1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

3 hours ago, desepticon said:

It's not. Anti-virus software is notorious making false positives with DLLs.

cool, thought so.. just gotta get it ignored then (I'm an old man... Who is scared of the digital world...) 

Edited by mox313

https://youtu.be/rUsDPUXFPpE

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sqgt0gvhkmpp0zk/AAAHl-kMv3co--71IWzkcbP8a?dl=0

Docking Washer Standard - works flawlessly in the SPH, but in flight it only moves partially, pulls parts apart and gets stuck - on ground it would make the craft move across the surface even.

HiRumBo.jpg

Edited by KerbMav

2 hours ago, KerbMav said:

https://youtu.be/rUsDPUXFPpE

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sqgt0gvhkmpp0zk/AAAHl-kMv3co--71IWzkcbP8a?dl=0

Docking Washer Standard - works flawlessly in the SPH, but in flight it only moves partially, pulls parts apart and gets stuck - on ground it would make the craft move across the surface even.

HiRumBo.jpg

What do you have the washers scaled to? Typically they won't work over like 150% of its original size. That's why the rework parts are limited in scalability.

Also, are you using Autostruts / are you sure there are no auto strut connections between the moving nacelles and the main ship?

Lastly, are you using the newest version of KJR?

8 minutes ago, V8jester said:

What do you have the washers scaled to? Typically they won't work over like 150% of its original size. That's why the rework parts are limited in scalability.

Also, are you using Autostruts / are you sure there are no auto strut connections between the moving nacelles and the main ship?

Lastly, are you using the newest version of KJR?

Scaled to fit 2.5m.

The video should show the struts via the ALT-F12 menu - none.

No KJR installed.

17 hours ago, KerbMav said:

The video should show the struts via the ALT-F12 menu - none.

Video is set to private, can't tell anything without watching, but most of time it was autostrut issue somewhere.

8 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

Video is set to private, can't tell anything without watching, but most of time it was autostrut issue somewhere.

Argh... sorry, still new at this youtube stuff. Should work now.
Yet I am quite sure to have removed all struts crossing the washer.

2 hours ago, KerbMav said:

Yet I am quite sure to have removed all struts crossing the washer.

You have landing legs quite close to washer. You can't remove autostrut from landing legs and it is possible that autostrut lines goes trough strut part making it hard to spot.

You got landing leg -> structural part -> washer. Try with one more part between, like this:
landing leg -> structural part -> second structural part ->washer

You can try it on launchpad with same crfaft, but instead of landing leg use structural parts that simulate legs. I'm 99% sure that landing legs cause issue.

EDIT:

On picture on the ground, it does not show landing legs, but engines are touching grounds and joints on washer might be too weak to support weight of whole craft. Try to use launching clamps or structural parts instead of landing legs to raise craft above ground. With some clearance from ground washer should work as intended, but joints on washer might be too weak.
That is why KJR is recommended, but you should make sure that you use latest KJR that is known to work.

Edited by kcs123

1 hour ago, kcs123 said:

You got landing leg -> structural part -> washer. Try with one more part between, like this:
landing leg -> structural part -> second structural part ->washer

One of my iterations had that and I tested all of them on the runway and in space.

In the end it was indeed the resized/tweaked washers, the work fine in their out-of-the-box size.

Thanks.

Edited by KerbMav

19 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

Is this a 1.3 version?

Also does this mod only appear in the late parts of the tech tree?

Follow the download and install instructions in the first post on this page (93) - it works for 1.3 yes.

The parts are about half way in or so I think.

9 minutes ago, Darkfedor said:

Hi, how to make strong sweep variable wings ?

Improved example:

Link for craft files are in my signature, there is several similar examples in craft exchange thread from other users and some in this thread  too. Use google or forum search function for it.

I didn't have time to re-make it for 1.3. but you can eyeball parts and positions based on pictures for your own version.
Require some time and practice to make it, that is why I made it around structural parts, to be able re-using it on almost any craft around.

I've been having problems with IR parts shifting position - on craft reload, hinges/servos will be offset from where they should be by a meter or so:

U6kQD1I.png
(the rotators should be on the ends of the struts)

No kjr, no autostruts, rework parts, KSP1.3... many mods. I'll try tomorrow to get a light IR install and reproduce... But anyone else had this?

1 hour ago, Rodger said:

No kjr, no autostruts, rework parts, KSP1.3... many mods. I'll try tomorrow to get a light IR install and reproduce... But anyone else had this?

There was similar issue in the past. IIRC, it was related with time warp in flight and with craft that have IR parts. Most probably some interaction between IR and some other mod is caused this again. Previous bug with timewarp should be fixed, but can't tell for sure.

39 minutes ago, HaydenTheKing said:

downloaded and installed 2.011 through CKAN.  I do not see infernal robotics parts in my game, version 1.3.  Is infernal robotics not supported yet, and if not why is it on CKAN?

** sigh **

It is not on CKAN because current version still got some issues and it is in BETA phase. How long it will be in beta depends on modders and their available free time. It might happen again that KSP update sooner.

Meanwhile, step by step instruction how to install IR manually is one page back:

While some of features are not properly updated for 1.3. most of it work properly for decent craft designs. Some of us are happy to get it working to this degree.

30 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

** sigh **

It is not on CKAN because current version still got some issues and it is in BETA phase. How long it will be in beta depends on modders and their available free time. It might happen again that KSP update sooner.

Meanwhile, step by step instruction how to install IR manually is one page back:

While some of features are not properly updated for 1.3. most of it work properly for decent craft designs. Some of us are happy to get it working to this degree.

it is on CKAN though that probably where the confusion is coming from.

On 8/23/2017 at 9:34 AM, Rodger said:

I've been having problems with IR parts shifting position - on craft reload, hinges/servos will be offset from where they should be by a meter or so:

U6kQD1I.png
(the rotators should be on the ends of the struts)

I get similar issues with all stock parts craft as well. IIRC bug with KSP itself, engine and heat shield shrouds misaligned at a times.

Edited by agrasyuk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.