1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

i have a problem. i use KSP 1.1 and i keep instaling the mod but is not working . it works fine in the asembly line but on the lunch pad it dosent work . i tried everything ... can someone please help me ? i really want to use this mod..

10 minutes ago, DifNine said:

i have a problem. i use KSP 1.1 and i keep instaling the mod but is not working . it works fine in the asembly line but on the lunch pad it dosent work . i tried everything ... can someone please help me ? i really want to use this mod..

Update your KSP or use older version of the mod

i know docks will make my like miserable, as is very first post lol .. but im yet unsure if thats a known bug

when i link parts that are docked it unlinks the KIS/KAS linked part (i thaught of docking it at the tail will stenghen them give the load a stability .. at least that was the idea of this rocket)

IRlinkingfca76.png

Edited by LatiMacciato

7 hours ago, LatiMacciato said:

i know docks will make my like miserable, as is very first post lol .. but im yet unsure if thats a known bug

when i link parts that are docked it unlinks the KIS/KAS linked part (i thaught of docking it at the tail will stenghen them give the load a stability .. at least that was the idea of this rocket)

IRlinkingfca76.png

That looks awesome

20 minutes ago, Sandriell said:

Upgraded from Infernal Robotics 2.0.4 to 2.0.5 and this happened:

Had to downgrade and go back to an older save in order to fix the ship back to how it is supposed to be.

There were NO code changes in 2.0.5 compared to 2.0.4, it was just a recompile, so your issue most likely lies somewhere else. 

On 7/8/2016 at 3:44 PM, FoX57 said:

sw35oer.png

a>ok i tried it with the stock parts 2 as you can see but the stock parts are the +size version but the ir station parts are unaltered except for the node fix but i haven't messed with it sence the new .5 patch maybe its fixed , now its just a hassle getting a huge station in orbit to have it non-violently break up lol more fun if it was extravagant failure

Man I love this mod but it can be murder to work with. It ditches my settings constantly.. forgetting group names, reversing directions between VAB and launch, ignoring presets, you name it. Does anyone else have any experience with/workarounds for these types of issues?

I posted this under general gameplay questions:

Hi,

I have a problem: I wanted to build an MK3 Cargo bay as part of my bigger ship and inside a lander (Pod, Tank, Poodle, etc.) with a docking port on its nose that is docked to another docking port which in turn is connected to the Cargo bay by an Infernal Robotics Arm. So the Idea was that I would not have to fly in and out of the Cargo bay, instead the arm would swing the Docking Port (incl. Lander) out of the Cargo bay into a 90° angle, which would make it much easier (and cooler looking) to dock and un-dock that little "captains barge". But as it turns out, the connection Arm -> Docking Port has absolutely no stabilizing effect. It is just a point connection and the Lander pivots around it. Just swinging which ever way it pleases. The docking port stays firmly attached to the arm, but only in the one point it freely pivots around.

So the Question is: Is there any way (or mod) which would make this work ? Because a) its freakin' cool and b) I foresee a bunch of explosions and dead Kerbonauts in the near future if i have to maneuver in and out of that tight cargo bay.

P.S.: I am aware that i could stabilize the Lander with struts but that would defeat the purpose of it leaving and returning(!) to the main vessel. Also i do have the mod (Kerbal Joint Reinforcements) installed that supposedly reinforces joints but its not helping here. In fact there doesn't seem to be any kind of stress on the joint at all. It doesn't even try to keep the docking port in place.

So while this more general question is hopefully answered elsewhere, what I want to ask in this thread specifically is: How exactly are those Robot Parts supposed to work, if they can't keep whatever is attached to them steady ? Am i missing something here ?

Here is a screenshot of what it should do. Only it doesn't do it instead it swings the lander around like a wrecking ball. The movement of the arm works flawlessly but the Docking port swings freely around that "one point connection" with the folding arm.

Zta4nVn.jpg

Edited by John Kermin

4 hours ago, John Kermin said:

How exactly are those Robot Parts supposed to work, if they can't keep whatever is attached to them steady ? Am i missing something here ?

Here is a screenshot of what it should do. Only it doesn't do it instead it swings the lander around like a wrecking ball. The movement of the arm works flawlessly but the Docking port swings freely around that "one point connection" with the folding arm.

That is more issue with stock game than IR parts. I usualy use KJR to strengthen out joints. I never encountered any issue with KJR even when I'm not using IR mod, so I can only highly recommend it. Furthermore, if KJR is not enough to prevent woobling, you can secure cargo better with active struts. Every responsible pilot or driver secure their cargo, why you shoulds not do the same ?

Put some active struts inside cargo bay, once you have placed payload, activate active struts. Those can be used in "linked" way to connect two specific points, or use straight attach to attach first part that encounter in straight line.

On the last note, you should place some other part between IR part and dock port. empty 100 LFO tank or some adapter will work. Just to calm down kraken.

Hi, great mod! But I'm having some trouble with it. I don't know if there's a fix for this (I've been googling and searching this thread and can't find any instance of this happening to anyone else, I'd imagine it has happened but I can't find any specific bug reports) but when I switch back or load a vessel with IR parts all of the movable parts start wobbling uncontrollably and after 15 seconds everything breaks off. I've lost a bunch of stations like this and can't figure out what the problem is.

Any help greatly appreciated!

16 minutes ago, nachomaiz said:

Hi, great mod! But I'm having some trouble with it. I don't know if there's a fix for this (I've been googling and searching this thread and can't find any instance of this happening to anyone else, I'd imagine it has happened but I can't find any specific bug reports) but when I switch back or load a vessel with IR parts all of the movable parts start wobbling uncontrollably and after 15 seconds everything breaks off. I've lost a bunch of stations like this and can't figure out what the problem is.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Clipping through IR parts and having docking ports attached directly to IR parts seem to cause some fun glitches.

8 hours ago, kcs123 said:

That is more issue with stock game than IR parts. I usualy use KJR to strengthen out joints. I never encountered any issue with KJR even when I'm not using IR mod, so I can only highly recommend it. Furthermore, if KJR is not enough to prevent woobling, you can secure cargo better with active struts. Every responsible pilot or driver secure their cargo, why you shoulds not do the same ?

Put some active struts inside cargo bay, once you have placed payload, activate active struts. Those can be used in "linked" way to connect two specific points, or use straight attach to attach first part that encounter in straight line.

On the last note, you should place some other part between IR part and dock port. empty 100 LFO tank or some adapter will work. Just to calm down kraken.

While all of these sound like very helpful tips, sadly none of them made any difference:

M90loNb.jpg

As you can see, not only swings it freely it also distends quite a bit from the joint. That is with KJR and as you can see i put parts between IR and the docking port. Active struts sound amazin, only they dont help with something like that because I can only activate them when/if/as long as the part is inside the cargo bay. Now admittedly this is at full Kerbin gravity but it just shows the problem. If it would work correctly the joint would at least try to lift the Lander and then break.

Since it is obviously bugged, is there any other known way i can accomplish the goal (move the Lander in and out of the Cargo bay for Start/Docking) that would work as intended ?

Edited by John Kermin

2 hours ago, Cerberus738 said:

Clipping through IR parts and having docking ports attached directly to IR parts seem to cause some fun glitches.

Thanks for the advice. I tested it again, but they are not clipped, attached to any docking port, attached to any tweakscaled or procedural parts or anything. There are docking ports, but they are attached to other places. The sequence of parts is:

Parent: Cupola

Central part: Extra Large Rockomax Hub

(and then extending outwards)

1: Robodapter- 0.625 to Truss Pro

1: Joint Pivotron, half basic (fully deployed, unlocked)

2: RoboTruss Pro 2.5m

3: Hinge Pivotron, basic (fully deployed, unlocked)

4: RoboTruss Pro 5m

Attached radially to the 5m trusses are 4 Gigantor solar panels. They are originally placed perpendicularly and without using any clipping, but after loading, they start wobbling as well as the trusses (mostly, the first joint doesn't wobble, then the next one does). Due to the stresses and the random momentum, the station starts rotating and eventually all the solar panels and the outer trusses either explode or break away.

Please help! Sidfrid is getting mad and disillusioned.

Hello,
I thought a "gimbal dock" for tow would be welcome in this mod

In the manner of a Grappling Device but with a docking port

(not knowing the same to me I post here my idea)
thanks

Sorry for my english bye

Edited by palmeza
explanation

My UI assets file is not loading. I traced the execution via logging to this:

using (WWW www = WWW.LoadFromCacheOrDownload(location, 1))
            {
                yield return www;
                IRAssetBundle = www.assetBundle;

The location is:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program 1.1.3 - Project Ares/GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Plugins/../AssetBundles/ir_ui_objects.ksp

I confirmed that the location does point to the asset bundle it wants; the one from the mod ZIP.

This line gets called: yield return www;
But this line is never called: IRAssetBundle = www.assetBundle;
It stops on the 'yield return' and never continues, so the entire mod fails as there are no UI elements ready to show anywhere else.

In fact the lack of UI elements generates a number of exceptions, which suggests there's a race condition, but first things first... any idea why this bundle does not load?

35 minutes ago, Felbourn said:

My UI assets file is not loading. I traced the execution via logging to this:

using (WWW www = WWW.LoadFromCacheOrDownload(location, 1))
            {
                yield return www;
                IRAssetBundle = www.assetBundle;

The location is:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program 1.1.3 - Project Ares/GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Plugins/../AssetBundles/ir_ui_objects.ksp

I confirmed that the location does point to the asset bundle it wants; the one from the mod ZIP.

This line gets called: yield return www;
But this line is never called: IRAssetBundle = www.assetBundle;
It stops on the 'yield return' and never continues, so the entire mod fails as there are no UI elements ready to show anywhere else.

In fact the lack of UI elements generates a number of exceptions, which suggests there's a race condition, but first things first... any idea why this bundle does not load?

What version of IR are you using. Do you also use IR Sequencer?

I used https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.5 final-full on a 1.1.3 installation.

I did not try installing any other IR things yet, so no Sequencer until this works on its own first.

Out of curiosity (since I don't know a lot about asset bundle loading) I tried it without the cache by changing the line to this but it still doesn't work:

using (WWW www = new WWW(location))

Edited by Felbourn

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.