1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

8 minutes ago, DonKalypso said:

Indeed I did, then. I apologize.

Thank you for the swift reply.

There is no need to apologize at all :) 

You tried to help and I thank you for that. BTW I suggest you grab that repack of Zodius parts I posted in his thread (check my signature)

Edited by Ziw

1 hour ago, DonKalypso said:

Tried out the part pack you suggested, and while the leaps aren't as powerful as they were before, the vessel is still flipped over.

Tried looking at the debug menu, but I'm not certain if it is too helpful.

Think I'll wait on resuming my particular rover centric experiments until the issue is fixed.

The wheels are not included in my pack for a reason (they need much more than a simple cfg fix). 

49 minutes ago, WildLynx said:

Was digging KSP.log to catch something edible and found this:

[LOG 23:31:25.055] PartLoader: Compiling Part 'MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Legacy/IR_Gantry/partVariant/GantryLargeScaleableVariant'
[ERR 23:31:25.070] Invalid float value! Field electricChargeRequired, value 0.5,1.0,2.0 on object of type InfernalRobotics.Module.MuMechToggle

And the main reason I was parsing that file:

[ERR 23:33:30.182] [Toolbar] [ERROR] button texture not found: MagicSmokeIndustries/blizzy_icon

Blizzy toolbar shos IR icon as solid pink, and I was looking for a error that causes it.

oops, the icon somehow slipped through the cracks

Will reupload the zip file on github and update the Curse zip later when we release 2.0.3

Edit: reuploaded the 2.0.2 on github, now it contains the icon

Edited by Ziw

Apologies folks, but I am legit a little dense.  I read the OP, I read through the last few pages of this thread, and I did a keyword search through the thread for "legacy."  I'm not entirely clear on what is in the Legacy Parts download and what's in the main download.  I see in the OP there's the rework video... are there parts that haven't been reworked yet, or won't ever be reworked, or...?

As in, could the OP be updated with actual lists and / or imgur pics of parts in each?  (Possibly concealed by spoiler tags, of course.)

2 hours ago, MisterFister said:

Apologies folks, but I am legit a little dense.  I read the OP, I read through the last few pages of this thread, and I did a keyword search through the thread for "legacy."  I'm not entirely clear on what is in the Legacy Parts download and what's in the main download.  I see in the OP there's the rework video... are there parts that haven't been reworked yet, or won't ever be reworked, or...?

As in, could the OP be updated with actual lists and / or imgur pics of parts in each?  (Possibly concealed by spoiler tags, of course.)

Our Full zip includes old (dark) parts, and reworked parts by Zodius (white) could be found in the last link on my signature.

4 minutes ago, boomchacle said:

can someone help me? I use infernal robotics for at least half of my crafts and whenever I use bilateral symmetry, each half goes in the opposite direction with action groups.

You mean moving with action groups differs from moving using UI? You know you can invert movement direction on a per servo basis?

Just now, Ziw said:

You mean moving with action groups differs from moving using UI? You know you can invert movement direction on a per servo basis?

really? how?

1 minute ago, Ziw said:

nvm I see it

On 5/6/2016 at 9:49 AM, Ziw said:

@kujuman or anyone else experiencing wheel jitter - please try this dll (replace your existing InfernalRobotics.dll with this one), it uses a different approach for auto-strut removal and re-creation.

https://mega.nz/#!ud1jRCaR!bwnIRog24Hc-PUOrhvN8bTB6o0RK37E4antzMnuTdgM

Alternatively - post a craft file here, so I can test it myself

This version seemed to fix the issue for me. I can still upload the previously troublesome craft if you'd like.

1 hour ago, kujuman said:

This version seemed to fix the issue for me. I can still upload the previously troublesome craft if you'd like.

Good, will post an update with this fix then.

The quote got messed up . . . this was originally about the weak legs during physics warp.

Quantum struts solved that problem.  Plus I switched to just using the legs to keep the craft from falling over. 

I ran into a different problem though.  I left the game one evening, when I loaded it the next, the landing gear parts had collapsed in one dimension (x or y?), the hinges were disassembled, and if I tried to articulate them they rotated from the center, not the ends.  The first time I loaded the game the part of the hinges attached to the craft were still there, but on my second load (this morning, to take screen shots) those had vanished (probably inside the ship now).  This is with version 2.0.1.

In the VAB (legs extended):

26847192021_37579c7b3f_b.jpg

What it looked like on the last load (legs weren't extended -- I should get a better pair of screen shots, but no time right now):

26847187311_c4ce930316.jpg

Edited by Markarian421
wrong quote

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

I got some issues posted there, some of the problems could be related to this mod, too:

First one (re Coroutine) should be fixed in the next update. Second one (re assets loaded) - I need more details. Does the IR UI work with those messages? Do you have Sequencer installed?

1 hour ago, Markarian421 said:

The quote got messed up . . . this was originally about the weak legs during physics warp.

Quantum struts solved that problem.  Plus I switched to just using the legs to keep the craft from falling over. 

I ran into a different problem though.  I left the game one evening, when I loaded it the next, the landing gear parts had collapsed in one dimension (x or y?), the hinges were disassembled, and if I tried to articulate them they rotated from the center, not the ends.  The first time I loaded the game the part of the hinges attached to the craft were still there, but on my second load (this morning, to take screen shots) those had vanished (probably inside the ship now).  This is with version 2.0.1.

In the VAB (legs extended):

26847192021_37579c7b3f_b.jpg

What it looked like on the last load (legs weren't extended -- I should get a better pair of screen shots, but no time right now):

26847187311_c4ce930316.jpg

I need more info. Some better screenshots and a log as well. Alternatively give me the craft file and reproduction steps.

40 minutes ago, HardZiin03 said:

Hello, you can call me Hardziin. I installed this mod and I'm having a little problem, when I try to move some robotic part, it simply does not move. I've tried everything, but I can not move any part of the mod.

Hi, as we discussed on YT, I'll need a screenshot of your craft, and a log (KSP.log file is right next to KSP.exe)

6 minutes ago, HardZiin03 said:

Thank you hahaahah

Did you see the log ?

It is downloading. Next time - zip it please, because it is a text file, it will compress like 20x 

2 minutes ago, HardZiin03 said:

Ok, sorry

While I'm at it - can you make those 2 screenshots from VAB that I asked? A closeup of the moving part and fully extended position

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.