1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

Just now, TampaPowers said:

I have similar issues with building a forklift to stack parts onto one another, I guess docking ruins it all. Is there no way to set an initial state and then force return to that?

show me your craft, and the same question - do you tweakscale IR parts?

4 minutes ago, TampaPowers said:

I don't have tweakscale installed at all, never had. This is what I made I can dock parts and dock them to the stations, but when I undock the rover the cylinders go out of alignment when I move the hinges.

I see, you blatantly ignored the BIG RED WARNING in the OP. :)

Never attach docking ports to IR parts directly. You may get away with a small empty fuel tank between IR part and the docking port, but it depends on the craft. You should at least try.

Alternatively use the Magnet part from KAS, it works

Edited by Ziw

So I found that the the rotation parts sometimes disappear when in a fairing.  It is hard to replicate and I cannot figure out what triggers it.  I think it might have to do with having other parts attached to it.  If you look at these pictures http://imgur.com/a/64klA you will see that there are two floating joints, you will see that the IR Rotation pieces are missing in flight.  It seems to only occur when they were within a fairing because I can launch the same ship without the fairing and the parts will still be there.

When testing this bug I found another where the camera will leave focus on the ship as seen in this picture.  MxB6pnp.jpg this seems to happen only when rotating parts are present and it happens at 6000m every time, and seems to get further away gradually but sometimes with big jumps every 6000m.

This is ksp 1.1.0.1230 x64  Win 10

Edited by artemisrain

16 hours ago, Ziw said:

Delete the GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Plugins/PluginData/config.xml

Is it TweakScaled? Did you dock with robotic arm?

nope and nope!  I built it fresh using KIS/KAS . I then saved, played other vessels, and then came back to ISS and the arm is all warped and separated. 

8 hours ago, lextacy said:

nope and nope!  I built it fresh using KIS/KAS . I then saved, played other vessels, and then came back to ISS and the arm is all warped and separated. 

Ok, so this arm was built using KIS? You do understand this is a very fringe case that was not tested? Did it ever work for you in previous versions of IR?

26 minutes ago, boomchacle said:

Is this bug happening to anyone else:  on bilateral symmetry, robotic parts don't work?

It is known issue with uncontrolled parts in mirror symmetry. Normal parts do work. If it is not the case for you at least post a picture of a craft and ideally also a link to a log file.

17 hours ago, artemisrain said:

So I found that the the rotation parts sometimes disappear when in a fairing.  It is hard to replicate and I cannot figure out what triggers it.  I think it might have to do with having other parts attached to it.  If you look at these pictures http://imgur.com/a/64klA you will see that there are two floating joints, you will see that the IR Rotation pieces are missing in flight.  It seems to only occur when they were within a fairing because I can launch the same ship without the fairing and the parts will still be there.

When testing this bug I found another where the camera will leave focus on the ship as seen in this picture.  MxB6pnp.jpg this seems to happen only when rotating parts are present and it happens at 6000m every time, and seems to get further away gradually but sometimes with big jumps every 6000m.

This is ksp 1.1.0.1230 x64  Win 10

I will not be able to test this in several days, will revert re: this bug next week

Hi, I don't know which thread to post this in (So tell me if I need to post it in the BDArmory thread as well)- but I'm having issues with the rotatotron and BDArmory where attempting to use the rotatotron with a BDArmory part attached anywhere on what the rotatotron is connected to will cause it to not rotate along the right axis and tilt slightly from side to side. I'm using the 1.1 versions of both mods on 64 bit. Tell me if you need more details.

4 hours ago, Nommykins said:

Hi, I don't know which thread to post this in (So tell me if I need to post it in the BDArmory thread as well)- but I'm having issues with the rotatotron and BDArmory where attempting to use the rotatotron with a BDArmory part attached anywhere on what the rotatotron is connected to will cause it to not rotate along the right axis and tilt slightly from side to side. I'm using the 1.1 versions of both mods on 64 bit. Tell me if you need more details.

A closeup picture or 2 would help, it seems you've attached it incorrectly

8 hours ago, Ziw said:

A closeup picture or 2 would help, it seems you've attached it incorrectly

It was radially attached in the editor with the structural plate being attached by node. I've discovered it appears to only be an issue with the howitzer, as the chain gun rotates fine on the turret.

Hmm it might be an issue with an incorrect node on the legacy rotatron. Could you please try using Rotatron from reworked parts by Zodius (there is a link in the OP) or try surface attaching the rotating part

33 minutes ago, Nommykins said:

as radially attached in the editor with the structural plate being attached by node. I've discovered it appears to only be an issue with the howitzer, as the chain gun rotates fine on the turret.

1 minute ago, Ziw said:

Hmm it might be an issue with an incorrect node on the legacy rotatron. Could you please try using Rotatron from reworked parts by Zodius (there is a link in the OP) or try surface attaching the rotating part

Sure thing, I thought the reworked models weren't functioning yet, glad to know some of them are. I'll get details back ASAP.

1 minute ago, Nommykins said:

Sure thing, I thought the reworked models weren't functioning yet, glad to know some of them are. I'll get details back ASAP.

Only legs/wheels and exotic parts (struts, surface sampler and etc)  have issues, everything else works

Edited by Ziw

1 minute ago, Daveroski said:

Would you say that this mod is ready to be used in my new career?

We are very careful here about backwards compatibility, so I'd say yes. Just avoid known issues and you'll be fine. I do recommend using Zodius parts where you can, as they are most likely to get updates in the future

To all: I hope to get my hands on 1.1.2 on Tuesday, so we should push the new version with a lot of fixes sometime next week.

31 minutes ago, Ziw said:

Only legs/wheels and exotic parts (struts, surface sampler and etc)  have issues, everything else works

Still no luck, the bearing rotatotrons make it worse and the regular ones are a bit less, but still no rotation is possible.

@Nommykins I dont have access to KSP for couple days, but if you post your craft here, someone else might be able to help you. The part itself seems to work, it is just jammed by something that is attached to the main body.

19 minutes ago, Ziw said:

@Nommykins I dont have access to KSP for couple days, but if you post your craft here, someone else might be able to help you. The part itself seems to work, it is just jammed by something that is attached to the main body.

Could it be the new invisible struts 1.1.1 adds between wheels and the largest part of the vessel? If you are using 1.1.1/2 try removing the wheels and see if the problem still occurs.

2 hours ago, ZodiusInfuser said:

Could it be the new invisible struts 1.1.1 adds between wheels and the largest part of the vessel? If you are using 1.1.1/2 try removing the wheels and see if the problem still occurs.

Yep, that's the issue. Is it the largest or most massive? Because if the latter, I could just add a 1.5t part in the base- if the largest, I don't know what part would fit in the base that's larger.

EDIT: I fixed it, just added a fuel tank in the hull, now the turret rotates fine. Thanks for the help, guys!

Edited by Nommykins
Fixed issue

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.