1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

On 10/31/2017 at 12:11 AM, HZ1 said:

Help I have no interface appears in Infernal robotics. versions 1.3

Clean install might help.

This is what typically happens if you have files from the IR mod in your KSP root directory... found out by experience.

Make sure you don't have multiple copies of IR files.

1 hour ago, Dr_Goddard said:

Clean install might help.

This is what typically happens if you have files from the IR mod in your KSP root directory... found out by experience.

Make sure you don't have multiple copies of IR files.

thank

I just wanted to thank you for the vid demonstrating the features of the mod.  I never actually used this mod before because.... Quite frankly, I found it intimidating, but if I could have understood it before, it would have made life soooo much easier.  Thank you!  

Edited by Fizwalker

I had to leave KSP for a while, then tried to load my year-old designs but failed. Tell please what's wrong?

Looks bizarre. A part is loaded but is not available for a weird reason. It seems that every design using IRHinge* parts cannot be loaded anymore for me. The hinge parts themselves are operational.

04F823360F3EE0DC05D928D6FCBD84358119380A

A brief excerpt follows:

[ERR 19:48:10.097] [ShipConstruct]: Trying to load My_Ship-13 - No AvailablePart found for IRHingeTallScaleable

[ERR 19:48:10.097] [ShipTemplate]: Could not locate root part in My_Ship-13 as 7 entries remain after eliminating all parts listed as children. This is probably wrong.

[ERR 19:48:10.114] [ShipConstruct]: Trying to load My_Ship-14 - No AvailablePart found for IRHingeTallScaleable

[ERR 19:48:10.115] [ShipConstruct]: Trying to load My_Ship-14 - No AvailablePart found for IRHingeTallScaleable

[ERR 19:48:10.115] [ShipConstruct]: Trying to load My_Ship-14 - No AvailablePart found for IRHingeTallScaleable

[ERR 19:48:10.116] [ShipConstruct]: Trying to load My_Ship-14 - No AvailablePart found for IRHingeTallScaleable

[ERR 19:48:10.116] [ShipConstruct]: Trying to load My_Ship-14 - No AvailablePart found for IRHingeTallScaleable

[ERR 19:48:10.116] [ShipTemplate]: Could not locate root part in My_Ship-14 as 7 entries remain after eliminating all parts listed as children. This is probably wrong.

[ERR 19:48:10.140] [ShipConstruct]: Trying to load My_Ship-5 - No AvailablePart found for IRHingeTallScaleable

[ERR 19:48:10.141] [ShipConstruct]: Trying to load My_Ship-5 - No AvailablePart found for IRHingeTallScaleable

Both IRHingeTallScaleable and IRHingeTallNDScaleable are broken this way.

2 hours ago, _Astra_ said:

-snip-

Looks bizarre. A part is loaded but is not available for a weird reason. It seems that every design using IRHinge* parts cannot be loaded anymore for me. 

Both IRHingeTallScaleable and IRHingeTallNDScaleable are broken this way.

I believe you are missing the legacy parts folder. You loaded all the new stuff but didn't install the old pre "rework" parts.

I can use these parts, these hinges are in the database.

Tell please which pre-rework parts do i need exactly? There is a lot of "pre" stuff between 2.0 and 2.0.4, i have both Legacy and Updated parts, only hinges fail but because these two were the only hinges everything fails.

Edited by _Astra_
typo

This *MAY* be a problem with the part CFG files themselves.
There was a breaking change made to some of the CFG files about a year and a half ago.
Specifically the part names of some legacy parts were changed in the CFG files I suppose for consistency or perhaps compatibility with the sequencer or something. 
In any case, you would either have to fix the names in the config files, which might break something else, or make the ships over again.
There is a program that might let you edit the part names inside your craft files.
This could be very tricky, but might work.
https://kerbaledit.codeplex.com/

Dear Community,

for some reason I can't seem to get IR to work. I'm running the 1.2.2 compatible version ( "VERSION": {
    "MAJOR": 2,
    "MINOR": 0,
    "PATCH": 10)

I do see the parts in the VAB, I can add and manipulate them in there as well. However, as soon as I launch the vehicle, the parts only move very little and change the position of attached parts very little. I have tried using autostrut and no autostrut, ridig attachment on and off. What am I doing wrong?

1 hour ago, CaiusIuliusCaesar said:

Dear Community,

for some reason I can't seem to get IR to work. I'm running the 1.2.2 compatible version ( "VERSION": {
    "MAJOR": 2,
    "MINOR": 0,
    "PATCH": 10)

I do see the parts in the VAB, I can add and manipulate them in there as well. However, as soon as I launch the vehicle, the parts only move very little and change the position of attached parts very little. I have tried using autostrut and no autostrut, ridig attachment on and off. What am I doing wrong?

Maybe you have kjr? the way you describe it sounds like parts are strutted to somewhere.

17 minutes ago, qromodynmc said:

Maybe you have kjr? the way you describe it sounds like parts are strutted to somewhere.

I do have Interstellar Extended Installed, however I specially did NOT copy the folder called "KerbalJointReinforcement" into the Gamedata folder. Also, I have to reinforce all of my ships as in stock, so I believe that I do not have the KJR function installed. Here's a list of mods I'm using ATM:

- KSPIE

-KAS and KIS

- KER

- kOS

- Galileo's Planet Pack

-Firespitter Core

- Various USI mods: MKS, Construction, MKS LS

-SCANSAT

-Tweakscale

-EVE

- Kerbal Alarm Clock

- Persistent Rotation

-Bon Voyage

Is there any way we can get the contents of the referenced post edited into the first page first or second post?

On 10/30/2017 at 9:03 PM, Dr_Goddard said:

This is MM (Module Manager) You need this for almost every mod in KSP

Trust me, If you fallowed "all" my instructions. all the links are current as well as functional in 1.3

IR for 1.3 / KJR issues

List of IR download files to work with KSP 1.3

Remove "Active struts" as well as "strut" Folders" they are currently incompatible with KSP 1.3 - Unless you opt to use the unofficial Recompiled .dll linked below

Steps to install Infernal Robotics

1) Install Core Download which is the plugin and "core Files" of IR  (No parts are in this download)

2) Install Parts Pack (Legacy is the original parts, and Rework are the new white parts. You can have both installed if you wish)

3) Remove folders "IRActiveStruts" and "Struts" as they are currently incompatible

4) Optional -  If you wish to use the Surface sampler - Install the Surfacesampler.dll linked below into GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins

5) Optional  - KJR unofficial recompile will work with KSP 1.3 and IR 2.0.12 - Linked below

6) Optional - KAS Magnet / Grasper Breaking? Increase "breakForce" under the KAS module in the part cfg to "= 999"

7) Optional - Unofficial recompile of Active Struts Plugin linked below. Curtesy of Whale_2

Core Download

Infernal Robotics (Ziw) 2.0.12

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases

Parts / Plugin

Legacy Parts (Ziw)

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.0/IR-LegacyParts.zip

IR Rework Parts (Zodiusinfuser) - See Active Struts notes above

https://mega.nz/#!rdlHkLAJ!ZizDvd8s7zCIG529FtO8b7wM0avJ8yC3pldIaf6BGFw 

Surface Sampler dll (DMagic) - Place into "MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins"

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/IR-Surface-Sampler/tree/master/GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins

Active Struts Plugin Unofficial Recompile (Whale_2)

https://github.com/whale2/Active-Struts/releases/tag/1.1.0-1

Utility

Thread Link For IR Sequencer (Ziw) 

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Official GitHub Repository (Ferram4) - https://github.com/ferram4/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/releases

Unofficial Recompile For 1.3 (siimav) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxowaRaYHkjddHc2T28zWEdLcjQ/view

Please feel free to repost / update this list every so often to help a lot of the new comers

14 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

Is there any way we can get the contents of the referenced post edited into the first page first or second post?

Unfortunately, no. Sirkut is not being active for a while and current mod maintaners can't edit first post. Maybe some of forum moderators are able to edit OP, but it is less likely to happen. Creating new thread by someone else is not way too good idea until someone with more free time take a torch and continue development. Currently we have to be happy for Ziw and Zodiusinfuser to be able to create "simple" recompile after each KSP update.

5 hours ago, QuentinPlaysMC said:

I downloaded this on CKAN and there are no infernal robotics parts? Do you know why?

Welcome to forums. Info about it is buried on previous page:

Never enough of reposting of same post.

Ok, so I installed both the legacy and the rework packs, and legacy works just fine, but only the utility parts (samplers, graspotrons, ect.) of the rework pack appear in the editor. (So no foldatrons or anything) (I deleted the activestruts.dll as it said to do)

Edited by QuentinPlaysMC

Hey there, I'm wondering why the tab to control the parts isn't appearing. The parts are there, just that they are basically useless without it. As in the tab, I mean the one in the Bottom / Top Right of the screen. I have KSP version 1.3.1

Edited by JackTheWap
Important Content Missing

1 hour ago, JackTheWap said:

I downloaded Magic Smoke Industries and nothing else into my Game Data folder..

You also need module manager plugin or MM in short. In essence MM is plugin that allows mods from different authors to exist side by side without steping on each other toe. Meaning, that there is no need to overwrite exact same files, each mod can have it's own files and folders, but MM is necessary to read each folder and apply changes in game memory so all mods can take effect in game.

i don't have wheels and those robotic legs which was on rework version  youtube trailer.

Does anyone has it ? 

I've used those instructions and installed the mod without any major problems so far. It is working but it seems i don't have few parts that i wanted to. :(

Edited by Thrandir

Is it possible to use IR pistons and rotatrons as springs? I'm trying to work out independent suspension for a superheavy rover, and this video caught my eye. 

I duplicated a rotatron and set its jointSpring to a couple values between 1 and 200, but it just went limp every time. I know the video is ancient, but I really hope something similar is possible.

1 hour ago, Ultraturbopanda said:

Is it possible to use IR pistons and rotatrons as springs? I'm trying to work out independent suspension for a superheavy rover, and this video caught my eye. 

I duplicated a rotatron and set its jointSpring to a couple values between 1 and 200, but it just went limp every time. I know the video is ancient, but I really hope something similar is possible.

Probably you can't but maybe you might be able to do it, u will need IRSequencer. Then you have to spend lot of time to work it out. So i won't recommend to do it.

Edited by Thrandir

IR wheels are broken for some time due to KSP wheel code changes in latest KSP version.

It is possible to create custom suspension, however, you must not place stock wheels next to any IR part due to autostrut from wheels that could not be disabled.
You need to place wheels in apropriate manner to avoid autostruting on IR parts. Autostrut visualisation from debug menu can help a lot with your designs.

Instead of using powered IR part, I have used free moving IR parts to create Rocker Bogie Rover on this picture:

x0jxp7l.jpg

I no longer have better pictures, but above rover is on the edge of slope change. It is capable to climb on hills up to 70 slope degree.

EDIT:

You can find more info trough imgur albums in this post:

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/98186-kcs-spaceplanes-craft-repository/&page=2&tab=comments#comment-2897642

Edited by kcs123

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.