1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

Ok, you should opt-out of beta and get the latest version of KSP (1.1.2) first

because the first line on your log is 

Kerbal Space Program - 1.1.0.1183 (WindowsPlayer)-pre

Also if you want to use Zodius's reworked parts, grab a repack from the last link in my signature (below) - it also contains an updated versions of IRSurfaceSampler and ActiveStruts

1 minute ago, HardZiin03 said:

I need to install the version 1.1.2  or i can install 1.1 (not pre-release version) ???

Why would you want to install 1.1 when you can install 1.1.2?

Hello, I just installed Infernal robotics on CKAN. I installed the regular Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics first, then I realized that it didn't seem to add any parts! It added the tab, but not the parts. I then installed the Legacy Parts, and that worked fine. I would like to have the new parts though, because they look cool. Am I doing something wrong?

10 hours ago, Ziw said:

I need more info. Some better screenshots and a log as well. Alternatively give me the craft file and reproduction steps

I sent you a link to the log.  I'll try to get better screenshots.  I'm not sure how to reproduce it yet -- the ship was in orbit around the sun, I exited the game, then next time I opened it, the parts were reconfigured.

Edit: before and after screen shots

26652643140_405586eacf_o.png

Edited by Markarian421
Add screenshot

Can you save 1 leg as a subassembly and try it in Stock+IR+HyperEdit install on a simpler craft?

I'll try to reconstruct on my end, though you might do it faster.

EDIT: could not reproduce so far with the same legs attached to Cupola and hyperedited to a Sun orbit, it might be some weird mod interaction, that is why I wanted to see the full log.

Edited by Ziw

7 hours ago, Ziw said:

EDIT: could not reproduce so far with the same legs attached to Cupola and hyperedited to a Sun orbit, it might be some weird mod interaction, that is why I wanted to see the full log.

I sent another log, and I'll update the Zodius rework pack.  The only time I see it is when I exit the game and then come back in, then the legs are rearranged.

5 hours ago, Markarian421 said:

I updated the plugins and so far I've been unable to reproduce the problem.  I also don't see the mechjeb error you'd noticed in the log.  I'll let you know if the problem turns up again.  Thanks for the help.

Good to know, thank you. 

Is there an upper limit to how many controls you can have in flight mode? If I add more than X number in the editor or edit mode in world a random number will  disappear.

http://imgur.com/a/06JZ2

I run a bunch of mods and just checking in to see if it's an issue with IR or something I have is interfering with IR.

4 minutes ago, Glorious Dear Leader said:

Is there an upper limit to how many controls you can have in flight mode? If I add more than X number in the editor or edit mode in world a random number will  disappear.

http://imgur.com/a/06JZ2

I run a bunch of mods and just checking in to see if it's an issue with IR or something I have is interfering with IR.

It looks like you are using an old version of the mod. Can you make sure you are using latest version (2.0.2) of Infernal Robotics?

If you are using i, then I need a log file from a game where you create a bunch of groups and then go to flight mode.

Hi. I did have 2.0.1. I downloaded 2.0.2, deleted old IR and install new. The problem persisted.

Here's the log. http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=49913840113180785233

Made test ship with 12 groups. Loaded into world and all but 2 groups are missing in flight mode. Trying to add groups in inworld edit mode makes no change. Upon going back into VAB the servos from the dropped groups end up all stacked into one of the remaining groups. I left the ship on the pad and exited game.

Edited by Glorious Dear Leader

14 minutes ago, Glorious Dear Leader said:

Hi. I did have 2.0.1. I downloaded 2.0.2, deleted old IR and install new. The problem persisted.

Here's the log. http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=49913840113180785233

Made test ship with 12 groups. Loaded into world and all but 2 groups are missing in flight mode. Trying to add groups in inworld edit mode makes no change. Upon going back into VAB the servos from the dropped groups end up all stacked into one of the remaining groups.

This log is incomplete, could you please try Zip'ing it and upload it again?

EDIT: Nevermind, I can reproduce it. But I'm puzzled how is this still a thing after it was fixed earlier.

Edited by Ziw

6 minutes ago, Glorious Dear Leader said:

No doubt I reached out and broke your source code. Never underestimate my capacity to break perfectly working things.

Hmm, I've actually found a way to reproduce it in 0.21.4 and KSP 1.0.5, so it is not a new bug unfortunately. I don't know how everyone missed that before.

Will post a fix soon. As a workaround for now - when you create a new group - rename it before putting any servos inside.

Hello,

I have downloaded the mod and checked version compatibility and everything seems in order. I had the model rework that i deleted because the mod did not seem to work.

I made a test vehicle consisting in command pod, batteries (the 4000 capacity ones) and an unobstructed piston.

I tried using the command panel and the key binding to make it move but i did not succeeded. The EC draw of the psiton is null even when ordering movement and the arrow activity sign is showing up.

What can i do ?

thank you in advance 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.