1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

21 minutes ago, Furious1964 said:

Where would I find the Alpha Releases?

Clean install of KSP with only Toolbar and Module Manager still results in IR not showing up/not usable.

@Furious1964

Hm, take a look in the add-on development thread? I downloaded it there a week ago... Toolbar no more necessary btw

Edited by Mikki

28 minutes ago, Furious1964 said:

Where would I find the Alpha Releases?

Clean install of KSP with only Toolbar and Module Manager still results in IR not showing up/not usable.

If you have Toolbar installed then IR use toolbar instead of stock AppLauncher, you need add IR botton on the toolbar via Configure Visible Icons

I did that and the icon never showed up.

Tried everything I could. The version number of KSP is 1.0.5.1028. Could that be the reason and the mod needs updating? I don't know, it's just not working for me on a clean install.

Edited by Furious1964

14 minutes ago, Furious1964 said:

I did that and the icon never showed up.

Tried everything I could. The version number of KSP is 1.0.5.1028. Could that be the reason and the mod needs updating? I don't know, it's just not working for me on a clean install.

Hmm, please post a screenshot of your GameData folder and a link yo your log, I'll look into it.

1 hour ago, Ziw said:

Hmm, please post a screenshot of your GameData folder and a link yo your log, I'll look into it.

The Mods (Tweakscale downloaded because one of the mods needed it)

Sqfn1p1.jpg

No Toolbar

TPdG6N1.jpg

Installed with Ambient Light Adjustment and Infernal Robotics shows up

MH2trJq.jpg

IR ticked for Toolbar but Toolbar is gone

z59MajM.jpg

Only Ambient Light Adjustment showing

6bGv754.jpg

And the log file: http://pastebin.com/6NCH90gD

Sorry for this post being extremely long, but I wanted as much detain as possible.

Edited by Furious1964

12 minutes ago, Furious1964 said:

How do I enter editor mode to verify this? I checked it when I was in the space hangar and it didn't show.

You need to go to the Editor and press the Configure Visible buttons again.

Alternatively you can remove Toolbar to ensure IR works.

5 hours ago, Furious1964 said:

-Redacted-

OK, it's any hangar. And it does show up when I place a part. So I don't know why both Module Manager and KSP-AVC say it's out of date.

In your log file I don't see any messages from AVC, but I don't see any Rework parts loaded either.

Did you follow the link in the post by Zodius I linked above for the beta release of Rework parts?

On 1/9/2016 at 11:29 PM, V8jester said:

Yes, all the IR parts will become weaker the smaller you make them using Tweakscale. A great mod I use to build arms is "Kanadarm" Because the arm tubes are physics-less and wobble far less than alternative parts.

I'm guessing (hoping) this also works in reverse? increasing size makes them stronger?

1 hour ago, Talavar said:

I'm guessing (hoping) this also works in reverse? increasing size makes them stronger?

37 minutes ago, Ziw said:

Up to a certain limit, yes.

I believe that limit is something like 150%. Past that you start having weird issues in flight. It'll work just fine in the SPH / VAB. But once launched, the super sized IR parts will break. This is why Zodius locks the sizes of his Rework parts and they aren't free scale like the legacy parts.

Just now, loler43214 said:

I got a really odd bug when using the rework parts, there are all black like it got inked from a squid.

Do you use ATM or DTL? If yes then it is a known issue with this mods. Please configure them in a way that they ignore Rework parts.

5 hours ago, eberkain said:

The change log says the latest version was recompiled for 1.0.5, but downloading the latest via CKAN, the game complains that it was built for 1.0.3.

Please install manually, ensure you have 0.21.4 as version. We do not maintain IR's CKAN definition as it was not created by us.

9 minutes ago, eberkain said:

Ahh, Will do.  CKAN is really nice, but this seems to be a recurring theme with mods that don't install properly using it.  I'm thinking I may just be better off to manually install everything. 

Honestly, most of the heavy modders really don't use CKAN. You just can't say without a doubt you're actually getting the newest file as a lot of the CKAN definitions are often made by outside parties like in the case of IR.

Guys,

I've installed the addon in hope to see all the cool features from the intro video and... haven't found most of the parts. For instance, there are rover wheels in the demo but there is wheel parts in the editor. Is it an extra mod? And that's not the only part that misses, most of the parts from the video is not there. Tried to install Infernal_Robotics_Model_Rework and it did add some new parts but still not the parts from the video. What do I miss?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.