1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

13 minutes ago, erbmur said:

Thanks for the quick response!  This worked a charm for then the vehicle is in flight, but unfortunately the window is still no where in sight when in side the VAB.  I'm actually having the same issue with the window the for IR Sequencer mod as well.

What is your resolution in game? 

For Editor window please try going in Edit mode in flight (this should open the editor window). If you can see it there, just reposition it where you like, if you don't see it there, then we need to manually edit the config file unfortunately:

Open the file I mentioned earlier and try different positions for editorWindowPosition (see below, don't change the `z` value)

<vector3 name="editorWindowPosition">
        <x>-400</x>
        <y>160</y>
        <z>625</z>
    </vector3>

I suggest to start with smaller x, and y (like -100 and 100), save and launch KSP.

In the meantime I'll add some checks for widow position on loading to ensure it is always on the screen.

Edited by Ziw

19 minutes ago, Ziw said:

What is your resolution in game? 

For Editor window please try going in Edit mode in flight (this should open the editor window). If you can see it there, just reposition it where you like, if you don't see it there, then we need to manually edit the config file unfortunately:

Open the file I mentioned earlier and try different positions for editorWindowPosition (see below, don't change the `z` value)

<vector3 name="editorWindowPosition">
        <x>-400</x>
        <y>160</y>
        <z>625</z>
    </vector3>

I suggest to start with smaller x, and y (like -100 and 100), save and launch KSP.

In the meantime I'll add some checks for widow position on loading to ensure it is always on the screen.

I'm running at 1920x1080.  Tried a bunch of different values and non seem to work.  The game always seems to want to default to X: -776.96 Y: 370.08.

I guess its something i can live without.  I can do the editing in need in flight as deleting the file seems to have fixed that issue.

56 minutes ago, erbmur said:

I'm running at 1920x1080.  Tried a bunch of different values and non seem to work.  The game always seems to want to default to X: -776.96 Y: 370.08.

I guess its something i can live without.  I can do the editing in need in flight as deleting the file seems to have fixed that issue.

Did you close KSP before editing the file? If you did not, then it just overwrites it constantly.

Just now, Ziw said:

Did you close KSP before editing the file? If you did not, then it just overwrites it constantly.

Yup, close it every time before changing the values and retrying.  It must just be a me thing.  I'll do a fresh install of the game and see if that changes anything

3 minutes ago, erbmur said:

Yup, close it every time before changing the values and retrying.  It must just be a me thing.  I'll do a fresh install of the game and see if that changes anything

Ok, I'll add the clamping to all windows anyway in the next update.

Hmm. Did you fix the IR groups issue(couple pages back there was talk about some group related bug fixed), or is it just me who has problems with groups saving? IR-2.0.0-RC3, same result if i remove other plugins. When saving a craft with IR parts, the groups i place them in wont get saved properly into the .craft file (they get saved with the default groupName = New Group Name names). And in launch some of the groups disappear...

Here is my ksp log and save, just in case: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/av8bnl87h1ir0w8/AAAY75tnmdVIrC7FmG75j7uxa?dl=0

And some pics in case my rambling was not clear: http://imgur.com/a/aa4Rr

Edited by tox1m
typos

20 minutes ago, tox1m said:

Hmm. Did you fix the IR groups issue(couple pages back there was talk about some group related bug fixed), or is it just me who has problems with groups saving? IR-2.0.0-RC3, same result if i remove other plugins. When saving a craft with IR parts, the groups i place them in wont get saved properly into the .craft file (they get saved with the default groupName = New Group Name names). And in launch some of the groups disappear...

Here is my ksp log and save, just in case: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/av8bnl87h1ir0w8/AAAY75tnmdVIrC7FmG75j7uxa?dl=0

And some pics in case my rambling was not clear: http://imgur.com/a/aa4Rr

This was supposed to be fixed in the release, could you please try the latest version: https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.0

19 hours ago, Honeybadga said:

Yeah, I'd be interested in a stream or VOD like this. Although I'd prefer a youtube video.

@Honeybadga Typically on Twitch you are able to view a channel's past videos just like on YouTube (except that I don't think Twitch uses HTML5 like the awesome sites do lol). However, it can be a bit confusing to figure out how to play those old videos (as of the last time I tried to do so, which was probably 5 months ago or so). 

@Ziw Dude, this is such an awesome mod! Thanks for all the great work! I do have one question though - So to clarify, in order to get all the "official" parts/functions of this mod, we need to download I-R-2.0.0-Final-Core, Legacy Parts Pack (from the same page), IRSequencer-1.0-beta3, and v02 Model Rework and Expansion? Or am I mistaken? 

18 minutes ago, blueExcess said:

So to clarify, in order to get all the "official" parts/functions of this mod, we need to download I-R-2.0.0-Final-Core, Legacy Parts Pack (from the same page), IRSequencer-1.0-beta3, and v02 Model Rework and Expansion?

Well it is correct, though I'd wait a little bit on Sequencer, it still needs some work, and you should avoid landing legs and wheels from Zodius pack as they haven't been updated.

I might push the update tonight with the fixes for various small issues people (myself included) encountered.

Thanks! Oops - I forgot to include that bit about the wheels and legs from Zodius in my post - I feel bad that you keep having to mention that haha. I'll keep that in mind about Sequencer as well. 

EDIT: I'm going through and removing the parts that don't work for now and wanted to make sure I'm deleting the correct ones - GameData > MagicSmokeIndustries > Parts > ReWork_Utility > Probe > Wheels > (all), and then back to Probe > Misc > IR_LandingFoot, and then also the entire Probe > Struts > (all) as well?  

Edited by blueExcess
Clarification

1 hour ago, Ziw said:

This was supposed to be fixed in the release, could you please try the latest version: https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.0

Ah i had missed this latest release. I did a quick test with it; seems to save most of the group names, except for the first group(groupName = New Group). Changes made inflight to that first group name does not stick either. Rest of the my groups seemed to keep their names and parts though.

19 minutes ago, blueExcess said:

Thanks! Oops - I forgot to include that bit about the wheels and legs from Zodius in my post - I feel bad that you keep having to mention that haha. I'll keep that in mind about Sequencer as well. 

EDIT: I'm going through and removing the parts that don't work for now and wanted to make sure I'm deleting the correct ones - GameData > MagicSmokeIndustries > Parts > ReWork_Utility > Probe > Wheels > (all), and then back to Probe > Misc > IR_LandingFoot, and then also the entire Probe > Struts > (all) as well?  

Pretty much this.I'll take a look on ActiveStruts later, when I'm done fixing Sequencer.

On 4/15/2016 at 3:27 PM, Ziw said:

Poehali!

Infernal Robotics 2.0 release, built for KSP 1.1 build 1230

REQUIRES CLEAN INSTALL (Delete old MagicSmokeIndustries Folder in your GameData folder)

Legacy Parts are now a separate download. Core of the mod is distributed partless.

This is a beta version for a pre-release version 1.1 of KSP, so there WILL be bugs. Please report bugs and ask questions in this thread.

Download (new link to rc3):  https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.0-rc3

Legacy Parts download: https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.0-beta/IR-LegacyParts.zip

A huge shoutout to @ZodiusInfuser for his help in building and perfecting new UI. Also mad props to @larkvi, @kujuman and @Btsimmons2 for helping out with testing the new UI and IR overall.

I am sorry if this has already been asked but are the reworked parts for this version someplace or are they included in the legacy parts above?

Dude, this info is on this page a couple posts above yours

10 minutes ago, ctbram said:

I am sorry if this has already been asked but are the reworked parts for this version someplace or are they included in the legacy parts above?

Edited by Ziw

1 hour ago, N'Matale Nwakanzagolo said:

Just installed v2.0.0 via CKAN and none of the parts are showing up in both career and sandbox mode. I got the legacy parts from the link above but it would be more seamless if it were all in the one folder. Thanks for the great mod.

They were put as a separate download for a reason. A lot of people (me included) don't use them in favour of Zodius reworked parts, so there is no need to bloat the download package for main mod. We do not maintain our CKAN definition, but you can post in their thread and ask to put Legacy Parts download link as a recommended download for IR.

On 25/04/2016 at 6:34 PM, Ziw said:

Please try exiting KSP and deleting the config file in GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Plugins/PluginData/config.xml and then relaunch KSP

Let me know if it does not help.

I too had a problem where in the VAB only the lower-right portion of the IR window would show with no way to drag into view.  In flight, clicking the toolbar button did not appear to work at all although I now assume it was just off screen somewhere.

Deleting the config file worked

1 hour ago, smj said:

I too had a problem where in the VAB only the lower-right portion of the IR window would show with no way to drag into view.  In flight, clicking the toolbar button did not appear to work at all although I now assume it was just off screen somewhere.

Deleting the config file worked

We'll release a new version that includes a fix for situations like that with the 1.1.1 KSP release

Will the final 1.1 release finally address this problem many are having with thier parts?

screenshot2.png

even stock IR  parts are guilty of doing this as well. Something to do with IR not xyz'ing  the part locations correctly when reloading a save. 

24 minutes ago, SargentSweets said:

Having an issue with the editor menu UI i this to large and up in a corner, here is a screenshot how do i go about editing the size? http://imgur.com/yiNAd54

Delete the GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Plugins/PluginData/config.xml

29 minutes ago, lextacy said:

Will the final 1.1 release finally address this problem many are having with thier parts?

screenshot2.png

even stock IR  parts are guilty of doing this as well. Something to do with IR not xyz'ing  the part locations correctly when reloading a save. 

Is it TweakScaled? Did you dock with robotic arm?

Edited by Ziw

7 hours ago, FoX57 said:

could i get a copy of the space station craft file plz :) i cant seem to get the rotating bearing to work right it just shakes my ship apart wanted to tweak a bit using your config 

bearing rotatron is a bit tricky, you should read the Zodius rework thread on how to properly attach it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.