1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

Can any of you try to describe steps necessary to get the icon to duplicate and include your log as well, I'll try to give it another pass.

I just reproduced it with just MJ, module manager (for the MM config that applies MJ to all command pods), temperaturegaugekiller, exception detector, hangar extender, GCmonitor, and KJR. Which is my barebones bugtesting setup. I'll see if I can isolate it further. Since MJ is the only one making a toolbar icon, I'll start with that.

Steps to reproduce:

1. either use an existing craft that has IR parts or make one.

2. launch ship, doing it from VAB/SPH or directly from KSC does the same thing.

The craft is just a quick and simple one that I threw together.

screenshot8_zps9jclqkqr.png

Edit: It also shows if you use a stock craft, so it doesn't neccesarily need IR parts to trigger.

Edit2: Reproduced in pure stock with just MSI and module manager (without MM, the SPH/VAB editor bugs out, the part list does anyway).

Output log: http://sta.sh/0uvbpq9rmf0

Steps to reproduce:

1. Launch any craft, whether from VAB/SPH or directly from KSC.

The only exceptions that I saw in there were some sort of camera rotation exception (unity exception I think), that one activestruts exception that is still happening (I thought you guys were looking into that one), and a bunch of IR: GUI exceptions.

Edited by smjjames

Presets are sorted automatically from lowest to highest and this will not change anytime soon. If you need more control over your robotic parts please check IR Sequencer (link in my signature) or employ other methods (like KOS).

I have it installed, but haven't used it yet. I'll have to check it out. Is there a code-related reason that it can't be manually rearranged, as parts can in the servo window, or has it just not been done yet?

I cant reproduce it smjjames :(

Steps to reproduce:

1. Launch any craft, whether from VAB/SPH or directly from KSC.

The only exceptions that I saw in there were some sort of camera rotation exception (unity exception I think), that one activestruts exception that is still happening (I thought you guys were looking into that one), and a bunch of IR: GUI exceptions.

I'm using the IR model rework pre-release B, so the version that I'm using is a bit different from yours.

if I am not mistaken I am using the same, can you link it to me please what you are using ?

if I am not mistaken I am using the same, can you link it to me please what you are using ?

It's a closed beta, so I'm not sure if Zodius and Ziw want me to give the whole folder. It's not like theres a NDA, it's that theres no publically available file and the thing is indev, so I'm just not sure if it's okay with them if I do that.

It's a closed beta, so I'm not sure if Zodius and Ziw want me to give the whole folder. It's not like theres a NDA, it's that theres no publically available file and the thing is indev, so I'm just not sure if it's okay with them if I do that.

Ah ok! No problem :)

Is there some way of getting the speed/acceleration settings to apply in the VAB? Or is this just a bug..

The speed and acceleration are hard set in the VAB. The coding to make stuff move is different between the VAB and in flight. The best thing to do is fiddle with the speed and acceleration in flight. Remember your settings and setup your parts in the VAB to reflect your findings.

Yea, please don't share that around :P

I am very intrigued by what this mod enables the player to do, but I am a bit confused by the "docking port warning".

Does it mean that I shouldn't use IR parts on any craft that also has a docking port ? I can understand not sticking a dock port at the end of a robotic arm, but that "or indirectly" term in the warning can mean anything. A space station equipped a robotic arm loses much of its appeal if no other craft can dock with it. I mean the mod looks incredibly useful but if I have to give up docking my vessels altogether...

Does it mean that I shouldn't use IR parts on any craft that also has a docking port ? I can understand not sticking a dock port at the end of a robotic arm, but that "or indirectly" term in the warning can mean anything. A space station equipped a robotic arm loses much of its appeal if no other craft can dock with it. I mean the mod looks incredibly useful but if I have to give up docking my vessels altogether...

IR parts can freely be used on craft with docking ports, but as you noted, you should avoid having a docking port at the end of a robot arm. The old message used to just mention directly, but a lot of players took this to meaning that adding a truss between the robotics part and docking port would be fine (since it wouldn't be directly connected any more). This would still cause problems, hence indirectly being added to the warning.

IR parts can freely be used on craft with docking ports, but as you noted, you should avoid having a docking port at the end of a robot arm. The old message used to just mention directly, but a lot of players took this to meaning that adding a truss between the robotics part and docking port would be fine (since it wouldn't be directly connected any more). This would still cause problems, hence indirectly being added to the warning.

Ah, thank you very much for the clarification. I will certainly give this a try !

Another question about the docking port warning.

1. The grabbing arm is a special type of docking part, right? (Similarly for the winches in KAS/KIS)? Does it count for this warning?

2. Is this specifically about moving docked ships around attached with docking ports? As you have stated it is not the presence of the IR parts, just if you use then in conjuncture with a docking port. So can we have extendable, adjustable docking port that is locked and never used while docked?

Half of the IR designs I have seen have a docking port being attached to some IR parts.

And a more general question. Any links to design ideas? Really cool mod, but I am just drawing a blank on how to use them. A walker is cool, tho probably not as practical as wheels. Was that lander using engines attached to some sort of rotators? Now that is cool (tho I am surprised they do not flop around or rip off).

Edited by wisnoskij

That depends on whether you mean the stock Advanced Grabbing Unit or the Grabber from ZodiusInfuser's IR Rework. The AGU functions as a single-sided docking port, merging two craft in flight, and it does cause problems with robotics parts. The Grabber and other KAS magnets allow you to move, but not merge with the other craft, so they don't cause problems.

For the last question, you might try this thread.

Can someone exlpain to me what i'm doing wrong?

Ive attached a docking washer (motored) onto a habitation, and on top of the washer there is a command pod that needs rotation.

When in the VAB everything works as planned, but on the pad it doesnt really agree with what ive done. The washer doesnt rotate, sometimes

will get disconnected.

Am i trying something that is out of reach for the washer? when attached with nothing on top it seems to turn normally, so i know it's something i did wrong.

Other then that, thx for the great mod!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I'm noticing that when i have parts attached together with kerbal attachment system that are then attached to infernal robotics parts (ie a fuel port on a leg of a rover that is an extendo-tron or in the case below an extender with a metal tank attached from extraplanetary launchpads) the parts tend to pull apart when on the ground if things start to move and I time warp forward. The parts slowly move away from each other and then if I stop the time warp things stay the way they were. My stream from Saturday night can show the failures involved with this. For some reason when the parts started to seperate then i tried to fly the vehicle in space, everything just started wobbling like a Wii character and nothing I did could stop the harmonics...they all seemed to build off each other and it built in strength the longer the vessel flew. Check out the replay from 6/6/15 on my twitch channel for an example. www.twitch.tv/gokouzwar

Having some issues with the unpowered washers, they are actually powered but they don't show up in the servo config and they are not free moving

It is only applicable to editor, right?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.