1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

Thank you @V8jester.

One of the reasons we do not include Legacy parts is that we no longer have access to original models, so apart from config file fixing there is not much we can do to change them. Another reason is to keep the download size small during pre-release as we push the updates quite often.

ok so im gonna just come out and say my issues could be due to no sleep since about noon yesterday (its 1:30pm now)

That said im now running into the issue of: Hr5iO3i.png?1

These are the IR files I have installed: oPcuuBJ.png

Have i done something wrong that you may know off hand?

4 minutes ago, sabreheim said:

ok so im gonna just come out and say my issues could be due to no sleep since about noon yesterday (its 1:30pm now)

That said im now running into the issue of: Hr5iO3i.png?1

These are the IR files I have installed: oPcuuBJ.png

Have i done something wrong that you may know off hand?

Please upload your log (KSP.log should be enough), something is really wrong.

2 minutes ago, sabreheim said:

Ok. first you need to update all your mods, there are too many errors from other mods. Ideally you should try a clean install with IR only. Second, you should delete IRSurfaceSampler and Kerbal Foundries plugins that comes with Zodius pack and only use the parts (only copy folder MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts from Zodius pack).

ok i give up, just sending this in case ive found some sort of bug.

I deleted the entire game folder and reinstalled thru steam then added the files (not including the ones you said) and still came up with the same screen.

Log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hz3niifypx8tvdv/KSP.log?dl=0

and unfortunately i have no clue how to read that log

Edited by sabreheim

6 minutes ago, sabreheim said:

ok i give up, just sending this in case ive found some sort of bug.

I deleted the entire game folder and reinstalled thru steam then added the files (not including the ones you said) and still came up with the same screen.

Log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/hz3niifypx8tvdv/KSP.log?dl=0

and unfortunately i have no clue how to read that log

Hmm, this is really odd. That line indicates a problem, but I don't know where it originates:

[ERR 15:01:15.067] Trying to reload asset from disk that is not stored on disk

Can you try beta2 (https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.0-beta2) or beta1 (https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.0-beta) and report?

I did change a couple lines in our Asset Loader, but it should now cause issues like that.

Also, please test:

1) Copy KSP directory from Steam folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program) on your desktop

2) Run KSP from this new folder on your Desktop and check whether it fixes the issue (maybe something to do with permissions)

13 minutes ago, Ziw said:

Hmm, this is really odd. That line indicates a problem, but I don't know where it originates:

[ERR 15:01:15.067] Trying to reload asset from disk that is not stored on disk

Can you try beta2 (https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.0-beta2) or beta1 (https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.0-beta) and report?

I did change a couple lines in our Asset Loader, but it should now cause issues like that.

Also, please test:

1) Copy KSP directory from Steam folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program) on your desktop

2) Run KSP from this new folder on your Desktop and check whether it fixes the issue (maybe something to do with permissions)

Alright I will test that either when I get home from work (around midnight EST) or when i get up tomorrow, and will post an update for you. and i will try both of them if beta 2 glitches on me too.

P.S. thank you for your patience

Edited by sabreheim

29 minutes ago, HoLeeSchitt said:

Beta1 works for me. I was experiencing the same problem as sabreheim on beta3. I haven't tried beta2 though.

Can you tell me you run KSP via Steam or from a separate folder?

40 minutes ago, sabreheim said:

Alright I will test that either when I get home from work (around midnight EST) or when i get up tomorrow, and will post an update for you. and i will try both of them if beta 2 glitches on me too.

P.S. thank you for your patience

Can you also send me a screen shot of your graphic settings in KSP, I've read that this error might arise when changing from Full Res to Half Res

This has happened without the most recent hotfix you posted today:
The Servo Controls screen didn't update properly. When creating a new group (this time moving parts via the arrow buttons) in flight, the group will be set in the Editor Window but the Servo Control Window will only show the previously existing groups.
When going back to the space center and then resuming the flight, the groups appeared properly. Once it randomly updated during flight, but I can't say how I got it to update.
Side note: The parts in each group and deleting groups are updated instantly, only creating new groups isn't.

3 hours ago, Ziw said:

Can you also send me a screen shot of your graphic settings in KSP, I've read that this error might arise when changing from Full Res to Half Res

Not a problem mate. Anything I can do to help with one of my fav mods

9 hours ago, Habasch said:

This has happened without the most recent hotfix you posted today:
The Servo Controls screen didn't update properly. When creating a new group (this time moving parts via the arrow buttons) in flight, the group will be set in the Editor Window but the Servo Control Window will only show the previously existing groups.
When going back to the space center and then resuming the flight, the groups appeared properly. Once it randomly updated during flight, but I can't say how I got it to update.
Side note: The parts in each group and deleting groups are updated instantly, only creating new groups isn't.

Thank you, it seems like a visual issue now (Servo Control window is not refreshed properly to take in new group structure). Simple scene change would refresh it. I'll fix that in the next update. 

The reason I cannot just force-refresh the UI after group creation is that an empty group will be discarded in that case. A group can only be saved persistently when there is at least one servo inside.

Edited by Ziw

13 minutes ago, sabreheim said:

so i found a bug?

Unfortunately (or fortunately for other users) we could not reproduce it on our machines. Could you please send me your Graphic settings and in the meanwhile try other solutions (running from desktop copy of KSP and running previous betas)?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.