1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

I'm trying to get this mod to work in 1.3 but I'm not having any luck. I've tried both CKAN and the traditional method of installation. I see the robotics button in the VAB but no robotics parts are available and they do not appear anywhere in the tech tree. I'm using the community tech tree. Also, when the robotics button is clicked in VAB it has no effect. Does this issue sound familiar?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Cawdeen said:

I'm trying to get this mod to work in 1.3 but I'm not having any luck. I've tried both CKAN and the traditional method of installation. I see the robotics button in the VAB but no robotics parts are available and they do not appear anywhere in the tech tree. I'm using the community tech tree. Also, when the robotics button is clicked in VAB it has no effect. Does this issue sound familiar?

Thanks

Hi did you follow the install instructions and procedure  laid out in the post below. ?

Yes, many times. I've also tried every combination of legacy/1.3, legacy/1.3.1, reworked/1.3, rework/1.3.1, rework and legacy together in both the 1.3 and 1.3.1 releases and its basically the same result every time. The IR button in in the VAB is there (the one that lets you move the actuators) but the parts category is not there. Ultimately I am able to see the parts in the tech tree now, its just I dont have the category in the VAB. A few random parts for IR show up in the Utilities category but the rest of the IR parts I've researched wont show up. Is there some sort of config file alteration that maybe is not included in those instructions to allow the rest of the parts to show up in the VAB or place the IR part category button on the left hand side of the screen.

13 hours ago, Ballsmcgeeee said:

I got IR working, all the parts work ( I tested it manually) but there is no ui and it is extremely difficult to use without one. Anyone know the problem? 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi is that bug still present in the recompiled version linked in the post below ?

If so it's a tiny one line fix in the code. Perhaps Ziw was unaware of the last minute change.

I've noticed under the 'Editor' section of some of the parts config files there is the word 'category' and it says "none". Does this have anything to do with parts not showing up?

// --- Editor Parameters ---
TechRequired = actuators
entryCost = 7800
cost = 250
category = none
subcategory = 0
title = Joint Pivotron - Basic
manufacturer = Magic Smoke Industries
description = Annoyed by your rusty old hinges? Throw them back on the junkyard you picked them up from and treat yourself to shiny new Pivotrons from MSI, shipping with multiple preset positions! This part is able to rotate from -90 to +90 degrees at 20.0 deg/s.

1 hour ago, Cawdeen said:

I've noticed under the 'Editor' section of some of the parts config files there is the word 'category' and it says "none". Does this have anything to do with parts not showing up?

// --- Editor Parameters ---
TechRequired = actuators
entryCost = 7800
cost = 250
category = none
subcategory = 0
title = Joint Pivotron - Basic
manufacturer = Magic Smoke Industries
description = Annoyed by your rusty old hinges? Throw them back on the junkyard you picked them up from and treat yourself to shiny new Pivotrons from MSI, shipping with multiple preset positions! This part is able to rotate from -90 to +90 degrees at 20.0 deg/s.

Hi the none is used when the mod creator wishes to have all his parts appear under his own mods tab, and not be mixed in with other parts.  It's not a bug or a mistake,  Though right now with the gui issue meaning there isn't a  category created  for them , in effect it does disable those parts.

8 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi the none is used when the mod creator wishes to have all his parts appear under his own mods tab, and not be mixed in with other parts.  It's not a bug or a mistake,  Though right now with the gui issue meaning there isn't a  category created  for them , in effect it does disable those parts.

^ This. IR searches for all parts that use the plugin and puts them under the Robotics tab, but cannot remove them from their existing tab, hence them intentionally not being assigned a category. This used to be a fairly robust feature, but a lot has changed with KSP over the past few years. Hopefully the pull request will fix it once Ziw gets chance to look at it.

6 hours ago, Cawdeen said:

There is NO functioning version of IR currently for 1.3?

There are releases on github for both 1.3 and 1.3.1, but the GUI has... issues. These will soon be resolved. You did look on github, right?

Hello, my name is Pavel. And please ask for help.
I'm building an orbital station in KSP and I joined it with an IR-folding shuttle. At the end of my shoulder I have a small docking port from Contares (Graple fixture). Can I use this docking port to transfer / move modules from one port to another station port on the other? (I use the Clamp O-tron docking port to connect the modules). For now, I have a problem with the fact that if I do this, I can not save or leave the game using the standard menu - just Alt + F4 and then everything from over again, but it can not save again. Otherwise, to capture the satellite (I did a mission with the Hubble telescope) in the space with the shoulder port it works normally. Is it possible that the problem is caused by several docking ports used on one module at a time?

My version of KSP is 1.3.0, I use KJR mode.

Translated using gogle translator, my English is not quite good :)

Thank you for understanding

Edited by KSPpajas

7 hours ago, KSPpajas said:

Is it possible that the problem is caused by several docking ports used on one module at a time?

Yes, it is well known issue. There is more info about it burried somewhere in forums. IIRC, issue can be avoided to some degree if you avoid to use IR parts directly with dock ports.

Try with combination:   some_structural_part-> IR part -> some_structural_part->dock port       and on other side dock port <-some_structural_part<-IR_part<-other parts

One of twich streamers made a video with testing of candarms made of IR parts long time ago, might still be possible to find it on youtube how it is possible to avoid docking issues with docking parts and IR parts.

12 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Yes, it is well known issue. There is more info about it burried somewhere in forums. IIRC, issue can be avoided to some degree if you avoid to use IR parts directly with dock ports.

Try with combination:   some_structural_part-> IR part -> some_structural_part->dock port       and on other side dock port <-some_structural_part<-IR_part<-other parts

One of twich streamers made a video with testing of candarms made of IR parts long time ago, might still be possible to find it on youtube how it is possible to avoid docking issues with docking parts and IR parts.

Oh yes... that's very well known and unsolvable (because of how IR is made and how Unity works... that doesn't fit together... never).

I made some tests in the past weeks (too many tests... hours of tests... even days) and I did create a new mod now that can handle this. I'm currently trying to integrate it into the IR project (so that we could use the same UI and at least some of the interfaces) ... should be ready soon.

On 25. 10. 2017 at 9:39 PM, kcs123 said:

Thank you :) 

On ‎28‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 2:24 AM, Rudolf Meier said:

ok... it's moving... now I try to find a way to integrate IK... maybe I've to add an additional vector to the definition, but that shouldn't be a big problem... I hope that I can start first beta tests after this weekend...

:P sometimes it freaks out... the movement itself is ok (more or less... sometimes it stopps between 0.01 and 0.02 degrees to early) but IK still gives some strange commands (sometimes) ... and then everything starts oscillating ... not very difficult, but takes some time to fix ... but I'll report when I'm ready. The main problem I have is, that I don't understand those debuggers. The breakpoints don't work how think the should. I'm not used to work with C#... normally I'm coding in C/C++ ... but it's just a matter of some days. But, in case someone is interested in beta testing, then I'd be happy to get a message.

Edit: ok... I was wrong... the main problem (again) is Unity... the oscillation comes from Unity and currently I don't know why. I can reduce it by making the joint motor super powerfull, but that doesn't make sense to me. Anyway... I'll start a test series to figuere out how the problem works...

I guess the problem is, that Unity freaks out when I give the command to turn just a little bit (less than 1 degrees) ... and, strangely it doesn't recover from the problem once it oscillated away from the center (it get's worse and worse... and my program does nothing else than telling him to go back to position xy) ... very strange :-) ...

Edited by Rudolf Meier

1 hour ago, ss8913 said:

so I'm confused.. 2.0.14 is the plugin/core.. where are the parts?

This is MM (Module Manager) You need this for almost every mod in KSP

Trust me, If you fallowed "all" my instructions. all the links are current as well as functional in 1.3

IR for 1.3 / KJR issues

List of IR download files to work with KSP 1.3

Remove "Active struts" as well as "strut" Folders" they are currently incompatible with KSP 1.3 - Unless you opt to use the unofficial Recompiled .dll linked below

Steps to install Infernal Robotics

1) Install Core Download which is the plugin and "core Files" of IR  (No parts are in this download)

2) Install Parts Pack (Legacy is the original parts, and Rework are the new white parts. You can have both installed if you wish)

3) Remove folders "IRActiveStruts" and "Struts" as they are currently incompatible

4) Optional -  If you wish to use the Surface sampler - Install the Surfacesampler.dll linked below into GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins

5) Optional  - KJR unofficial recompile will work with KSP 1.3 and IR 2.0.12 - Linked below

6) Optional - KAS Magnet / Grasper Breaking? Increase "breakForce" under the KAS module in the part cfg to "= 999"

7) Optional - Unofficial recompile of Active Struts Plugin linked below. Curtesy of Whale_2

Core Download

Infernal Robotics (Ziw) 2.0.12

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases

Parts / Plugin

Legacy Parts (Ziw)

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.0/IR-LegacyParts.zip

IR Rework Parts (Zodiusinfuser) - See Active Struts notes above

https://mega.nz/#!rdlHkLAJ!ZizDvd8s7zCIG529FtO8b7wM0avJ8yC3pldIaf6BGFw 

Surface Sampler dll (DMagic) - Place into "MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins"

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/IR-Surface-Sampler/tree/master/GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins

Active Struts Plugin Unofficial Recompile (Whale_2)

https://github.com/whale2/Active-Struts/releases/tag/1.1.0-1

Utility

Thread Link For IR Sequencer (Ziw) 

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Official GitHub Repository (Ferram4) - https://github.com/ferram4/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/releases

Unofficial Recompile For 1.3 (siimav) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxowaRaYHkjddHc2T28zWEdLcjQ/view

Please feel free to repost / update this list every so often to help a lot of the new comers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.