1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

4 minutes ago, Felbourn said:

I used https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.5 final-full on a 1.1.3 installation.

I did not try installing any other IR things yet, so no Sequencer until this works on its own first.

Out of curiosity (since I don't know a lot about asset bundle loading) I tried it without the cache by changing the line to this but it still doesn't work:

using (WWW www = new WWW(location))

Upload your KSP.log for me to take a look.

I'm at work now. That's at home. I can later.

Note: I added a TON of extra logging to track this down. In the process I also read all your log messages (both ones I am getting in my own LOG and ones I am not). I can almost guarantee the log has nothing useful. There are no unexpected exceptions, warnings, or even info lines about IR. Things look normal until it goes to load the bundle, and then that coroutine hangs. That hang eventually leads to VAB errors as things attempt to use those unloaded assets and some pointers are still null. So those exceptions are expected.

One thing I plan to try once home is attempt a synchronous load of the bundle and skip the coroutine entirely. If that fails we know it's the assets. If not, we know it's the couroutine.

Edited by Felbourn

Just now, Felbourn said:

I'm at work now. That's at home. I can later.

Note: I added a TON of extra logging to track this down. In the process I also read all your logs messages both ones I am getting in my own LOG and ones I am not). I can almost guarantee the log has nothing useful. There are no unexpected exceptions, warnings, or even info lines about IR. Things look normal until it goes to load the bundle, and then that coroutine hangs. That hang eventually leads to VAB errors as things attempt to use those unloaded assets and some pointers are still null. So those exceptions are expected.

One thing I plan to try once home is attempt a synchronous load of the bundle and skip the coroutine entirely. If that fails we know it's the assets. If not, we know it's the couroutine.

Thing is, it works for everyone else, so it seems more like a mod conflict or some other install-specific issue.

I tried to load the bundle synchronously and finally got it to actually tell me something in the logs. Still debugging...

[ERR 17:23:39.295] Unable to open archive file: ir_ui_objects.ksp
[ERR 17:23:39.295] Error while reading AssetBundle header, only uncompressed AssetBundles with 'UnityRaw' signature are supported!

I got it to work by NOT using a coroutine. I commented that line and did this in its place. I don't know why this works while the coroutine fails yet.

var www = new WWW(bundlePath + "ir_ui_objects.ksp");
                while (!www.isDone)
                    Debug.Log(stuff for me to debug it);

if (String.IsNullOrEmpty(www.error))
                {
                    IRAssetBundle = www.assetBundle;
                    LoadBundleAssets();

How can i expand  the editor window because i can't see the  othr options on right side ( like locking the sevo ).

And i can't use the strut grappler properly (actually i can't use it at all).

Edited by lilbat

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I just installed this mod (Inferial Robotics-2.0.2-Final-Full), but whenever I add parts to my vessel, the parts messes up all my physics. For example the vessel just slides on the launchpad, even if I don't do anything.

I was just wondering if it's me doing something wrong or the mod doesn't support current version of kerbal. (1.1.3.1289)?

Is there a workaround?

On 02.08.2016 at 11:56 PM, LatiMacciato said:

try this one

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.5

it might work slightly better but .. just dont use any docks if your using IR

Hey thank you so much for giving a link. Would you know that if these are compatible with Rework_Repack_1.1.2 too? Or should I use just the main IR files....

Oh man btw, what's the meaning to use them without docks btw =(( so sad.

13 minutes ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

Hey thank you so much for giving a link. Would you know that if these are compatible with Rework_Repack_1.1.2 too? Or should I use just the main IR files....

Yes, the 1.1.2 rework pack is compatible with IR 2.0.5. Enjoy :)

On 20.4.2015 at 11:18 PM, sirkut said:

Do not attach docking ports directly (or indirectly) to IR parts. It will make your life miserable. You have been warned!

It is recommended that you delete any previous version of Infernal Robotics that you may have previously installed before upgrading to this version.

thats what te first post says .. and thats true .. if you do you might have to face Mr. Kraken .. means your vessel and things connected to that might become awful instable .. i tested that and found that (sadly) going without IR is the best solution for now (of course until its been fixed)

and i don't know if its working with Rework_Repack_1.1.2 (got ninja'ed :D) .. generally 1.1.2 mods SHOULD work with 1.1.3 at all .. but some arent basicy through KSP code change

as far i seen mods with just parts without any bigger functions, except beeing parts :D do just fine, otherwise they gotta have to get updated

and yes i bring patience to KSP, cant still wait to have IR fixed .. btw yes i will use IR once its working as it should

(my very wild guess about the dock thing: its how KSP handles rooting while docking confuses IR)

Edited by LatiMacciato

36 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

and yes i bring patience to KSP, cant still wait to have IR fixed .. btw yes i will use IR once its working as it should

(my very wild guess about the dock thing: its how KSP handles rooting while docking confuses IR)

What problem are you referring to? I have been out of the loop of IR code development for some time due to work commitments.

36 minutes ago, LatiMacciato said:

That is exactly right. If you understand the rules KSP used for docking and undocking then it is possible to use docking ports on the end of IR parts just fine, but as a general rule it is not advised, especially for new players.

yes, and yes (lol) .. well im not entirely satisfied with IR, even built mega-cool transorters that move to open and close around cargo, but docking ports kinda made that useless tho .. hope theres a workaround in future .. and yes im possibly just terrible with handling IR and how its reacting to KSP's docking port handling

in general, IR is a wonderful mod that makes things move, flawless! :)

You can use docking ports, they just have to be before the IR part on the part tree.. hence (pod base part),fuel Tank, docking port on the side of tank,second tank on bottom of first tank, IR part attched to second tank. At-least, this is how it used to work. Haven't played since 1.0.5 .. lol

Edited by Talavar

I am having  a problem and it may be that I am stupid.  I setup a station with pivitrons from the part rework.  In the VAB I can control them, setup there stop points and everything is kosher.  However, when I went to launch they are just litterally swinging in the wind.  I can not control them, they wont go to stop points they just spin freely 360 degrees around there axis over and over again.  They say they are consuming 0 EC, I have 4 large solar panels connected to each of the two arms, and serious battery power on the station but the arms wont lock and work.  Did I do something stupid? or did I miss a step, or is there some IR for dummies.   I have not played since release and before the parts just worked... I had to sometimes control them manually but they worked as they should all the time, and I don't know what I did wrong, is there a control module I need or?  I am stumped.

They say uncontrolled, and when I go back to the station from the vab they start spinning like no mans business....  in the VAB the IR parts have no controller listed in there group.... maybe .... I am stumped...

MEH I think I figured it out....

Edited by MrWizerd

Just downloaded KSP 1.1.3, and various addons, and am having some errors with the IR addon for KOS, specifically, some IRservo fields don't seem to be available anymore (kOS returns "object reference not set to an instance of an object").

My mod versions are KOS 0.20.1 and IR 2.0.5.

Using the list of IRservo fields defined here https://ksp-kos.github.io/KOS/addons/IR.html

Answered on the kOS reddit, copying here for other peeps: Use at least the 1.0-pre version of kOS if using IR. Available here https://github.com/KSP-KOS/KOS/releases/tag/v1.0.0-pre-1

Edited by allmhuran

Hello

What are all the packs working with IR 2.0.5 for ksp 1.1.3

With the "legacy" parts from 2.0.5, I got from ksp 1.1.2 a " Rework Expansion", a "Rework core" and a "Rework utility" with a "Rework tweakscale.cfg"

Are those 3 part folders  downloadable for 1.1.3 or can I use it from 1.1.2?

Heya, I love IR, but I'm having an infuriating bug.

A staple on my ships is to have a 90° hinge with several long thin metal beams, off of which are multiple Gigantor solar panels. They start off flush against the ship, and when I'm in orbit/landed, the hinge rotates, the beams now stick out from the ship, my panels extend, and voila, huge solar plant.

Now this all works fine... except when I load the ship back up. Some kind of physics 'wobble' occurs, making the hinge (I think) spin clockwise and counterclockwise wildly. This makes the metal beams and the solar panels spin all over the place, eventually tumbling the ship over and breaking everything.

For now I've just removed the IR hinges, but it makes me sad because I loved that setup. Anyone know if there's some tweak or setting that stops IR hinges from spazzing out like that when I load the ship? Reloading an old save just leads to the same problem.

Thanks!

4 hours ago, dd_8630 said:

Heya, I love IR, but I'm having an infuriating bug.

A staple on my ships is to have a 90° hinge with several long thin metal beams, off of which are multiple Gigantor solar panels. They start off flush against the ship, and when I'm in orbit/landed, the hinge rotates, the beams now stick out from the ship, my panels extend, and voila, huge solar plant.

Now this all works fine... except when I load the ship back up. Some kind of physics 'wobble' occurs, making the hinge (I think) spin clockwise and counterclockwise wildly. This makes the metal beams and the solar panels spin all over the place, eventually tumbling the ship over and breaking everything.

For now I've just removed the IR hinges, but it makes me sad because I loved that setup. Anyone know if there's some tweak or setting that stops IR hinges from spazzing out like that when I load the ship? Reloading an old save just leads to the same problem.

Thanks!

Well on that note. Using 2.0.5 in 1.1.3 I have seen similar behavior. Usually when combining IR with certain parts like SXT crash bags or inflatable habitat modules. Seems like Unity setup has a lot to do with it.

Another issue I have seen is when you are moving IR parts in the SPH in 1.1.3 they become misaligned unlike in 1.0.5 where everything was very accurate. That being said, if you built your contraption and did all the IR setup without actually moving any of the IR bits in the SPH. It would work fine in flight.

Someone already asked but I didn't see an answer anywhere: Why do I see the Infernal Robotics button in the VAB but there aren't any parts inside the tab? At first I thought it might be because you integrated it into the tech tree but I didn't see the parts there either.

On August 9, 2016 at 0:36 AM, MrWizerd said:

They say uncontrolled, and when I go back to the station from the vab they start spinning like no mans business....  in the VAB the IR parts have no controller listed in there group.... maybe .... I am stumped...

MEH I think I figured it out....

Sounds like you got it, but yes. "Uncontrolled" means just that. You have no control in flight. They show up and can be moved in the SPH but not in flight. These are for things like trailer hitches or any kind of free moving joint. You want to use the thicker "Controlled" version.

10 minutes ago, jeancallisti said:

Someone already asked but I didn't see an answer anywhere: Why do I see the Infernal Robotics button in the VAB but there aren't any parts inside the tab? At first I thought it might be because you integrated it into the tech tree but I didn't see the parts there either.

How did you install IR and what download / downloads did you use?

17 hours ago, gilflo said:

Hello

What are all the packs working with IR 2.0.5 for ksp 1.1.3

With the "legacy" parts from 2.0.5, I got from ksp 1.1.2 a " Rework Expansion", a "Rework core" and a "Rework utility" with a "Rework tweakscale.cfg"

Are those 3 part folders  downloadable for 1.1.3 or can I use it from 1.1.2?

Just can't use wheels or the science drill. And as long as you have the newest version of KAS installed the Grasper should work just fine. And all the moving IR parts in rework are fine.

On 10/08/2016 at 5:49 PM, V8jester said:

How did you install IR and what download / downloads did you use?

I used the download from this thread's first post (KSP 1.1.2, IR 2.0.2 from http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/220267-magic-smoke-industries-infernal-robotics/files/latest ).

I installed it using "KSP Mod Admin AnyOS".

EDIT: OK so now I realize I should have installed it EXACTLY the way it's explained in the first post. I just thought it was the manual way, as opposed to using a mod manager. Sorry.

EDIT2 : Even after copying GameData, the parts are still not there even though the tab is.

EDIT3 : They WERE actually in the tech tree, I just couldn't locate them ("actuator" upgrade). Now I've found them. And unlocked them. And the parts are here. PROBLEM SOLVED.

Edited by jeancallisti

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.