1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

UPDATE: Ok, I found the "problem" for some reason ( maybe stability anti exploding? :) ) the parts start locked when building with KIS, unlocked them and all worked

Hello, quick question that I could not find, is it possible to build IR things with KIS ? I can assemble them quite nice edit the groups , make new group, but when I click the arrow to make parts move , nothing happen, no EC consumed no sounds. Things built in the VAB works perfectly.

Is this a known bug? if not I'll provide all info, logs and reproduction steps. I have made a little video to show:

Thanks

Edited by brusura

Update on my IR part drift issue.

I did some further testing and determined that it is a mod conflict with IR robotics that is causing the part drifting issue after time warp as mentioned in page 51. I deleted all mods except hyperedit and IR robotics and there was no drifting issue. But when I ran my 50+ mods, the drifting started again after time warp. Now, the next step is to determine what mod is causing the robotic parts to drift out of alignment.

Anyone have any advice on how to test conflicting mods out of 50 or so mods without restarting the game 100 or so times?

7 hours ago, Insanitic said:

Update on my IR part drift issue.

I did some further testing and determined that it is a mod conflict with IR robotics that is causing the part drifting issue after time warp as mentioned in page 51. I deleted all mods except hyperedit and IR robotics and there was no drifting issue. But when I ran my 50+ mods, the drifting started again after time warp. Now, the next step is to determine what mod is causing the robotic parts to drift out of alignment.

Anyone have any advice on how to test conflicting mods out of 50 or so mods without restarting the game 100 or so times?

You can leave part only mods in place (mods without dll), they should not affect anything. 

I'd start with TweakScale and similar mods (MFT, ProceduralParts) - they are the most likely suspects.

7 hours ago, brusura said:

UPDATE: Ok, I found the "problem" for some reason ( maybe stability anti exploding? :) ) the parts start locked when building with KIS, unlocked them and all worked

This is due to the fact, that when KIS spawns an IR part - it has no parent until you attach it. In this situation IR plugin goes into "safe" mode.

58 minutes ago, Kram45 said:

I've been wanting to use an arm on my station for a while but this happens every time i get it on to the station. 

GHaD9x5.pngvTh7UTd.png

Your arm is assembled incorrectly. Yellow arrows on the parts indicate the fixed half, the half of the part that IR considers the anchor point. Your hinges are assembled in reverse.

23 minutes ago, Ziw said:

Your arm is assembled incorrectly. Yellow arrows on the parts indicate the fixed half, the half of the part that IR considers the anchor point. Your hinges are assembled in reverse.

Silly me! thanks man

I'd like to help on the missing SPH UI issue, as I solved it for not just IR but BDArmory's UI as well. The culprit for me was ModCategorizer (foldername: WildBueIndustries). Removing it brings back the UI.

Also, can there be an uncontrolled rail? Like a gantry but uncontrolled. I'm trying to make a arrestor system and I can't figure out how this guy did it

Edited by Supergamervictor

I've just attempted to install IR with MSI's rework. I'm doing a science only save file, and I can see many of the parts in the tech tree, some of which should be unlocked. All the structural stuff is available in VAB, like the robotrusses and whatnot, I also see the utilitron grabber under utility, however no robotics tab appears and the actual robotics parts are nowhere to be found.

9 hours ago, SkippydaHippie said:

I've just attempted to install IR with MSI's rework. I'm doing a science only save file, and I can see many of the parts in the tech tree, some of which should be unlocked. All the structural stuff is available in VAB, like the robotrusses and whatnot, I also see the utilitron grabber under utility, however no robotics tab appears and the actual robotics parts are nowhere to be found.

It means IR plugin is not installed correctly. Post a screenshot of your GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries folder

2 hours ago, Ziw said:

It means IR plugin is not installed correctly. Post a screenshot of your GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries folder

CWL8Igs.png?1

I figured I had done something wrong, that's how it always goes... Thanks for getting back to me, here's the screen

10 hours ago, SkippydaHippie said:

CWL8Igs.png?1

I figured I had done something wrong, that's how it always goes... Thanks for getting back to me, here's the screen

Is the InfernalRobotics.dll inside Plugins folder?

If yes, then I'll need your KSP.log to see what the problem is

2 minutes ago, Ziw said:

Is the InfernalRobotics.dll inside Plugins folder?

If yes, then I'll need your KSP.log to see what the problem is

It is not, there is a config file there but that is all. I actually can't find InfernalRobotics.dll anywhere..

is there a way to increase the rigidness of the robotics parts.

currently trying to move around a pretty heavy load and as you can see at the arrows. http://prntscr.com/blaah0 there is a huge stress on them.

i have already been messing around with the part files.  but the default setting of the "springyness"  jointSpring = 0   is already zero.   i set the dampning to 100

but it's still unmanageable. 

what does joint spring do exactly?   (ps the stress makes it work like a rubber band.  if i were to turn gravity off it would launch the load into the air) 

adding struts does not work because it makes the part immobile

3 hours ago, darkracer125 said:

currently trying to move around a pretty heavy load and as you can see at the arrows. http://prntscr.com/blaah0 there is a huge stress on them.

i have already been messing around with the part files.  but the default setting of the "springyness"  jointSpring = 0   is already zero.   i set the dampning to 100

what does joint spring do exactly?   (ps the stress makes it work like a rubber band.  if i were to turn gravity off it would launch the load into the air) 

Have you tried with KJR ? It strenght out all joints (usefull for all crafts), not only IR joints. I highly recommend to try it, if you didn't already.

10 hours ago, darkracer125 said:

6 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Have you tried with KJR ? It strenght out all joints (usefull for all crafts), not only IR joints. I highly recommend to try it, if you didn't already.

I actually have the same question, though I've not tried hardening the joint yet. 

I'm working on a B-1b, which at the wing joint has an absolutely BEASTLY revolute joint.   I'm using a foldatron for the part, and it works amazingly.  However, under wing loading in KSP, the part's point of contact with the wing base is stressed massively, resulting in a highly unstable wing that wobbles under minor G loading.  (We're talking, wobbly, 25 degree upwards bending of the sweep-wings when under takeoff loads.)  I'd like to harden the joint without invoking KJR universal joint stiffening.

7 hours ago, AdmiralTigerclaw said:

I'm working on a B-1b, which at the wing joint has an absolutely BEASTLY revolute joint.   I'm using a foldatron for the part, and it works amazingly.  However, under wing loading in KSP, the part's point of contact with the wing base is stressed massively, resulting in a highly unstable wing that wobbles under minor G loading.  (We're talking, wobbly, 25 degree upwards bending of the sweep-wings when under takeoff loads.)  I'd like to harden the joint without invoking KJR universal joint stiffening.

Try using uncontrolled docking washer as a pivot point and drive it through extendatron/slider. This combo was reported to work for sweeping wings.

I've got it working with a pivotron, but man, it sees the internal joint of the servo as a springy joint.

EDIT: (And I've wandered into the active-strut bits.  Playing around with them.)

EDIT2: (And DO NOT under any circumstances change the strut enforcement while under flight load.  My aircraft disintegrated so hard the remains that crashed into the runway obliterated the runway segment it hit.)

Edited by AdmiralTigerclaw

@AdmiralTigerclaw. @varsass have inspired me to do similar system as he showed in this post.

Here is first solution, based on his post.

After adopting of his tips, I come to even better solution:

And attemt to create heavy craft with foldable wings leaded to even more simple and stronger solution, although, doing this on extremly heavy craft is still not good idea.
But something for up to 60t craft is feasible.

You can find more info in KCS Space Planes Craft Repository thread and link for download craft examples and subassemblies for foldable wings, ready to be used.

Edited by kcs123
found typo

So I'm building the ISS, yes I know, it's not very original.

But I try to do it just like how it really happened. And that means with a lot of robotic arm work.

Here a some results. I the speed of the arm to 0.1 and the acc to 0.5. This will prevent wobble.

I'll upload more if you guys like it.

And sorry for the bad English

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.