1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

Just now, Stimpack said:

Sweet good job this works

Ok, I think I know what's the problem. I'll prepare a proper build with a hotfix in a while.

Just confirm my suspicion - you don't run KSP from SSD?

2 minutes ago, Ziw said:

Ok, I think I know what's the problem. I'll prepare a proper build with a hotfix in a while.

The one install from Steam is not on SSD the one on my desktop now is. To clearify i tested the dll you gave me from my desktop (ssd).

Edited by Stimpack

2 minutes ago, Ziw said:

mine is not on a SSD (i assume you do mean Solid State Drive)

2 minutes ago, Stimpack said:

The one install from Steam is not on SSD the one on my desktop now is. To clearify i tested the dll you gave me from my desktop (ssd).

Just to put my mind to rest, please test the hotfix dll on Steam install as well.

@Ziw Still the same issues.

Stock with only IR x641.1.0.1230 build.

IR button on the parts list (left side) is the Kerbal with 3 stars.
In the VAB the IR button (bottom) to bring up the GUI is white.
In flight mode, toolbar button for the GUI is also white.

With mods installed the GUI buttons in VAB and flight borrow the icon for KAC.

Peace.

EDIT - whoops we seem to have moved along. I think I closed my laptop before the message 'sent'.  Just trying your hotfix now.  And yes I am using an SSD.

Edited by theJesuit

2 minutes ago, theJesuit said:

@Ziw Still the same issues.

Stock with only IR x641.1.0.1230 build.

IR button on the parts list (left side) is the Kerbal with 3 stars.
In the VAB the IR button (bottom) to bring up the GUI is white.
In flight mode, toolbar button for the GUI is also white.

With mods installed the GUI buttons in VAB and flight borrow the icon for KAC.

Peace.

Just to confirm, Is it with this hotfix?

https://github.com/ZiwKerman/InfernalRobotics/raw/v2.0-overhaul/InfernalRobotics/InfernalRobotics/InfernalRobotics.dll

If yes, please zip and upload your KSP.log somewhere and post a link here

Edited by Ziw

2 minutes ago, Ziw said:

Just to confirm, Is it with this hotfix?

https://github.com/ZiwKerman/InfernalRobotics/raw/v2.0-overhaul/InfernalRobotics/InfernalRobotics/InfernalRobotics.dll

If yes, please zip and upload your KSP.log somewhere and post a link here

It works!  Sorry, my post previous to this was supposed to be from last night, It didn't register the 'send' until this morning - hence the edit.

THE HOTFIX WORKS.  You're a legend thanks!

1 hour ago, edemlama said:

the part folder of beta 4 is empty, I'm missing something?

No, that is intentional as it reduces the download size of each beta since they are coming out quite regularly. The parts can be found in a separate download link in the OP iirc.

UI Elements are all garbled up.  The IR UI icon displays as other mods' icons e.g. mechjeb and editor extensions icons show in place of IR robotic arm icon.

UI background is white.

I had a look through the differences between the old stable version 0.21.4, and the Textures folder was removed, and replaced with an AssetBundles folder in the IR Model Rework - v02 Pre-Release Beta.  Old Textures were actually physically in the Textures folder.  Now, there's an ir_ui_objects.ksp file in the AssetBundles.  I Think the issues arise because mods are external dlls and assets are usually internal to KSP.

This makes me wonder why the decision was made to switch from a Textures folder to an AssetBundles folder in the first place.

I have tried reinstalling fresh with IR from a manual download.  Problem persists no matter what I tried.

When I go back to ksp v1.0.5 install with the matching IR version 0.21.4, everything works fine.

2 hours ago, artemiseritu said:

UI Elements are all garbled up.  The IR UI icon displays as other mods' icons e.g. mechjeb and editor extensions icons show in place of IR robotic arm icon.

UI background is white.

I had a look through the differences between the old stable version 0.21.4, and the Textures folder was removed, and replaced with an AssetBundles folder in the IR Model Rework - v02 Pre-Release Beta.  Old Textures were actually physically in the Textures folder.  Now, there's an ir_ui_objects.ksp file in the AssetBundles.  I Think the issues arise because mods are external dlls and assets are usually internal to KSP.

This makes me wonder why the decision was made to switch from a Textures folder to an AssetBundles folder in the first place.

I have tried reinstalling fresh with IR from a manual download.  Problem persists no matter what I tried.

When I go back to ksp v1.0.5 install with the matching IR version 0.21.4, everything works fine.

Is this on 1.1? And did you use the Beta 4 release found here?

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.0-beta4

Edited by V8jester

3 hours ago, artemiseritu said:

UI background is white.

Have you tried this hotfix from couple posts above? https://github.com/ZiwKerman/InfernalRobotics/raw/v2.0-overhaul/InfernalRobotics/InfernalRobotics/InfernalRobotics.dll

Try this https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.0-rc1

All resources have been moved to asset bundle as the only place where those "Textures" are used is the UI, and now all the UI is packed into AssetBundle. Unfortunately there is a minor bug in Unity 5.2.4 asset bundles that only surfaces on some PCs. Fortunately we have found a workaround and it helped others having this same issue. I will post a proper update later today.

Edited by Ziw

@Ziw ok so my first impressions here:

-The UI is perfect

- Love the build aid (just noticed it itf it was already there)

- The only con I see is that I built a basic rover with Curiosity wheels and it bugged out on spawn. It tilted up on its back two wheels and stayed put, but when I moved the parts and got all four wheels back on the ground it shot up in the air (I spotted the height at 50m when I realized I was up a bit):confused:

13 minutes ago, sabreheim said:

@Ziw ok so my first impressions here:

-The UI is perfect

- Love the build aid (just noticed it itf it was already there)

- The only con I see is that I built a basic rover with Curiosity wheels and it bugged out on spawn. It tilted up on its back two wheels and stayed put, but when I moved the parts and got all four wheels back on the ground it shot up in the air (I spotted the height at 50m when I realized I was up a bit):confused:

Wheels and landing legs from Zodius pack have not been updated for 1.1 so just avoid them for now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.