1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

It's all about relative mass. The mass of the ring is far greater than the mass of the command pod (root part) at the rings hub. Now the mass needs to be considerably different as leverage is also at play here. In the VAB the ring rotates because of which side of the docking washer it is on. In space you aren't connected to anything. When the Canadarm 2 moves an item around on the ISS. The station is moving in the opposite direction as the payload on the arm. Push the item away you push the entire station away in the opposite direction. But the mass of the station as well as the cushioning of the canadarm's joints slowly changing speeds is such, it moves very slow / not at all, with a light payload at the end of the Canadarm 2. So in short make the hub / station heavier, the ring lighter. Adjust the acceleration curve of the docking washer, as well as add SAS to the stationary bits. No SAS on the ring and it should work.

I've drastically increased the mass of the hub and added a ton of SAS, but the washer is unable to maintain a constant rate of rotation for the ring despite sufficient power being supplied to the washer and the SAS. Both pieces come to a stop every ~45 degrees of rotation.

Thank you for your assistance.

Turn off the SAS in those cupolas, for a start. If you have SAS in the hub and no SAS in the ring then eventually the SAS will get things rotating the way you want them to, with the hub stationary and the ring moving.

Another option is to have two contra-rotating rings so that they cancel each other out. You can do it with three bearings, with the middle bearing's direction reversed and its maximum speed doubled.

I've drastically increased the mass of the hub and added a ton of SAS, but the washer is unable to maintain a constant rate of rotation for the ring despite sufficient power being supplied to the washer and the SAS. Both pieces come to a stop every ~45 degrees of rotation.

Thank you for your assistance.

Make sure you're controlling the craft from the side you're wanting to remain stationary, otherwise you get in to the situation you describe. You may wish to take a look at this: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/84566-WIP-Magic-Smoke-Industries-Station-Parts-(Infernal-Robotics-required)

Not sure if the parts still work, but the second video shows a working setup using SAS. Alternatively, use the free spinning washers and some engines to spin the ring up to speed.

Hello

I have some more question regarding the Version of this mod on GitHub.

All versions on GitHub have still 1.0.2 as KSP version defined (develop branch, master branch and tag v0.21.3). But the ZIP File for 0.21.3 has already 1.0.3 as KSP version.

In CKAN the IR mod is marked as 1.0.4 compatible.

So I guess the ZIP Version and CKAN Version is differently to the versions on GitHub (master- and devleop-branch and version tag). Maybe the ZIP and CKAN version has been build locally without pushing the latest changes to the repository. Could this be?

Could you please update the repository with the latest stable version, so I can rebuild the same version like the one from CKAN?

Thanks a lot

GrafZahl

Hi Sirkut,

I think I have found a little bug.

translateAxis = 0, 1, 0

This works correctly in the VAB, but once loaded into the 3D world the Y axis gets inverted.

What part(s) does this problem occur on? Is it all piston parts (from both rework and legacy) or just a specific one?

Its a custom model.

MODULE

{

name = MuMechToggle

translateJoint = True

translateAxis = 0, -1, 0

keyTranslateSpeed = 0.30

translateLimits = True

translateMin = 0

translateMax = 2.0

stepIncrement = 0.01

translateLimitsRevertKey = False

jointSpring = 0

jointDamping = 0

onActivate = False

translateKey =

revTranslateKey =

fixedMesh = static

invertSymmetry = False

servoName = Lower Arm Extend

electricChargeRequired = 0.2

motorSndPath = MagicSmokeIndustries/Sounds/infernalRoboticMotor // Motor loop sound path

}

As you can see I "fixed" it by making the Y axis a negative. Works in the 3D world now but in the VAB it moves in the opposite direction.

Its a custom model.

As you can see I "fixed" it by making the Y axis a negative. Works in the 3D world now but in the VAB it moves in the opposite direction.

Do you apply any rotation to your model in Unity (e.g to align it to the vertical)? That's the only thing I can think would cause VAB issues as I've had similar but with rotational parts.

No I do not. Thats what causes most problems so I make sure the parts are properly alligned in Blender already. I have no problems with rotational joints, only transforms.

No I do not. Thats what causes most problems so I make sure the parts are properly alligned in Blender already. I have no problems with rotational joints, only transforms.

Is this an issue that occurs only with your part, or does it occur with the adjustable rail and other piston parts? If it's just your part then there's something you're missing from your Unity setup. Some pictures of how it looks would help us diagnose the problem. Until given evidence to the contrary I'm doubtful it's an issue with the plugin.

hey,

i am trying to rescale the parts using tweakscale.

sadly, the larger the parts become, the more problems i get. (not tried downscaling)

starting from "not moving at all, but the window say it does" over "moving on invisible stack" up to "parts splitting while moving".

is that normal?

Have the problem mainly with the pistons

IRPistonScaleable

TelescopeFullAScaleable

KSP 1.0.4

Tweakscale 2.2.1.0

IR: 0.21.3

Edited by Speadge

hey,

sadly, the larger the parts become, the more problems i get. (not tried downscaling)

starting from "not moving at all, but the window say it does" over "moving on invisible stack" up to "parts splitting while moving".

is that normal?

IRPistonScaleable

TelescopeFullAScaleable

KSP 1.0.4

Tweakscale 2.2.1.0

tweakscale i buggy mess, never worked for me since 1.4. Even if it didn't make ship to explode on launchpad it was causing kraken visits at warp above 10x.

just live without tweakscale.

hey,

is that normal?

IRPistonScaleable

TelescopeFullAScaleable

KSP 1.0.4

Tweakscale 2.2.1.0

Now Zodious already stated that anything above 200% is buggy. what size are you trying to scale to?

tweakscale i buggy mess, never worked for me since 1.4. Even if it didn't make ship to explode on launchpad it was causing kraken visits at warp above 10x.

just live without tweakscale.

I am a happy Tweakscale user and almost every single Youtube video I've put out from .90 to 1.0.4 has had Tweakscaled IR parts in them with no issues. Be careful bad mouthing a mod before you really find out how its working for others. These modders put a lot of hard work into a mod to have people say "It's a buggy mess"

hey guys,

i didn't read everything on here, but i have some problems with the mod.

some of the parts i see in the video are not in the mod, so i looked for more. i found the Infernal_Robotics_Model_Rework_-_Core_Pack-v01b and Infernal_Robotics_Model_Rework_-_Expansion_Pack-v01b but those parts become black and there are still some missing.

am i doing something wrong?

i use KSP 1.0.4

hey guys,

i didn't read everything on here, but i have some problems with the mod.

some of the parts i see in the video are not in the mod, so i looked for more. i found the Infernal_Robotics_Model_Rework_-_Core_Pack-v01b and Infernal_Robotics_Model_Rework_-_Expansion_Pack-v01b but those parts become black and there are still some missing.

am i doing something wrong?

i use KSP 1.0.4

If you use ATM you should disable it for Reworked parts. Find more details in Model Rework Thread!

Has anyone delved into the /Parts/Legacy folder? There are 12 parts which use only 3 textures, and those textures are duplicated in each folder which is VERY RAM UNFRIENDLY. I deleted all the duplicate textures and reassigned config files to use 3 textures from one folder + converted them to .dds. This effort downsized the Legacy folder from 47Mb to 4Mb!

I wish Sirkut gives more love to MSI parts in the next update. RAM friendly = User friendly.

Has anyone delved into the /Parts/Legacy folder? There are 12 parts which use only 3 textures, and those textures are duplicated in each folder which is VERY RAM UNFRIENDLY. I deleted all the duplicate textures and reassigned config files to use 3 textures from one folder + converted them to .dds. This effort downsized the Legacy folder from 47Mb to 4Mb!

I wish Sirkut gives more love to MSI parts in the next update. RAM friendly = User friendly.

This has been done in 0.21.2 already, unless something went wrong with 0.21.3 release all Legacy parts should have dds textures and use texture sharing.

This has been done in 0.21.2 already, unless something went wrong with 0.21.3 release all Legacy parts should have dds textures and use texture sharing.

There's no texture sharing in any of the versions.

Is anybody having problems trying to get the rotatrons (both the legacy and model rework) to be in sync and symmetrical while trying to use rotation limits? I'm trying to use them as VTOL rotators, but they keep not being in sync.

Hey guys, does anyone have a problem with the pistons and extendatrons going beyond their casing? Probably an old issue but it's messing me up when trying to build complex stuff.

You should make a clean install of IR (and Reworked parts if you have them) - it seems you have an outdated version or some version conflict in .cfg files

Anyone have problems where only part of the textures work, the other ones don't load and the pieces just show up as black objects with out any textures?;.; Thanks in advance for all help, amazing mod absolutely love it. I've been trying to use the rotatrons to rotate a fuselage and create some artificial gravity while in orbit.

Edit: I forgot to mention I tried removing and reinstalling the mod. No change. Thanks again.

Active Texture Management - X86 - Aggressive (ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Aggressive 5-0)

Adjustable Landing Gear (AdjustableLandingGear v1.2.0)

AeroGUI (AeroGUI v2)

Alcubierre Warp Drive (Stand-alone) (AlcubierreStandalone 0.2.1)

Asteroid Day (AsteroidDay 1.0)

Astronomer's Pack - Clouds - High (AstronomersPack-Clouds-High Interstellar.V2)

Astronomer's Pack - Distant Object Enhancement config (AstronomersPack-DistantObjectEnhancement Interstellar.V2)

Astronomer's Pack - PlanetShine configuration (AstronomersPack-PlanetShine Interstellar.V2)

Astronomer's Pack: Atmospheric Scattering (AstronomersPack-AtmosphericScattering Interstellar.V2)

Astronomer's Pack: Clouds for Eve & Jool - 2K (AstronomersPack-Eve-Jool-Clouds-2K Interstellar.V2)

Astronomer's Pack: Lightning (AstronomersPack-Lightning Interstellar.V2)

Astronomer's Pack: Sandstorms and Surface Dust (AstronomersPack-Sandstorms Interstellar.V2)

Astronomer's Pack: Snow (AstronomersPack-Snow Interstellar.V2)

Atomic Age (AtomicAge 3.0)

AutoAsparagus (AutoAsparagus v1.0)

BahamutoD Animation Modules (BDAnimationModules v0.6.2)

Behemoth Aerospace Engineering Large Parts (BehemothAerospaceEngineeringLargeParts 1.3.1)

Better Buoyancy (BetterBuoyancy v1.3)

Collision FX (CollisionFX 3.2)

Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 0.4.3)

Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 2.1)

Connected Living Space (ConnectedLivingSpace 1.1.3.1)

Cryogenic Engines (CryoEngines 0.1.81)

Davon Supply Mod (DavonSupplyMod 014)

DeepFreeze Continued... (DeepFreeze V0.17.0.0)

Distant Object Enhancement (DistantObject v1.5.7)

Dr. Jet's Chop Shop (ChopShop 0.7.3.1)

Environmental Visual Enhancements (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 7-4)

Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.1.4)

Firespitter Resources config (FirespitterResourcesConfig v7.1.4)

Heat-Resistant Spaceplane Parts (HRP) (HeatResistantSpaceplanePartsHRP 1.0.4)

HyperEdit (HyperEdit 1.4.1)

Infernal Robotics Model Rework - Core Pack (IR-Model-Rework-Core v01b)

Infernal Robotics Model Rework - Expansion Pack (IR-Model-Rework-Expansion v01b)

Interstellar Fuel Switch Core (InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core 1.15)

Kerbal Aircraft Expansion (KAX) (KerbalAircraftExpansion v2.5.2)

Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 0.5.2)

Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.1.5)

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement (KerbalJointReinforcement v3.1.4)

Klockheed Martian General Plugin Functions - Gimbal module (KlockheedMartian-Gimbal 3.0.3.0)

Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 1:beta-02)

KSP AVC (KSP-AVC 1.1.5.0)

Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics (InfernalRobotics 0.21.3)

MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.5.3)

Mk2 Stock-a-like Expansion (Mk2Expansion 1.4.6.1)

Module Manager (ModuleManager 2.6.6)

Near Future Construction (NearFutureConstruction 0.5.4)

Near Future Electrical Core (NearFutureElectrical-Core 0.5.2)

Near Future IVA Props (NearFutureProps 0.4.3)

Near Future Propulsion (NearFuturePropulsion 0.5.3)

Near Future Solar (NearFutureSolar 0.5.3)

Near Future Spacecraft Parts (NearFutureSpacecraft 0.4.3)

Outer Planets Mod (OuterPlanetsMod 1:1.7.1)

PlanetShine (PlanetShine 0.2.3.1)

Ship Manifest (ShipManifest 4.4.1.1)

Smart Parts (SmartParts 1.6.6)

SmartStage (SmartStage v2.6.2)

Stockalike Station Parts Expansion (StationPartsExpansion 0.3.3)

Transfer Window Planner (TransferWindowPlanner v1.3.0.1)

TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (TweakScale v2.2.1)

USI Survival Pack (USI-SRV 0.3.1)

USI Tools (USITools 0.4.1)

Screenshot:

ZdvKtRE.jpg?1

Log:

https://app.box.com/s/c5mcxnn471bbf07x0i61lt09cjoeqsps

Edited by l3tsputasmileonthatfacexd

Anyone have problems where only part of the textures work, the other ones don't load and the pieces just show up as black objects with out any textures?;.; Thanks in advance for all help, amazing mod absolutely love it. I've been trying to use the rotatrons to rotate a fuselage and create some artificial gravity while in orbit.

Edit: I forgot to mention I tried removing and reinstalling the mod. No change. Thanks again.

Active Texture Management - X86 - Aggressive (ActiveTextureManagement-x86-Aggressive 5-0)

Adjustable Landing Gear (AdjustableLandingGear v1.2.0)

AeroGUI (AeroGUI v2)

Alcubierre Warp Drive (Stand-alone) (AlcubierreStandalone 0.2.1)

Asteroid Day (AsteroidDay 1.0)

Astronomer's Pack - Clouds - High (AstronomersPack-Clouds-High Interstellar.V2)

Astronomer's Pack - Distant Object Enhancement config (AstronomersPack-DistantObjectEnhancement Interstellar.V2)

Astronomer's Pack - PlanetShine configuration (AstronomersPack-PlanetShine Interstellar.V2)

Astronomer's Pack: Atmospheric Scattering (AstronomersPack-AtmosphericScattering Interstellar.V2)

Astronomer's Pack: Clouds for Eve & Jool - 2K (AstronomersPack-Eve-Jool-Clouds-2K Interstellar.V2)

Astronomer's Pack: Lightning (AstronomersPack-Lightning Interstellar.V2)

Astronomer's Pack: Sandstorms and Surface Dust (AstronomersPack-Sandstorms Interstellar.V2)

Astronomer's Pack: Snow (AstronomersPack-Snow Interstellar.V2)

Atomic Age (AtomicAge 3.0)

AutoAsparagus (AutoAsparagus v1.0)

BahamutoD Animation Modules (BDAnimationModules v0.6.2)

Behemoth Aerospace Engineering Large Parts (BehemothAerospaceEngineeringLargeParts 1.3.1)

Better Buoyancy (BetterBuoyancy v1.3)

Collision FX (CollisionFX 3.2)

Community Resource Pack (CommunityResourcePack 0.4.3)

Community Tech Tree (CommunityTechTree 2.1)

Connected Living Space (ConnectedLivingSpace 1.1.3.1)

Cryogenic Engines (CryoEngines 0.1.81)

Davon Supply Mod (DavonSupplyMod 014)

DeepFreeze Continued... (DeepFreeze V0.17.0.0)

Distant Object Enhancement (DistantObject v1.5.7)

Dr. Jet's Chop Shop (ChopShop 0.7.3.1)

Environmental Visual Enhancements (EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements 7-4)

Firespitter Core (FirespitterCore v7.1.4)

Firespitter Resources config (FirespitterResourcesConfig v7.1.4)

Heat-Resistant Spaceplane Parts (HRP) (HeatResistantSpaceplanePartsHRP 1.0.4)

HyperEdit (HyperEdit 1.4.1)

Infernal Robotics Model Rework - Core Pack (IR-Model-Rework-Core v01b)

Infernal Robotics Model Rework - Expansion Pack (IR-Model-Rework-Expansion v01b)

Interstellar Fuel Switch Core (InterstellarFuelSwitch-Core 1.15)

Kerbal Aircraft Expansion (KAX) (KerbalAircraftExpansion v2.5.2)

Kerbal Attachment System (KAS 0.5.2)

Kerbal Inventory System (KIS 1.1.5)

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement (KerbalJointReinforcement v3.1.4)

Klockheed Martian General Plugin Functions - Gimbal module (KlockheedMartian-Gimbal 3.0.3.0)

Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (Kopernicus 1:beta-02)

KSP AVC (KSP-AVC 1.1.5.0)

Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics (InfernalRobotics 0.21.3)

MechJeb 2 (MechJeb2 2.5.3)

Mk2 Stock-a-like Expansion (Mk2Expansion 1.4.6.1)

Module Manager (ModuleManager 2.6.6)

Near Future Construction (NearFutureConstruction 0.5.4)

Near Future Electrical Core (NearFutureElectrical-Core 0.5.2)

Near Future IVA Props (NearFutureProps 0.4.3)

Near Future Propulsion (NearFuturePropulsion 0.5.3)

Near Future Solar (NearFutureSolar 0.5.3)

Near Future Spacecraft Parts (NearFutureSpacecraft 0.4.3)

Outer Planets Mod (OuterPlanetsMod 1:1.7.1)

PlanetShine (PlanetShine 0.2.3.1)

Ship Manifest (ShipManifest 4.4.1.1)

Smart Parts (SmartParts 1.6.6)

SmartStage (SmartStage v2.6.2)

Stockalike Station Parts Expansion (StationPartsExpansion 0.3.3)

Transfer Window Planner (TransferWindowPlanner v1.3.0.1)

TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (TweakScale v2.2.1)

USI Survival Pack (USI-SRV 0.3.1)

USI Tools (USITools 0.4.1)

Screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/ZdvKtRE.jpg?1

Log:

https://app.box.com/s/c5mcxnn471bbf07x0i61lt09cjoeqsps

On the main IR Releaase thread it is listed as a common issue and here is the fix

All my parts appear black! This is caused by the Active Texture Management mod, which is having a few issues with KSP 1.0.x. The devs are aware of the issue and will hopefully come back with a fix soon. In the meantime this has been suggested as a possible solution: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...=1#post1902110. If that does not work then pester the ATM devs over in their release thread to get it sorted: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...ement-Save-RAM!

On the main IR Releaase thread it is listed as a common issue and here is the fix

All my parts appear black! This is caused by the Active Texture Management mod, which is having a few issues with KSP 1.0.x. The devs are aware of the issue and will hopefully come back with a fix soon. In the meantime this has been suggested as a possible solution: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...=1#post1902110. If that does not work then pester the ATM devs over in their release thread to get it sorted: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...ement-Save-RAM!

Thank you for that info, I guess I missed that I apologize for troubling you with something so simple. I had a suspicion it might have been ATM but because it wasn't causing an issue with any other mods I didn't check it. Thank you again for the help I'll check into that solution and will also as suggested try to inspire the ATM devs to address the issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.