1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

Guys, what could be easier than extracting a ZIP file contents properly?

The latest version is 2.0.10, it is available on github. To install you need to download the release ZIP, it contains a a folder named GameData. You should merge it with your existing <Your KSP Folder>/GameData folder.

Make sure you don't create a GameData subfolder inside your GameData. If you do - delete it and extract the zip file properly.

Your folder structure should be like this:

KSP
 -> GameData
	-> MagicSmokeIndustries
		-> Parts
		-> Plugins
		-> ... etc

DO NOT use 2.0.2, it is outdated.

DISABLE built-in auto-struts - the way to do it has been mentioned in this thread multiple times.

Either DON'T use KJR or learn how to make it compatible with IR (has been discussed a million times here).

5 minutes ago, Ziw said:

The latest version is 2.0.10, it is available on github. To install you need to download the release ZIP, it contains a a folder named GameData. You should merge it with your existing <Your KSP Folder>/GameData folder.

Make sure you don't create a GameData subfolder inside your GameData. If you do - delete it and extract the zip file properly.

Your folder structure should be like this:

KSP
 -> GameData
	-> MagicSmokeIndustries
		-> Parts
		-> Plugins
		-> ... etc

DO NOT use 2.0.2, it is outdated.

DISABLE built-in auto-struts - the way to do it has been mentioned in this thread multiple times.

Either DON'T use KJR or learn how to make it compatible with IR (has been discussed a million times here).

But the IR-2.0.10-Final-Core zip has no parts in it, so should I add the legacy parts over it?

46 minutes ago, Sparky_Sct said:

But the IR-2.0.10-Final-Core zip has no parts in it, so should I add the legacy parts over it?

You can add legacy and/or reworked parts of course. Just make sure you keep the folder structure proper.

2 hours ago, Ziw said:

I don't know. But blaming people for following lackluster instructions certainly is! :wink:

We need the proper, up-to-date links clearly visible and advertised on the first post, or else this kind of thing is just bound to happen. There are 74 pages by now. 74. We are new to this mod, see the first post, download the "most recent version" according to that, and are puzzled why it won't work. We eventually figured out there's a 2.0.10 version out there, and got the core files of that - or did we? It certainly said so on the label, and yet, it still didn't work with the parts we got.

Unless the first post is updated each time, this soft of thing will continue to happen. You obviously know that things have to be mentioned multiple times in this thread already, because people are unable to find it once it's buried. And they don't even have the keywords to search for like we do now, thanks to you.

This mod is way too cool of a thing to be this hard to get into, and that's just because of an outdated first post, mind you.

2 hours ago, Ziw said:

The latest version is 2.0.10, it is available on github. [ description of common install problems ]

[ description of IR specific issues ]

Well, obviously a lot of players are having problems with installing IR, as some of them are asking for help in this topic.  More are likely just giving up.  And yes, people should read the last 3 pages or more of a topic to get a feel for current issues.  But it doesn't help that the first post hasn't been updated and points to a specific version on Spacedock that isn't current (and Spacedock doesn't have any later versions).  KSP 1.2 has been out for 3 months now.  I understand it can be challenging to upgrade a mod when Squad has changed so much going from 1.1.3 to now 1.2.2.  But people look in the first post for details on installing a mod and any serious issues it is having.

Perhaps between yourself and @sirkut you can either get the first post and the topic title updated or start a new IR thread, with cautions on KSP 1.2 IR still being in prerelease.  That way people wanting to try IR won't depend on finding the download links in your signature and locating this recent post with details on installing IR.  Of course, it still have version specific links.

7 minutes ago, Jacke said:

Well, obviously a lot of players are having problems with installing IR, as some of them are asking for help in this topic.  More are likely just giving up.  [...] But people look in the first post for details on installing a mod and any serious issues it is having.

msty.gif

There are many mods, but this mod in particular deserves more exposure and an easier introduction to interested newcomers. :)

Edited by BlackSun

Hi guys, sorry if this has been requested already.

I am trying to make a rotating ring on a space station. The ring is quite large and heavy (a lot of hitchhiker cans), it is supposed to rotate using the rotary plates. I suppose this has been done before.

When just a few objects are attached to the rotating plate, no problem. But when it starts to get big, just a few parts try to rotate (the parts that attach from the central station towards the ring) but even before reaching the ring itself the parts dont seem to want to move. So inner parts try to move, the ring itself does not, causing rapidly the whole structure to break.

Is this a limit to the weight of the ring? Or the part count? Small rings to rotate without problem.
I was expecting it to rotate maybe slowly, or accelerate slowly due to the size of it, but here it completely breaks.

Thanks!

I have some installation problems. I extracted 2.0.10 into GameData, but the robotic parts do not appear in the game (I have KSP 1.2.2). Here is my directory structure:

GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/
├── AssetBundles
│   └── ir_ui_objects.bundle
├── blizzy_icon.png
├── Flags
│   └── InfernalRobotics.png
├── InfernalRobotics.version
├── IR_TweakScale.cfg
├── LICENSE.md
├── Parts
├── Plugins
│   ├── InfernalRobotics.dll
│   ├── PluginData
│   │   └── InfernalRobotics
│   └── Scale_Redist.dll
├── Sounds
│   └── infernalRoboticMotor.ogg
└── SupportedLicenses
    └── README-TweakScale.txt

I looked in the log, but I found no problems releated to IR. In fact, IR-related log messages constantly appear in the log.

11 minutes ago, petersohn said:

I have some installation problems. I extracted 2.0.10 into GameData, but the robotic parts do not appear in the game (I have KSP 1.2.2). Here is my directory structure:

GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/
├── AssetBundles
│   └── ir_ui_objects.bundle
├── blizzy_icon.png
├── Flags
│   └── InfernalRobotics.png
├── InfernalRobotics.version
├── IR_TweakScale.cfg
├── LICENSE.md
├── Parts
├── Plugins
│   ├── InfernalRobotics.dll
│   ├── PluginData
│   │   └── InfernalRobotics
│   └── Scale_Redist.dll
├── Sounds
│   └── infernalRoboticMotor.ogg
└── SupportedLicenses
    └── README-TweakScale.txt

I looked in the log, but I found no problems releated to IR. In fact, IR-related log messages constantly appear in the log.

You can find parts pack here:

and here

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.0/IR-LegacyParts.zip

Question: is it normal for IR parts to have weird symmetry?

Whenever I use symmetry in the SPH, the IR parts contradict the symmetries in the SPH. One hinge opens up, other opens down. This means that I have to place wings (that deploy) on the vessel separately and use the offset tool to align them. This isn't really "game breaking," just downright annoying.

57 minutes ago, Astrofox said:

Whenever I use symmetry in the SPH, the IR parts contradict the symmetries in the SPH. One hinge opens up, other opens down. This means that I have to place wings (that deploy) on the vessel separately and use the offset tool to align them. This isn't really "game breaking," just downright annoying.

That's probably because "mirror" symmetry isn't really mirror symmetry. The position is mirrored, but the part itself is rotated 180 degrees, as can be seen obviously with parts like the Materials bay.

16 hours ago, Astrofox said:

12 hours ago, Astrofox said:

Is there a way to fix that?

If you guys are using Rework parts. Then simply add a (-) in front of one of the moving components.

If you are using legacy. Use the same numbers left and right. In the SPH one wing will move backward. In flight it will move correctly

video with legacy docking washers in 1.0.5. In hanger one wing moves backwards in flight works like a charm.

Edited by V8jester

Hello, my name is Vito.

I have had some problems with my Infernal robotics rework and expansion pack. For whatever reason, the parts, both new and old, aren't showing up in the editor. But here is the most confusing part, some have time to time. I have downloaded the mod and reinstalled it many times and this has not fixed the issue. The parts that have showed up are the Trusses, the Utilitrons And I think one of the rotatrons... I would really like this issue fixed.

<merged posts>

I have looked at the download file and all the parts are there, but they do not want to load for use in the editor. 

Thanks.

Edited by Val
Merged several semi duplicate posts

8 hours ago, CGiuffre164 said:

Hello, my name is Vito.

(...)

You'll have to be more specific as for what version of the mods you are using, your installation folder details, or something because it has been discussed before how to install you just have to read the past last pages of this thread. The OP is outdated for now.

17 hours ago, Agustin said:

You'll have to be more specific as for what version of the mods you are using, your installation folder details, or something because it has been discussed before how to install you just have to read the past last pages of this thread. The OP is outdated for now.

That's not what I mean. I have downloaded the v02 Pre Release Beta from this website, just some of the parts are not showing up in the editor. I am running on KSP 1.2.2 but I am not fussed on the outdated part of the mod. And when you say OP, what do you mean by that?

2 hours ago, CGiuffre164 said:

That's not what I mean. I have downloaded the v02 Pre Release Beta from this website, just some of the parts are not showing up in the editor. I am running on KSP 1.2.2 but I am not fussed on the outdated part of the mod. And when you say OP, what do you mean by that?

So what do you mean? I don't understand. You should have the 2.0.10 version of IR, and install legacy parts and/or rework package to have parts. In the last pages there are instructions to install this.

Edited by Agustin

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.