1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

17 hours ago, Lunar Sea said:

Can you bind preset positions to a key or joystick? I'd really like to be able to access them apart from clicking on the GUI.

*update* Action groups, duh. Excellent!

You can also take this one step further using IR Sequencer. You can have multiple stopping points assigned to multiple buttons.

20 hours ago, V8jester said:

Another aircraft that would be impossible to build without IR

And a golden onion to the person who can properly identify this aircraft :)

screenshot44_zpsnjl76jy5.png~original

screenshot43_zpswhu3fypk.png~original

That's the CAS-1. And it's awesome. I want one for... reasons.

2 hours ago, AirArs said:

Where do I install the part packs (into gamedata folder or into core IR parts folder)???

Open the zip and start opening folders. This will show you where to install a given mod. Most .zip files contain a folder names "GameData" Open that folder and it will show you the next folder. In this case. Yes everything goes into "MagicSmokeIndustries'

1 hour ago, vans0051 said:

Didn't see this issue addressed.  Bumping because I'm having the same issue.  D/L'd from Spacedock.

Either wait for proper official working release to pop up on space dock, or use alternative links provided by @V8jester in few post above.
I was run out of free time for KSP lately and get a bit tired to repost my own post again and again.

Give a cookie to @V8jester for keeping thing in order.

26 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

Either wait for proper official working release to pop up on space dock, or use alternative links provided by @V8jester in few post above.
I was run out of free time for KSP lately and get a bit tired to repost my own post again and again.

Give a cookie to @V8jester for keeping thing in order.

I appreciate the advice, but it stands to reason that a complete download option would be conspicuously provided in the OP.  I did a quick search and found the post I quoted so I bumped it.  I don't know what else I should be expected to do, given there are 76 pages in this topic.

Again, thanks.

9 hours ago, vans0051 said:

I appreciate the advice, but it stands to reason that a complete download option would be conspicuously provided in the OP.  I did a quick search and found the post I quoted so I bumped it.  I don't know what else I should be expected to do, given there are 76 pages in this topic.

Again, thanks.

As you could see if you read the title of this thread or looked at the version number on SpaceDock, the last official release of IR was for 1.1.2. The 1.2 release is still in beta and therefore is not in the OP. No one expects you to read all 76 pages but the info for installing was 13 posts above yours on the same page. 

Can anyone help me with this? i got a custom tech tree node working, but yet i cant seem to get the parts to move into the node. i have done this with all the stock tree, and a couple mods up to this point. And I cant seem to find the issue with how im doing it to infernal robotics. 

my code:

//Made By MIke12222222222222 & ThePhoenixSol

//IR Node

@TechTree:NEEDS[MagicSmokeIndustries]
{
	@RDNode:HAS[#id[largeUnmanned]]
	{
		@id = IR
		@title = Infernal Robotics
		@description = Mechanics have been a thing for a while, so why not use them with rockets?.
		@cost = 20
		@hideEmpty = False
		@nodeName = node44_IR
		@anyToUnlock = False
		@icon = RDicon_robotics
		@pos = -1500,800,0
		@scale = 0.6
		!Parent,* {}
		Parent
		{
			parentID = science3
			lineFrom = TOP
			lineTo = BOTTOM
		}
}

// Parts

@PART[AdjustableRailScaleable|dockingwasher_stdScaleable|dockingwasher_freeScaleable|GantryLargeScaleable|GantryLargeScaleableVariant|IRHingeClosedScaleable2|IRHingeOpenScaleable|IRHingeTallScaleable|IRHingeTallNDScaleable|IRPistonScaleable|IR_RotatronScaleable|IR_Rotatronmk2Scaleable|IR_RotatronVTOLScaleable|TelescopeFullAScaleable]:NEEDS[MagicSmokeIndustries]:FINAL
{
	@TechRequired = IR
}

17 minutes ago, Brainpop14 said:

Does this work in 1.2.2?

Answered (by me) LITERALLY 2 posts above yours! PLEASE spend at least a minute checking before asking.

EDIT: sorry if that was rude, I'm getting annoyed. Link below gives complete 1.2.2 installation instructions.

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

Also to sum up discussions of the last few pages (and to prevent others from having the same frustrations that I have had):

Autostrutting introduced in 1.2 has completely broken any attempt to move wheels or landing gear with IR. There doesn't seem to be anything we can do at this stage as the autostruts are hardcoded into the wheel parts.

7 hours ago, starchitect said:

Also to sum up discussions of the last few pages (and to prevent others from having the same frustrations that I have had):

Autostrutting introduced in 1.2 has completely broken any attempt to move wheels or landing gear with IR. There doesn't seem to be anything we can do at this stage as the autostruts are hardcoded into the wheel parts.

This can be circumvented by using the new release of. ALG and quite possibly KF (still in Dev so beware of bees)

Edited by V8jester

On 1/30/2017 at 8:43 PM, TheRagingIrishman said:

As you could see if you read the title of this thread or looked at the version number on SpaceDock, the last official release of IR was for 1.1.2. The 1.2 release is still in beta and therefore is not in the OP. No one expects you to read all 76 pages but the info for installing was 13 posts above yours on the same page. 

If you'll notice, I wasn't asking about version updates.  I've no idea why you bring up official releases.  Nor do I really care.  And I was searching for a specific problem, so I wonder WHY the relevant post didn't show up?  Maybe because it didn't deal with that issue?  Maybe that's why I didn't see it?  Why would I search a page for an issue the search didn't find and wasn't addressing the issue I had?

No need to answer.  It's obvious enough why I wouldn't expect a post that wasn't addressing my issue to address my issue.

Edited by vans0051

Hi all.

First, i'm running 1.2.2 and dont seem to have any other problems with IR (incl rework etc).

Got the following questions;

1; The Utilitron Grabber seems to have a really weak joint between the grabber and other part, see img.

lKspEPW.png

I've tried different end-connection and the adaptron going from large-to-small "attachmentpoint" with the same result.

Same with magnet:

x4CscdU.png

It happily breaks off using very little weight.

2; Sometimes i dont seem to be able to "detach" when attached using the Grabber, Havent had any trouble with turning the magnet on/off (perhaps cuz it's not a grab-attach?) Tried both with and without Ground-Tether engaged on the landing legs.

F5Qu5XN.png

3; As an additional test, i tried the Tow-bar,

SAsdCB8.png

The tow-bar doesn't link the two ships together to become one, as ockingports and the telescopis links does.

And for the curius one; Those are wide landing legs with "Ground Tether" engaged.

Parts are from KAS, KIS, UKS(collections) of rovers, Konstruktion etc. Not KJR.

Any tips or ideas?

EDIT: The yellow pal-truss roverbase only weighs 7tons.

/Rikard

Edited by mrstoned

@mrstoned My biggest suggestions on heavy lifting cranes is RKE Kanadarm tubes with Twakscale added to the parts. RKE uses physicsless parts which will not bend like most parts do. Quantum Struts to secure mobile crane booms. And KAS ports and a kerbal to attach the crane to the cargo. Here are a couple examples of what I mean

That's some nice design.

I've done space exploration fairly much, så was going to explore kerbin somewhat, both above and and below sealevel.

Wanted to set up mini-bases on north and south pole as well as on opposite side of the world to cut down traveltime.

The need for a medium lifter on rover , and i could construct a high heavy-lift towercrane in range of the runway or lauchpad.

I just got the very good idea to make use of the konstruction weldable dockingports to assemble the towercrane bit by bit.

Will have a look at quantum struts but would like to keep the mods to a minimum (old hardware to run ksp on). Also to keep partcount down. USI solves this pretty nicly.

How do you build your towercrane? With gantrys?

How do you keep the magnet from pulling away from the winch-connector?  Mine usually plops off under strain (couple tons).

/Rikard

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.