1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

10 minutes ago, StahnAileron said:

I know I'm late, but...

Current KSP is know to have some sort of terrain issue. (One aspect is exemplified by the T3 and T2 runways not being aligned properly and showing seams.) As far as I know, all of Kerbin has that issue to some degree. (Plenty of mentions of rover suddenly flipping out at particular locations, IIRC.) I imagine this is related. I've had vessels sitting on the ground but look like they're floating like half a meter above it and what not. It seems like an inherent collision detection versus visual rendering problem in KSP itself due to the changes from 1.1.x to 1.2.x.

i never really notice these on Kerbin myselfe.  but Duna...  from orbit it looks like a deathstar with a giant square laser...

I have a problem where all of the robotic parts in this pack (even the rework) do not show up in the servo editor. Only Konstruction parts show up. Can someone help? (P.S. The IR Icon on toolbar is different.)

Edited by Jackaroo0505

15 hours ago, StahnAileron said:

I know I'm late, but...

Current KSP is know to have some sort of terrain issue. (One aspect is exemplified by the T3 and T2 runways not being aligned properly and showing seams.) As far as I know, all of Kerbin has that issue to some degree. (Plenty of mentions of rover suddenly flipping out at particular locations, IIRC.) I imagine this is related. I've had vessels sitting on the ground but look like they're floating like half a meter above it and what not. It seems like an inherent collision detection versus visual rendering problem in KSP itself due to the changes from 1.1.x to 1.2.x.

The problem with the sampler not working was caused by my using galileo planet pack and the way the surface sampler code tries to determine if its touching something sample-able. I wrote a patch for that and made a pull request for it on github. 

The weird visual collision glitch remains, but the sampler works whether it "sinks" into the ground or not. 

15 hours ago, Jackaroo0505 said:

I have a problem where all of the robotic parts in this pack (even the rework) do not show up in the servo editor. Only Konstruction parts show up. Can someone help? (P.S. The IR Icon on toolbar is different.)

Ok, my button showed up when I used that guy's toolbar (Blizzard, IDK how to spell it) but the GUI for IR only showed for 1 launch of the game. I know the fix for it is somewhere in the config.xml but I do not know what to do with the numbers. I saw a form post with the numbers but I lost it.

Try deleting the IR config (it will get recreated when you launch KSP). It could be that the coordinates saved for where to put the window has placed it off your screen. I've had this before, but mainly when I go from a high resolution to a low one.

Hi. Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I'm looking for a mod with a robotic arm that can grab onto another part. Does this mod include such a part? If no? Can someone point me to a mod that does? Thanks

@yorshee @Halitsu

I fixed the problem on my end.  Do you have Kerbal Joint Reinforcement installed, specifically through CKAN?  Check here and grab the dev version of KJR linked:

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/issues/146

It fixed my problem perfectly.\

@Jackaroo0505  I tried making a robot arm after this fix and it went fine.  Maybe you have the same issue?

On 25/2/2017 at 7:25 PM, Halitsu said:
  Reveal hidden contents

832377BABC4435683496ADEDD7760DA621FE4077

66ADD665B637F4BDBB0E673BE4919C2D6E0EEFFC

When I try to use the robotics, they work fine in the hanger, but they get all gibbled when I launch. This example is only showing one part, but the pistons, rotaters, etc don't work either. 

The parts on either side of the robotic parts act like they are connected directly, so when I try to move the robotics it just breaks the parts connected to them

i have that problem too, and already tried the solution posted by @Rokmonkey, still not working. :/

6 hours ago, anbztht said:

i have that problem too, and already tried the solution posted by @Rokmonkey, still not working. :/

Okay, silly question then.  Are you sure you didn't put the hinges on backwards?  They will work fine in the VAB but not outside.  The model rework places little yellow arrows showing which side is the base.

2 hours ago, Rokmonkey said:

Okay, silly question then.  Are you sure you didn't put the hinges on backwards?  They will work fine in the VAB but not outside.  The model rework places little yellow arrows showing which side is the base.

@Rokmonkey I installed KJR Dev (could not find the most up to date one) and it worked. Now I can move (even my craft) me Kerbanarm!

21 hours ago, Rokmonkey said:

yup. that was fine. ill do a reinstall and see, also i did the autostrut thing using this in config.

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[ModuleWheelBase]]
{
	@MODULE[ModuleWheelBase]
	{
		%autoStrut = False
	}
}

idk if i'm missing something or did something wrong :rolleyes:

14 minutes ago, eberkain said:

Is there a way to do a TweakScale config that will only apply TweakScale to IR parts, I have many other mods installed and don't want to have tweakscale on everything.  

you just need to delete configs for tweakscaling other parts and left only those regarding IR parts. I think that all config files regarding TweakScale are in Tweakscale folder, but it is always possible that some moder wrote those scaling configs inside their own mod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.