1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

On 5/30/2017 at 0:49 AM, Ziw said:

KSP 1.3 recompile

@ZiwKerman ZiwKerman released this just now

(Almost) No code changes, just a recompile for 1.3

Downloads

Thank you, I saw the comments on here being rather new and talking about other problems, so I knew there was something for it to make it work just not what it was. thank you again.

On 31/05/2017 at 9:02 AM, Nokosi1736 said:

Thank you, I saw the comments on here being rather new and talking about other problems, so I knew there was something for it to make it work just not what it was. thank you again.

Except there wasn't.  Those comments were about the version for 1.2.2.  Some people are still playing older versions and they still talk about them.  What you "knew" - implicitly, that there was already a compile for 1.3 - wasn't true until after you posted.

I've just made the leap to KSP 1.3. It is a fresh install.

What's the current recommended way of installing IR? I followed the instructions for the previous version of KSP to the best of my ability, but the game crashes during the loading phase.

8 hours ago, mechanicH said:

Just out of curiosity ..and sorry for the dumb question...but do i put in the PARTS in on my own as a separate DL, or does it come with the IR DL.  Beccause i installed this but i have no parts showing up.

Same problem here. Before the recompile KSP was crashing. Now it opens but IR parts are unaccessible and old vessels using IR parts are impossible to open

9 hours ago, mechanicH said:

but do i put in the PARTS in on my own as a separate DL

Yes. Legacy parts are not possible to fix due to lack of source files to edit and fix them. New parts from ZodiousInfuser are still in beta stage of development, so those were not included either. Just core plugin that allow those parts to move as desired/UI and other common thing for any IR a like part that use this plugin.

So, you have to download use parts from previous releases of IR. Order of install is pretty much same as it was trough KSP 1.2.2. only you use IR core pack for KSP 1.3. and do not install sequencer until it is updated for 1.3.

Hello,

I have downloaded the Core Pack and the new parts pack, however when I launch KSP, it crashes.  This only happens when I have the new parts pack, when I keep the core pack and nothing else IR related, it works fine.  Can I get some help?

Best,

Slntreaper/TwinKerbal

On 2017-6-2 at 10:49 PM, Kerman Russ said:

I've just made the leap to KSP 1.3. It is a fresh install.

What's the current recommended way of installing IR? I followed the instructions for the previous version of KSP to the best of my ability, but the game crashes during the loading phase.

Not known pal, though youre not the only one. 

Anyone who experiences crashing due to Rework package installed - delete the file 

GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\Parts\Rework_Utility\Plugins\IRSurfaceSampler.dll

This should get you through the loading.

1 hour ago, Ziw said:

Anyone who experiences crashing due to Rework package installed - delete the file 

GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\Parts\Rework_Utility\Plugins\IRSurfaceSampler.dll

This should get you through the loading.

It's not working. Game still crash.

Edited by Rogirgg

3 minutes ago, Rogirgg said:

I don't know where is crash log. Maybe it's

There is not a single mention of Infernal Robotics in this log, just a bunch of other mods.

10 minutes ago, Ziw said:

There is not a single mention of Infernal Robotics in this log, just a bunch of other mods.

Spoiler

KSP: 1.3.0 Windows 64bit

Problem: Game is crashing

Mods installed:

Infernal Robotics 2.0.11

Rework repack 1.1.2

Module Manager 2.8.0

Reproduction steps:

Run the game

Log:

Output_log.txt

All the rules

2 minutes ago, Rogirgg said:
  Reveal hidden contents

KSP: 1.3.0 Windows 64bit

Problem: Game is crashing

Mods installed:

Infernal Robotics 2.0.11

Rework repack 1.1.2

Module Manager 2.8.0

Reproduction steps:

Run the game

Log:

Output_log.txt

All the rules

Please try deleting MagicSmokeIndustries/IRActiveStruts/Plugins/ActiveStruts.dll

It is very obsolete and most likely the cause of the problems.

18 minutes ago, Ziw said:

Please try deleting MagicSmokeIndustries/IRActiveStruts/Plugins/ActiveStruts.dll

It is very obsolete and most likely the cause of the problems.

Yes, game has run, but some parts are missing. And don't working gui menu, it's all parts:

LrtXs3k.png

On June 6, 2017 at 8:43 AM, Rogirgg said:

Yes, thanks. All working. But wheels are missing. Are they must be? 

The wheels have been broken since 1.0.5 I believe. They have not been updated to use the new KSPWheel.dll as it didn't exist when @ZodiusInfuser originally built them.

Thank you for all your hard work keeping the lights turned on @Ziw really appreciate'cha brother man!

Edited by V8jester

For those having trouble getting this installed.  I collected all the updated files and finally figured out how to install them so that they work with KSP 1.3.  I haven't tested every part or every situation but it seems to be working fine on every part I've used.  I have no issues with game crashing on startup or while using the parts.  So it seems stable.  I zipped my "GameData" folder with the Infernal Robotics files compatible with KSP 1.3.  So its a simple unzip process then drag and drop to your main KSP folder just like you would install most mods.  It will then put everything where it needs to be.  However.  I can't figure out how to post a file here for you to download.  If anyone can help me with that I don't mind sharing this zip.

Try this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4_8RoxoNurOeExVVTI1ai1CRE0/view?usp=sharing

Download the zip, unzip it directly into your KSP main directory,  The files in the folder should land right where they are supposed to be.  This is intended for KSP 1.3 nothing else.  If you have other infernal robotics components installed I recommend deleting or moving them before attempting to install this.  I will not do any troubleshooting if this doesn't work for you.  It works for me that's all i can say.

Edited by TechRon

17 hours ago, TechRon said:

For those having trouble getting this installed.  I collected all the updated files and finally figured out how to install them so that they work with KSP 1.3.  I havn't tested every part or every situation but it seems to be working fine on every part I've used.  I have no issues with game crashing on startup or while using the parts.  So it seems stable.  I zipped my "GameData" folder with the Infernal Robotics files compatible with KSP 1.3.  So its a simple unzip process then drag and drop to your main KSP folder just like you would install most mods.  It will then put everything where it needs to be.  However.  I can't figure out how to post a file here for you to download.  If anyone can help me with that I dont mind sharing this zip.

dropbox?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.