobotics.Module.MuMechToggle.Update ()

Worked a charm thanks!

There seems to be some serious issue with the latest version of IR that I've never seen in previous versions

the extend on the pistons goes way beyond where it should stop

g9ZJ14a.jpg

I can set the limits in the editor but there no strength in the connections at all

below is a craft I've made many times in the past and had no issues with

uM74EqT.jpg

but now when I make it the pistons just collapse through each other and the engines fly half way up the craft when ignited

lMcxqms.png

I made sure I'm running the latest version of IR tweakscale and kerbal joint reinforcement but the problem persists.

KSP.log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hidw8po0r0i9ea/KSP.log?dl=0

Output_log.txt

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d2bl989rv5ve91l/output_log.txt?dl=0

Edited by MartGonzo

There seems to be some serious issue with the latest version of IR that I've never seen in previous versions

the extend on the pistons goes way beyond where it should stop

http://i.imgur.com/g9ZJ14a.jpg

I can set the limits in the editor but there no strength in the connections at all

below is a craft I've made many times in the past and had no issues with

http://i.imgur.com/uM74EqT.jpg

but now when I make it the pistons just collapse through each other and the engines fly half way up the craft when ignited

http://i.imgur.com/lMcxqms.png

I made sure I'm running the latest version of IR tweakscale and kerbal joint reinforcement but the problem persists.

First issue was reported already and will be fixed in the next update.

Your second issue seems strange. When was the last time you say it worked for you? Because it seems like it shouldn't work at all - pistons are too small to hold all this weight. Can you post the craft so I can experiment?

Also, bear in mind that Legacy parts are called so for a reason. Please give it a try with Zodius parts ([WIP] MSI's Infernal Robotics - Model Rework (Updated: 28/04/2015)) - users reported much better joint strengths with them.

Edited by Ziw

Thanks for the reply Ziw, this is the first time I've built this craft since 0.90.

it was always strong enough for a landing on Mun / Duna but I've always used Kerbal Joint reinforcement so maybe that made a difference

here's the craft (bear in mind this was saved as a subassembly so you may need to stick it underneath a probe core)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a39m10xv4gnpzx1/Lander%20Can.craft?dl=0

I'll give those other parts a try.

P.S. I was looking through the logs (posted above) and I was wondering if this is relevant?

Part Warning: part TelescopeFullAScaleable is not a child of IRHingeClosedScaleable2

Edited by MartGonzo

Thanks for the reply Ziw, this is the first time I've built this craft since 0.90.

it was always strong enough for a landing on Mun / Duna but I've always used Kerbal Joint reinforcement so maybe that made a difference

here's the craft (bear in mind this was saved as a subassembly so you may need to stick it underneath a probe core)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a39m10xv4gnpzx1/Lander%20Can.craft?dl=0

I'll give those other parts a try.

P.S. I was looking through the logs (posted above) and I was wondering if this is relevant?

Part Warning: part TelescopeFullAScaleable is not a child of IRHingeClosedScaleable2

It might be an issue. For some reason our Legacy Hinges no longer have nodes on them, and because I don't use them usually, I don't know when did this happen. Zodius's reworked parts are really much better, but he is still working on some remaining parts, like gantries.

cool thanks Ziw, I downloaded them but haven't got around to putting them on yet.

The only reason I avoided them in the past is that because there seem to be more parts and they seem to be more detailed as far as I can tell, I was concerned about higher memory usage, also I wasn't sure if they were tweakscale compatible.

cool thanks Ziw, I downloaded them but haven't got around to putting them on yet.

The only reason I avoided them in the past is that because there seem to be more parts and they seem to be more detailed as far as I can tell, I was concerned about higher memory usage, also I wasn't sure if they were tweakscale compatible.

They are TS friendly and they reuse textures as much as possible, their memory footprint is actually much smaller than Legacy parts.

on previous versions of IR i could set an action group to center a group of servos, so that i could use an IR hotkey to move the servo to the limit, and when i let go of the hotkey, the servo would go back to center. i cant find a way to do this anymore, whenever i move a servo it overrides the command to move to center and it stays stuck in the advanced position. unfortunately this means that i cant build my walking robots the same way i used to, unless i can find some work-around.

any ideas?

Edited by Parallax

Is IR going to be updated for use with FAR soon?

Yes. I'll post a pre-release in dev thread today for all to test.

- - - Updated - - -

on previous versions of IR i could set an action group to center a group of servos, so that i could use an IR hotkey to move the servo to the limit, and when i let go of the hotkey, the servo would go back to center. i cant find a way to do this anymore, whenever i move a servo it overrides the command to move to center and it stays stuck in the advanced position. unfortunately this means that i cant build my walking robots the same way i used to, unless i can find some work-around.

any ideas?

Shameless plug - try Sequencer?

As for action groups - unfortunately it is the price we had to pay to make presets and other cool stuff working.

Pre-release of version 0.21.3

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/0.21.3-rc

New Features:

• Apply Symmetry button to apply servo limits to symmetry counterparts
  • nuFAR compatibility - Infernal Robotic parts will now inform nuFar of the position changes, so it can rebuild the voxel model

Fixes:

• TweakScale interaction fixes for translating parts
  • Very minor API implementation fix for IRServo.UID
  • Preset editing is a bit more user-friendly now (values are parsed on focus change instead of every frame).

If you have any issues don't forget to post your logs.

all the parts and icons and yes i use active texture managment basic

Look back in this thread and ATM thread - solutions were presented. It is an issue with ATM

You might no longer need ATM right now as most textures in up-to-date mods are DDS already and you gain nothing (it might even increase memory usage in fact)

I have been trying to get MSI into my current build and have tried every fix known or posted. Even when I delete the part database or use a fresh install, ATM writes a texture file on MSI even with:

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG

{

folder = MagicSmokeIndustries

enabled = false

}

It still builds a texture folder. Can someone tell me what I am missing? This is how you get ATM to ignore a specific folder, and to my knowledge MSI only uses the one MagicSmokeIndustries folder. So with a fresh install, and only using ATM and MSI, why is ATM still building a texture folder?

Thx guys, I know this should be a no brainer and I have tried all of the recommended fixes.

I have been trying to get MSI into my current build and have tried every fix known or posted. Even when I delete the part database or use a fresh install, ATM writes a texture file on MSI even with:

ACTIVE_TEXTURE_MANAGER_CONFIG

{

folder = MagicSmokeIndustries

enabled = false

}

It still builds a texture folder. Can someone tell me what I am missing? This is how you get ATM to ignore a specific folder, and to my knowledge MSI only uses the one MagicSmokeIndustries folder. So with a fresh install, and only using ATM and MSI, why is ATM still building a texture folder?

Thx guys, I know this should be a no brainer and I have tried all of the recommended fixes.

Isn't it a question to be asked in ATM thread? Do you really need ATM right now or you are running it out oh habit? Most of the mods have DDSfied their textures already so benefits of running ATM are minimal at best.

Also having probs with the grabber even kas stuff with it aswell?

See Zodius Model rework thread for a grabber fix.

- - - Updated - - -

so i don't need atm but i do have like 40 mods? will doing the dds thing intead solve the texture iss with ir stuff?

You can try running in OpenGL or DX11 mode to cut your memory usage. You can try converting textures to DDS, but I'm not sure it would help.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.