1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

On 6/5/2017 at 11:34 AM, Gordon Dry said:

I'm confused.

Inside the latest core pack from https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.10/IR-2.0.10-Final-Core.zip there is a folder AssetBundles so why delete it in first instance?
To avoid a "Overwrite file?" from the OS?

So has the folder AssetBundles to be deleted or not?

Older versions came with an extra file that had to be deleted and then they fixed it, but the instructions were kept the same.

On 8/5/2017 at 0:39 PM, colfighter said:

Which release do I download from github if I'm using kerbal joint reinforcement and am on 1.2.2?

Dev version for KJR is all over the thread just search for a clean instructions post which is copied and posted all over the place.

On 5/11/2017 at 9:43 AM, Agustin said:

Dev version for KJR is all over the thread just search for a clean instructions post which is copied and posted all over the place.

I'm sorry, but what "dev version"?

The link on the instructions post seems to be outdated, and even if it isn't, it's vague and terrible. It links to the entire Github page, and says to download a "master file".

I have the latest version of KJR and I am using the 1.2 development build of Infernal Robotics + Legacy Parts and the hinge joints I'm using for folding wings are not working at all. The root wing and the folding wing (both B9 procedural wings) just 'bend' around the joint. No autostruts (or any struts really) were used. Here's a picture of the wing joint: Picture. I was thinking this "dev version" would fix the problem but apparently it doesn't even exist (anymore).

What's even more bizarre is that the part I'm trying to move is supposed to be excluded from part stiffening, also, it the hinges work fine in other cases. I'm not even sure anymore, any help would be appreciated.

Edited by CrayzeeMonkey

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2017 at 5:35 PM, V8jester said:

Hey I just played around with this today. Fire up Notepad++ and change these two lines for the Magnet / Grasper. I set them to 999 to make then almost unbreakable.

Magnet

name = KASModuleMagnet
breakForce = 999

Mechanical Grasper

name = KASModuleHarpoon
partBreakForce = 999
staticBreakForce = 999

And because I know it's coming....

For those having install / KJR issues

List of IR download files to work with KSP 1.2.2 courtesy of: @Agustin @V8jester

Steps to install Infernal Robotics

1) install Core Download which is the plugin and "core Files" of IR  (No parts are in this download)

2) Install Parts Pack (Legacy is the original parts, and Rework are the new white parts. You can have both installed if you wish)

3) Optional -  If you wish to use the Surface sampler (Install the Surfacesampler.dll into GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins)

4) Optional  - If you are using KJR you will need to use the supplied DEV Version Linked below.

Core Download

Infernal Robotics (Ziw) 2.0.10 https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.10/IR-2.0.10-Final-Core.zip

Parts

Legacy Parts (Ziw) https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.0/IR-LegacyParts.zip

IR Rework Parts (Zodiusinfuser) https://mega.nz/#!rdlHkLAJ!ZizDvd8s7zCIG529FtO8b7wM0avJ8yC3pldIaf6BGFw

IR Surface Sampler dll (Ziw) https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/IR-Surface-Sampler/tree/master/GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins

Utility

Thread link for IR Sequencer (Ziw) http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/104547-12-ir-sequencer-v101-add-on-to-infernal-robotics-updated-30102016/

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - Fixed for IR

"Dev version - use at your own risk"

Dev version of KJR (Ferram4) Download the "Master File" https://github.com/ferram4/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement

Please feel free to repost / update this list every so often to help a lot of the new comers

A new version of Kerbal Joint Reinforcment has been released (v 3.3.2 for KSP 1.2.2). Does anybody now if this has addressed the previous issues encountered with IR (as per the above quoted post)?

Cheers, 

Good afternoon, folks 
Quick question: I just made these foldable ramps to load cargo up my AN-124. http://imgur.com/a/iWBi8 
In the hangar it works beautifully, but when I launch it, the hinges unfold but the ramps stay completely static. 

Any idea whats up with that? 

I'm not home atm so I can't provide any logs yet, but thought maybe this is a common bug and someone might know of a workaround.

Any help is appreciated.

8 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

That's pretty much all it says in the change log

Well it says that it fixed an issue with IR joints not moving, but I also experienced an issue (with the reworks) where, after time warping, the joints would break and get skewed. Not sure if this is due to the same thing or not.  

15 hours ago, JeeF said:
Good afternoon, folks 
Quick question: I just made these foldable ramps to load cargo up my AN-124. http://imgur.com/a/iWBi8 
In the hangar it works beautifully, but when I launch it, the hinges unfold but the ramps stay completely static. 

Any idea whats up with that? 

I'm not home atm so I can't provide any logs yet, but thought maybe this is a common bug and someone might know of a workaround.

Any help is appreciated.

Looks like another autostrut issue. Turn on autostrut visualisation trough debug/cheat menu  to help you with this. Autostrut comes from that landing gear being too close to ramp/hinges. Unfortunately there is no way to turn off autostrut on wheels, so you have to figure out some workaround of this. There is several posts about similar issue and workarounds for it in this IR thread and WIP IR thread about it. You can also check links in my signature, I posted info about it too as it is quickly buried in forum thread.

HELP,

i installed the core pack and one rework parts pack. my servo controller is blank in the VAB.   The parts are there, But when I click on the neat robotic arm icon on the tool bar it is blank!

I don't know If I installed it right or if there is any comparability issues.

Here is my Game Data file paths and

Spoiler

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Workshop"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.2.7.1.dll"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.2.7.5.dll"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.2.7.6.dll"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.ConfigCache"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.ConfigSHA"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.Physics"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManager.TechTree"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModuleManagerLicense.md"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\[x] Science!"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\000_AT_Utils"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\000_FilterExtensions"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\000_FilterExtensions Configs"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\000_USITools"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\BoulderCo"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\CommunityCategoryKit"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\CommunityResourcePack"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\CommunityTechTree"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EasyVesselSwitch"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Firespitter"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\GroundConstruction"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\HideEmptyTechTreeNodes"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\InterstellarFuelSwitch"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\IRSequencer"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KAS"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KerbalJointReinforcement"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KermangeddonIndustries"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KIS"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kopernicus"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KSS"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ManeuverNodeEvolved"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MechJeb2"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\ModularFlightIntegrator"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\NetherdyneAerospace"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\PersistentRotation"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\scatterer"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Squad"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\TweakScale"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\WarpPlugin"

following is my Magic smoke industries file path

Spoiler

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\Sounds"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\SupportedLicenses"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\InfernalRobotics.version"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\IR_TweakScale.cfg"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\LICENSE.md"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\AssetBundles"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\Flags"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\IRActiveStruts"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\Parts"
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\Plugins"

@Infleto, IR Sequencer is not properly installed:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\IRSequencer"

That should be inside this folder:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries"

Path for IRSequencer should look like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\IRSequencer"

Couple of posts above is quoted post with links and install procedures. IIRC, same can be found somewhere on Github too.
Try to reinstall everything in regards of IR. Please note that latest core IR release does not contain parts, so you have to combine older releases with latest ones to have everything in working order. Just read instructions in mentioned post more closely and don't rush with install procedure.

On 5/24/2017 at 10:27 AM, kcs123 said:

Looks like another autostrut issue. Turn on autostrut visualisation trough debug/cheat menu  to help you with this. Autostrut comes from that landing gear being too close to ramp/hinges. Unfortunately there is no way to turn off autostrut on wheels, so you have to figure out some workaround of this. There is several posts about similar issue and workarounds for it in this IR thread and WIP IR thread about it. You can also check links in my signature, I posted info about it too as it is quickly buried in forum thread.

Tried it. As you can see in the video below, no autostruts anywhere near the hinge or whatever is attached to it.

I thought at first the problem could be me using procedural wings from B9 as ramps, but anything I try to attach to ANY type of hinge, result is the same.

https://youtu.be/WKRw5fmC5TU

Edit: just tried another way to load cargo by placing a very large adjustable rail on the ceiling of the cargo compartment, so when fully extended

it comes about 5m out of the nose, and on the tip of it, a telescopic piston with a docking port at the end, so I could lower it to whatever cargo I need to grab and "winch" it up and in.

Again, works wonderfully in the hangar. But once I launch and try to move any of the two parts, everything goes boom. I love IR but I just can't make it work.

Trying to find a third way to load cargo now. =/

Edited by JeeF

@JeeF, try with foldatrons from IR reworked parts. I didn't see before on first screenshot that you were using old legacy part pack. Other peoples were reported issues with legacy parts, although I don't recall specifics is it same issue like you have. Anyhow, KSP have chenged a lot (game engine changes) since those parts were made and it is not possible for anyone to fix them due to lack of original source files for those models/parts.

12 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

@JeeF, try with foldatrons from IR reworked parts. I didn't see before on first screenshot that you were using old legacy part pack. Other peoples were reported issues with legacy parts, although I don't recall specifics is it same issue like you have. Anyhow, KSP have chenged a lot (game engine changes) since those parts were made and it is not possible for anyone to fix them due to lack of original source files for those models/parts.

Wasn't aware of it, ty for the tips, I'll try the new parts (already have them installed)

Ok, now I'm depressed.

I'm connecting ANY part to ANY part using ANY hinge (legacy or reworked) and the result is the same:

Works fine in the hangar, but once launched the hinge bends but the attached parts are solid in space,

and the whole structure starts bending out of shape and eventually everything explodes. There are no struts/autostruts.

Has anything to do with using:

Tweakscale

Procedural Wings/Parts

Realism Overhaul

?

I'll try reinstalling the mod later, right now I'm gonna go kill myself

I'm not using tweakscale at all, I am using procedural, not realism.  I saw something suggesting to tweak some settings such as KASModuleMagnet etc... but frankly, I've not messed with mods at all, not sure which config file to find this under.

Good point, KJR could be the culprit. 

What version are you using now? 

Edit: ok, did a search for KJR in this topic and found my answers, ty for pointing it out.

Edited by JeeF

I am running into an attachment problem wit the IR Rotatron.  The top port of the IR Rotatron attaches just fine, however for the life of me I can not get the bottom portion to attach to anything other than a Cubic Octagonal Strut.  I've tried symmetry and mirror methods.  I have also tried both surface and disabling surface attachment.  When placing the part there is an attachment node visible on the top and bottom.  Anyone have any clue?

9 minutes ago, Nokosi1736 said:

Hey does this mod not work for, v1.3 because I can but it in and I can place the joints, but can't control them

Read the version numbers in the title of the thread please. Any mod that's more than just a parts pack is broken in KSP 1.3.

This one has been broken since KSP 1.2

Edited by JadeOfMaar

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Read the version numbers in the title of the thread please. Any mod that's more than just a parts pack is broken in KSP 1.3.

This one has been broken since KSP 1.2

Not true. It has been patched for 1.2.2.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.