1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

19 minutes ago, Warezcrawler said:

Is there any chance that the issue with IR and docking port can be fixed in KSP 1.1, or does it look like you are still unable to resolve that issue. It would be amazing if that issue would go away :cool:

We are exploring this possibility in the light of Joint changes in KSP 1.1 (all Joints are now in children). This change might help simplify things, although my preliminary attempts of fixing the issue failed, so do not expect a quick solution.

To be fair, you can work around this limitation in most cases.

1 minute ago, Ziw said:

We are exploring this possibility in the light of Joint changes in KSP 1.1 (all Joints are now in children). This change might help simplify things, although my preliminary attempts of fixing the issue failed, so do not expect a quick solution.

To be fair, you can work around this limitation in most cases.

Well it is simply a design limitation, but it would be great Without  it.

I'm not entirely sure if this is a bug or I can't figure out how to properly use the Gantry Rail. I slightly remember this already happening before 1.1, so it probably doesn't have anything to do with the update.

Basically the Gantry Rail moves everything attached to the second side-node just as it would move anything attached to the moving node. This webm shows this on a small test model. Premiere Pro decided to render it awfully (but still really big), however it should be clear what I mean.

Am I misunderstanding the concept of the Gantry Rail or is there actually something wrong?

If I remember correctly Gantry is meant to be connected by the anvil-shaped middle point

And there is also a Gantry-variant or something like that, that is the opposite.

I never use Gantries, so you'd better wait for someone knowing them better to answer.

Greetings All,

Whilst mucking around with rototrons for a tilt rotor style craft, I found something that might interest modders and players alike.

It seems that the flexing about the rototron caused by the thrust could be reduced by making the vector for a given engine pod pass through the rototron's attachment node - the node closest to the root part. Basically, reducing the torque about the rotortrons attachment node. Obviously the next part along starts to bend now, but struts sort that out. Does that make sense?

In my case I just clipped the engine into the rototron, something I suspect will cause problems later. Granted, this was built and measured by 'calibrated' eyeball, but my flying machine was definitely less floppy.

All this got me thinking, what if there was a IR joint that had the nodes positioned so that the thrust from an attached engine did not create a torque about the other node on the part? Or is there one already, hiding from me.

Hopefully the pretty picture works. Each side of the tester is identical, except that the less bendy one has been clipped into the rototron.

On 17/04/2016 at 5:43 AM, sabreheim said:

ok so im gonna just come out and say my issues could be due to no sleep since about noon yesterday (its 1:30pm now)

That said im now running into the issue of: Hr5iO3i.png?1

These are the IR files I have installed: oPcuuBJ.png

Have i done something wrong that you may know off hand?

I hope that this is also dumb or silly question.

The IR icon for actually using the parts doesn't come up whilst in flight.  It hasn't on any of the builds thus far.

It works fine in the VAB editor.  Right clicking on the parts in flight will bring up their tweakables.  Tried with a clean install 1.1.0.1224 and x64.

It does appear with a a clean install!  Not sure which mod it clashes with so that the icon doesn't come up.

But with beta 3 (not with beta 2 and previous I also have the the issues of the white-ed out window from above quote. It also appears like this in flight making IR with my above solution to my own problem still unworkable.

Peace.

2 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

I hope that this is also dumb or silly question.

The IR icon for actually using the parts doesn't come up whilst in flight.  It hasn't on any of the builds thus far.

It works fine in the VAB editor.  Right clicking on the parts in flight will bring up their tweakables.  Tried with a clean install 1.1.0.1224 and x64.

It does appear with a a clean install!  Not sure which mod it clashes with so that the icon doesn't come up.

But with beta 3 (not with beta 2 and previous I also have the the issues of the white-ed out window from above quote. It also appears like this in flight making IR with my above solution to my own problem still unworkable.

Peace.

I'm not sure what exactly is your problem. Do you get the same issue as sabreheim? Or just the IR icon being white or not appearing at all? Can you post lost a log from your clean install?

19 minutes ago, Stimpack said:

Hey I had the same issue as Sabreheim and TheJesuit with the gui and the button not showing correctly when using Beta 3. It is working fine in Beta 2 tho just to let you know.

Thank you, that narrows down a list of changes that might have caused it significantly. It actually seems like a Unity bug, that was fixed in 5.3.3, but we are on 5.2.4 so I'll have to find a workaround

16 hours ago, Ziw said:

I'm not sure what exactly is your problem. Do you get the same issue as sabreheim? Or just the IR icon being white or not appearing at all? Can you post lost a log from your clean install?

Yes same issue as sabreheim.  With the stuff I had crossed out it turns out it was a conflict with slightly outdated Precise Manoeuvrer which caused the same loss of icon with the newest KER.  The latest version of Precise Manoeuvrer solved that issue.

When I do some further tests I'll get back to you.  From memory I had a white icon when it was a clean install, but with others it 'borrowed' the KAC icon.

Peace.

8 minutes ago, sabreheim said:

Lotta assets 'not stored on disk' - I see none in my Log

also whats '[ERR 10:16:38.683] WheelCollider requires an attached Rigidbody to function.' all about?

Did you launch KSP via Steam or from separate folder? What is your Texture size (FullRes or HalfRes)?

Ignore the rigidbody errors - they are from stock KSP

Edited by Ziw

Steam Folder through CKAN and apparently im at Half Res

only settings i changed upon install were putting it at 1360 and Full Screen

should i try it at full res and pray it doesnt blow up my PC?

Edited by sabreheim

22 minutes ago, Stimpack said:

I Also launched it from Desktop didnt make a difference

Please try putting this dll, replacing the original from your GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Plugins and report back if it helps.

https://github.com/ZiwKerman/InfernalRobotics/raw/v2.0-overhaul/InfernalRobotics/InfernalRobotics/InfernalRobotics.dll

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.