1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

It seems that the motors and free moving axles are not working in mirror symmetry(never tried radial symmetry yet) for me, they refuse to rotate at all. When I remove symmetry and place 1 by 1 manually, it then can move.

I've tested in a couple of different builds and it refuses to work even though it is able to move in the editor. I can confirm that there is no obstruction.

1 hour ago, Auranapse said:

It seems that the motors and free moving axles are not working in mirror symmetry(never tried radial symmetry yet) for me, they refuse to rotate at all. When I remove symmetry and place 1 by 1 manually, it then can move.

I've tested in a couple of different builds and it refuses to work even though it is able to move in the editor. I can confirm that there is no obstruction.

Can confirm that in Mirror symmetry uncontrolled parts (like docking washer) freeze for some reason, but work perfectly in single mode. Normal servos seem to work fine in mirror symmetry. Will investigate, although there were no changes in this part of the code for a long time, so it must be something new for 1.1

Some great additions, the new UI and build aid looks fantastic :)

@pwu The parts have been separated from the plugin, you'll need to get both. Go to the link below, you'll need to get the plugin (-RC2-Core.zip) from the "Release Candidate 2", and the parts (IR-LegacyParts.zip) from the "Release Candidate 1" below it.

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases

You can also try the Rework parts but only the joints work, not the wheels, legs or other things. Follow the link at the top.

Third and (I hope final) Release Candidate is up

In this version:

• IR Build Aid improvements: now shows preset positions and indicates Positive direction via line color (from orange to greenish yellow)
  • Fixed a bug when dragging and dropping a servo to the very end of the last group did not register as group change.
  • Made an explicit button in flight editor to return to control window.
  • Some other cosmetic changes.

Known Issue:

• Uncontrolled parts (docking washer) seem to freeze in flight mode when placed in Mirror Symmetry mode. Use Radial symmetry or place them separately to avoid this bug.

Reminder: parts are not packed, use the separate link in RC1 release or use alternative packs.

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.0-rc3

1 hour ago, V8jester said:

@Ziw Do you have any plans to make IR compatible with toolbar again?

(On my phone, haven't downloaded the above revision yet. Incase it was already fixed)

Is it updated to 1.1? I'll take a look if it is possible with new UI.

1 hour ago, kubi said:

Just found that 1.1 is supported :) I love this mod, thank you!

Have you thought about parts that springs/dampeners with configurable coefficients or characteristics?

I did some experimentation with that, with mixed results. I was going to introduce a proper hydraulic piston with this update, but due to normal parts having unlimited torque there is little use for it. 

Another problem with hydraulic piston is that in order to position it precisely for different loads (if you model it physically) you need to fine tune its PID controller, and I doubt any of you would want to do it for each set of different pistons for each different craft, so I let this idea rest for a while. 

I can at some point add the suspension spring and damping parameters to translating parts as optional parameters, all the necessary code is already in IR 2.0 codebase, just disabled for now, because it is not properly tested.

12 minutes ago, KerbOrbiter said:

So, how close we are to the release (and CKAN update)? :rolleyes:

Very close.

1 hour ago, Darael said:

Yup!  Happened a few days ago, I think.

Thank you. Looking at it now.

Just now, WildLynx said:

In 1.0.5 IR parts not liked mirror symmetry either. They tried to behave like they are in central symmetry or do something weird.

Thanks, good to know its not something new with this update. I'll try to get it fixed anyway though.

Rejoice! Due to my clumsiness (pushed the wrong button) we have a final release!

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.0

Changes since RC3 - added Blizzy's Toolbar integration.

I'll record a video on new UI very soon. If you are interested to see me stream on Twitch and explain all I know about IR - let me know here, I'll try to arrange that as well.

On 4/15/2016 at 0:27 PM, Ziw said:

Poehali!

Infernal Robotics 2.0 release, built for KSP 1.1 build 1230

REQUIRES CLEAN INSTALL (Delete old MagicSmokeIndustries Folder in your GameData folder)

New Features:

• Redesigned UI to Unity5 UI
  • IR Build Aid - turn on visual aid in VAB/SPH to see servo range overlay
  • Drag and Move servos in editor by holding Left-Ctrl while clicking on a servo and dragging.
  • Settings window to control UI scale and transparency.

Minor changes:

• Uncontrolled servos can be moved to position (VAB/SPH only)
  • Servo movement in VAB/SPH now obeys speed settings for servo.
  • Module renamed to ModuleIRServo, but has an alias for MuMechToggle for backwards compatibility. We encourage all part makers to change the name in part.cfg at their earliest convenience.

Changes from beta4:

• A bit less log spam
  • Different approach to loading a bundle
  • Added HostPart to the API for Servo
  • Fix inverted Servo movement with Ctrl-Grab

Important notice!

Legacy Parts are now a separate download. Core of the mod is distributed partless.

This is a beta version for a pre-release version 1.1 of KSP, so there WILL be bugs. Please report bugs and ask questions in this thread.

Download (new link to rc3):  https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.0-rc3

Legacy Parts download: https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.0-beta/IR-LegacyParts.zip

A huge shoutout to @ZodiusInfuser for his help in building and perfecting new UI. Also mad props to @larkvi, @kujuman and @Btsimmons2 for helping out with testing the new UI and IR overall.

are you ever going to add a limit lock to the non motorized docker?

Hey everybody,

I was just wondering if anybody had encountered a problem with the window positioning?  When in the VAB and i click on the robotics button, no window appears anywhere on screen for me to make changes to the parts.  However, when I launch the vehicle and click on the robotics icon, I manage to get the window to appear but it is stuck in the top right of the screen and I am unable to move it because the "click here to drag" portion of the window is off the top of the screen.

I have tried changing the screen resolution and UI scaling but neither seem to have helped.

17 minutes ago, erbmur said:

Hey everybody,

I was just wondering if anybody had encountered a problem with the window positioning?  When in the VAB and i click on the robotics button, no window appears anywhere on screen for me to make changes to the parts.  However, when I launch the vehicle and click on the robotics icon, I manage to get the window to appear but it is stuck in the top right of the screen and I am unable to move it because the "click here to drag" portion of the window is off the top of the screen.

I have tried changing the screen resolution and UI scaling but neither seem to have helped.

Please try exiting KSP and deleting the config file in GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Plugins/PluginData/config.xml and then relaunch KSP

Let me know if it does not help.

8 hours ago, boomchacle said:

are you ever going to add a limit lock to the non motorized docker?

It is not possible yet. The parts are uncontrolled, so we don't have any control over their limits in a normal way. With the Joint changes in 1.1 I'll see what I can do in the future versions about that.

Edited by Ziw

1 minute ago, KerbOrbiter said:

Yay! Is it on CKAN already? :rolleyes:

I don't know, it is best to ask CKAN people. We do not handle our definition as it was not made by us. If I remember correctly it points to our github, so theoretically it should work, but I don't use CKAN

46 minutes ago, Ziw said:

Please try exiting KSP and deleting the config file in GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Plugins/PluginData/config.xml and then relaunch KSP

Let me know if it does not help.

Thanks for the quick response!  This worked a charm for then the vehicle is in flight, but unfortunately the window is still no where in sight when in side the VAB.  I'm actually having the same issue with the window the for IR Sequencer mod as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.