>keeps going
>looked into Robotics tab in the parts list
>nothing.jpg
anyone?
MM won't detect my IR
i installed it via CKAN
plox
tq

It`s a little bit offtopic but I have a problem with some old parts from MikeNZ for the Shuttle. The IR-part of the Parts is working but the BaseParts is flipping around 180° when I launch a vessel. Here are some Screenshots:

https://imgur.com/a/XURw0

Does anyone know how to fix this by myself?

Edited by Cheesecake

1 hour ago, Cheesecake said:

It`s a little bit offtopic but I have a problem with some old parts from MikeNZ for the Shuttle. The IR-part of the Parts is working but the BaseParts is flipping around 180° when I launch a vessel. Here are some Screenshots:

IIRC some of old parts cause such issues. Devs can't do much about it because original model files were not available. You might have better luck with new IR reworked pack from Zodiusinfuser.

• 2 weeks later...

My Infernal Robotics parts don't show up in the editor anymore... They show up in the R&D building under the "Actuators" node (that I have researched), but the parts don't show up.

Is it possible that the Community Category Kit screws up with how IR adds its own category? Would I need a MM patch to create a custom category for IR?

Something fishy is going on. There is several reports for missing robotic parts in SPH editor, while for others works just fine. It is possible that some other mod have interfered in this, but to iron it down, more info will be necessary and more effort from user side.

It is best to make a KSP copy in separate folder and install mods one by one until you find out which one is culprit. Start only with MM and essentials for IR, check out if it works properly in game and after that add other mods. Check out each time in game if you got all IR parts after you install some other mod. It is a bit of tedious work, but hardly will anyone come out with proper solution until mod that cause such issue is isolated.

5 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Something fishy is going on. There is several reports for missing robotic parts in SPH editor, while for others works just fine. It is possible that some other mod have interfered in this, but to iron it down, more info will be necessary and more effort from user side.

It is best to make a KSP copy in separate folder and install mods one by one until you find out which one is culprit. Start only with MM and essentials for IR, check out if it works properly in game and after that add other mods. Check out each time in game if you got all IR parts after you install some other mod. It is a bit of tedious work, but hardly will anyone come out with proper solution until mod that cause such issue is isolated.

That's weird... I made a copy and in the GameData folder, I only kept the "Squad", "MagicSmokeIndustries" folders and ModuleManager.3.0.1.dll.

I was expecting this to be the starting point where things work, but here's what I can see in the VAB in a fresh sandbox game:

Spoiler

1654779978.jpg

Only a few parts (those that wouldn't show up in the Robotics category) appear, yet the debug menu shows all the parts in the database.

I'll retry the installation steps of IR manually and see if there are any differences.

Edit1: After a clean install of the core (without any parts), the "Robotic" category now shows up, but it's still empty because I have not installed any part pack. I also wiped a couple of config files that were lying around, not sure if that had any effect.

Edit2: Well now I feel stupid... It turns out I had version 2.0.12 of IRCore, instead of the latest 2.0.14. It works fine with 2.0.14, nothing to see here!

Edited by Samapico

• 2 weeks later...

for those who are stiff confused about making this work in 1.3.1 here is everything done for you just download, drag and drop and you are ok, if you don't want some parts in the list, use janitor closet to prune them. This download has the latest built (*.14) with all the bug fixes added by community

DOWNLOAD FROM DROP BOX

2 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

for those who are stiff confused about making this work in 1.3.1 here is everything done for you just download, drag and drop and you are ok, if you don't want some parts in the list, use janitor closet to prune them. This download has the latest built (*.14) with all the bug fixes added by community

DOWNLOAD FROM DROP BOX

What happened to 

I can't seem to build anything that would have two Flat Hinge Pivotrons attached to the same part and work. They do work in the Editor, but not on the Runway after launching. See video here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/PUVNgopqVPV9fOaF3. Craft file is here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vlOaLGfchvSFRErm1sme_0tkpo2Kw9sf. Can someone please confirm that it behaves in the same way as in video on their installation?

2 hours ago, HZ1 said:

Как работа на колесах для этого мода?

Во-первых, используйте английский, пожалуйста, и, во-вторых, я понятия не имею, работает ли это на колесах, но вы можете попробовать. (Я использую Google Translate, так что если это не имеет смысла, просто знайте это).

1 hour ago, Jackaroo0505 said:

Во-первых, используйте английский, пожалуйста, и, во-вторых, я понятия не имею, работает ли это на колесах, но вы можете попробовать. (Я использую Google Translate, так что если это не имеет смысла, просто знайте это).

oh,Yandex Browser evil

On 13/01/2018 at 10:28 PM, Tirehtoori R.I.P said:

so guys here is my newest ultimate projects that should inspire people and make our mod devs here proud of their work :D

You can be proud of your work too, this is AWESOME ! :o

7 hours ago, Li0n said:

You can be proud of your work too, this is AWESOME ! :o

well i got tons of other good projects ready for watching in my channel at youtube, my latest project was a new transformer, i am proud of my work, even more when i succeed on inspiring others to make mechs and eventually challenge me ;D like V8jester, met him when he didn't have a clue on making stablile 2 legged walker, but after hew hours of teaching him, he got awesome, and now after few months i am even more prouder of his procress : D

On 22/01/2018 at 5:23 AM, Tirehtoori R.I.P said:

well i got tons of other good projects ready for watching in my channel at youtube, my latest project was a new transformer, i am proud of my work, even more when i succeed on inspiring others to make mechs and eventually challenge me ;D like V8jester, met him when he didn't have a clue on making stablile 2 legged walker, but after hew hours of teaching him, he got awesome, and now after few months i am even more prouder of his procress : D

This is awesome ! Is the video in real speed ? cause it looks so fast

57 minutes ago, lBoBl said:

This is awesome ! Is the video in real speed ? cause it looks so fast

1.5 speed to remove little lag, since every1 know how KSP can be little laggy sometimes

On 21.1.2018 at 6:11 PM, Rryk said:

I can't seem to build anything that would have two Flat Hinge Pivotrons attached to the same part and work. They do work in the Editor, but not on the Runway after launching. See video here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/PUVNgopqVPV9fOaF3. Craft file is here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vlOaLGfchvSFRErm1sme_0tkpo2Kw9sf. Can someone please confirm that it behaves in the same way as in video on their installation?

hmm that seems like "Auto-Strut" bug right there try to put them one at the time, that happens sometimes even to me and its quite painfull when making 300 part mech and it does it early and didn't notice it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.