1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Legacy Parts fix from ZiwKerman https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.0/IR-LegacyParts.zip

Infernal Robotics from ZiwKerman 2.0.10 https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.10/IR-2.0.10-Final-Core.zip

Ziw's IR Surface Sampler dll https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/IR-Surface-Sampler/tree/master/GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins

Thread link to Ir Sequencer: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/104547-12-ir-sequencer-v101-add-on-to-infernal-robotics-updated-30102016/

Ziw's Rework Package: https://mega.nz/#!rdlHkLAJ!ZizDvd8s7zCIG529FtO8b7wM0avJ8yC3pldIaf6BGFw

Ksc123 order of install:

1) IR Legacy parts (if someone wants them)

2) New IR_Rework package

3) IR Sequencer

4) Delete "AssetBundles" folder if there is any (Comes with sequencer and core pack)

5) Install latest IR core pack (contains only plugin, no parts)

6) Install latest version of IR Surface sampler in folder "..\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\Parts\Rework_Utility\Plugins"

Edited by Agustin

On 9.1.2017 at 7:56 PM, Ziw said:

Sequencer is not very stable now, I'd avoid using it for now, unless you know what you're doing.

only problems im having atm is that i need to manually unlock all the parts in editor and ingame everytime i spawn my craft and some few times my sequences have been erased but thats always easy to correct, but anyway here is my latest creation and for the moment i need to research how to make snake like movement, any ideas Ziw ?

On 12/19/2016 at 3:45 AM, Ziw said:

Can you try with 2.0.10 (latest) as 2.0.9 was experimental build and unfortunately contained a lot of bugs.

Thank you so much. The holidays got in the way, so it's almost a month later, but updating my IR install to 2.0.10 has completely resolved the problem with wheels being stuck in place (presumably with autostruts). And the best part is that even existing crafts now work as intended! That's better than I dared to hope for. My test rover landed successfully on the Mun.

This makes me excited to get back to building my planetary bases. Thank you for all of your work!

screenshot11.png

So far my biggest gripe with this mod is that using the menus are really hard to use and tedious in the editor. For example, you can't arrange the groups of servos up or down in the editor. Another thing is that you can't make the window bigger to show more information, it just increase the size of the front as well

Anyway here something I made 

8 minutes ago, Colonel Cbplayer said:

So far my biggest gripe with this mod is that using the menus are really hard to use and tedious in the editor. For example, you can't arrange the groups of servos up or down in the editor. Another thing is that you can't make the window bigger to show more information, it just increase the size of the front as well

Anyway here so

You should be able to drag and drop groups in the editor and you should be able to resize the window by dragging the bottom-right corner.

I'm having problems with the ir rotatron mk2 and I have seen a couple other people ask about it with no response I'm not sure why.  I have tried everything to get this part to work and with it only having 1 attachment point has been very difficult.  I have searched the net for hours and no where can I find the answer even thought there are quite a few questions on the matter.  so can someone tell me or show me how this part is supposed to work please?

Edited by coolguy30000
forgot some details

2 hours ago, TheGrim said:

How would I make a crane using this and IR Rework because I plan on using a few of my SSTO designs to move cargo into space and the crane would make life easier

Hey that was you that posted on my Protoflift video wasn't it?

So an IR crane depends greatly on the weight capacity you wish to acomidate. Also what kind of crane do you want? An arm similar to mine? Or do you want something that can lift an orange tank? Which will require substantial knowledge. Of how IR interacts with struts, and how to work with phisicsless parts, if you wish to lift something that heavy.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Edit:

So to give you an idea. This crane needed 3 pivotrons connected together with struts, to tilt the boom. 3 Rotatrons connected with struts and Quantum struts, to support the boom while rotating. And as I recall about 90t or so of counterweight to keep from snapping the boom off the truck while lifting a 36t orange tank.

Edited by V8jester

21 hours ago, Colonel Cbplayer said:

Another thing is that you can't make the window bigger to show more information, it just increase the size of the front as well

(I litterally just realized this last night)

There is a itty bitty grey button on the lower right corner of the windows. Drag and voila!

Edited by V8jester

I'm very sorry if I did something wrong here, but it just doesn't work for me.

There is no parts tab like in the video, and while there are -some- parts strewn about somewhere within my other part tabs, which I can find if I type "magic" into the search bar, they all state they're from "Magic Smoke Industries". However, in the advanced grouping, when selecting "by manufacturer", MSI doesn't show up there, either.

Now, ignoring all that, I took some parts that I did find with the search query, and noticed two things. One, I don't have any parts I need for the robotic arm I meant to build, whatsoever. And two, even when trying to see what the other parts do, there is no icon in the lower right to allow me to control any of them!

I've been trying to get this to work for two days straight now, reading through this and the reworks topic, even following an install guide step-by-step with downloading and frankensteining together all the stuff to get "the most up-to-date components" of each (sub-)mod.

I'm pulling my hair here. Please. Someone, help.

4 hours ago, BlackSun said:

I'm very sorry if I did something wrong here, but it just doesn't work for me.

There is no parts tab like in the video, and while there are -some- parts strewn about somewhere within my other part tabs, which I can find if I type "magic" into the search bar, they all state they're from "Magic Smoke Industries". However, in the advanced grouping, when selecting "by manufacturer", MSI doesn't show up there, either.

Now, ignoring all that, I took some parts that I did find with the search query, and noticed two things. One, I don't have any parts I need for the robotic arm I meant to build, whatsoever. And two, even when trying to see what the other parts do, there is no icon in the lower right to allow me to control any of them!

I've been trying to get this to work for two days straight now, reading through this and the reworks topic, even following an install guide step-by-step with downloading and frankensteining together all the stuff to get "the most up-to-date components" of each (sub-)mod.

I'm pulling my hair here. Please. Someone, help.

What game version? What IR Version? And did you install Rework? Also do you have Module manager installed?

On 1/13/2017 at 11:55 AM, V8jester said:

Hey that was you that posted on my Protoflift video wasn't it?

So an IR crane depends greatly on the weight capacity you wish to acomidate. Also what kind of crane do you want? An arm similar to mine? Or do you want something that can lift an orange tank? Which will require substantial knowledge. Of how IR interacts with struts, and how to work with phisicsless parts, if you wish to lift something that heavy.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Edit:

So to give you an idea. This crane needed 3 pivotrons connected together with struts, to tilt the boom. 3 Rotatrons connected with struts and Quantum struts, to support the boom while rotating. And as I recall about 90t or so of counterweight to keep from snapping the boom off the truck while lifting a 36t orange tank.

Ok, Also what attatchment should i use if I am in orbit and want to move capsules without risk of them drifting because I am basically teaching myself on how to get to orbit using my SSTO, I usually use mechjeb 2 for my rockets

This is actually a more complicated question than you may realize. KAS Magnets are the most "pain free" way to grab something else in space as you don't need to align a docking port. But Magnets winches anything KAS shouldn't really be trusted to stay exactly how you see it through a save. Meaning. Leave a crane with cargo at the end of the winch line hanging in mid air - save - return and find nothing is as  you left it.

So my suggestion would be docking ports. They will pull your target toward you and once docked it will survive a save. But this creates a whole new set of issues. All IR parts have a ""root" node and a "top" node. Imagine the command pod as the source of electricity. This power must flow through the "root" node first. And if you install a part backwards weird things happen like misalignments or improper movement. (kraken bait in other words) So If you dock ship A to ship B using an IR extendatron in between them. You now have a command pod attached on the other side of the flow of power which could potentially mess things up if when loaded it defaults to the new command pod.

Can you in more detail explain exactly what it is you are trying to do? Just dock a capsule to a station? - IR Arm - KAS magnet at the end - move capsule to align over a docking port - release magnet and poof docked.

1 hour ago, V8jester said:

What game version? What IR Version? And did you install Rework? Also do you have Module manager installed?

I've got these:

RRRDfxT.png

But as this didn't work, I've since tried other downloads, without any luck. One of my attempts includes, for example, following this guide after someone else in this topic reported similar issues:

On 9.1.2017 at 6:54 PM, Agustin said:

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Legacy Parts fix from ZiwKerman https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.0/IR-LegacyParts.zip

Infernal Robotics from ZiwKerman 2.0.10 https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.10/IR-2.0.10-Final-Core.zip

Ziw's IR Surface Sampler dll https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/IR-Surface-Sampler/tree/master/GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins

Thread link to Ir Sequencer: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/104547-12-ir-sequencer-v101-add-on-to-infernal-robotics-updated-30102016/

Ziw's Rework Package: https://mega.nz/#!rdlHkLAJ!ZizDvd8s7zCIG529FtO8b7wM0avJ8yC3pldIaf6BGFw

Ksc123 order of install:

1) IR Legacy parts (if someone wants them)

2) New IR_Rework package

3) IR Sequencer

4) Delete "AssetBundles" folder if there is any (Comes with sequencer and core pack)

5) Install latest IR core pack (contains only plugin, no parts)

6) Install latest version of IR Surface sampler in folder "..\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\Parts\Rework_Utility\Plugins"

Nothing works. Help? ;A;

22 hours ago, BlackSun said:

I've got these:

RRRDfxT.png

But as this didn't work, I've since tried other downloads, without any luck. One of my attempts includes, for example, following this guide after someone else in this topic reported similar issues:

Nothing works. Help? ;A;

Same here all I can get in game is the legacy parts and they don't even work properly... The hinge just makes the parts move about.

4 minutes ago, Sparky_Sct said:

Same here all I can get in game is the legacy parts and they don't even work properly... The hinge just makes the parts move about.

But you do have the icon to open the IR window in the bottom right corner when in the VAB / SPH?
Because that one's not showing up for me.

4 minutes ago, Agustin said:

I guess you are installing an oldt version of IR, the 2.0.2, when the latest is 2.0.10 although these numbers may be confusing...

I've been confused by the included files stating they were from 2016, and v2.0.2 - while the replacement core files were from 2015, yeah, and v2.0.10.

I found this rather odd and made seperate folders where I put the mod together:
One with the 2016 v2.0.2 files, and the other with 2015 v2.0.10 files.
Tried both, none worked.

It's very confusing none the less, though. Why are the files possibly all over the 74 pages instead of listed in the first post...?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.