1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

On 1/23/2018 at 6:39 AM, Tirehtoori R.I.P said:

hmm that seems like "Auto-Strut" bug right there try to put them one at the time, that happens sometimes even to me and its quite painfull when making 300 part mech and it does it early and didn't notice it

I've added them independently and aligned manually. Upgrading my whole setup from KSP 1.2.2 to KSP 1.3.1 has solved the problem. I've lost 2 mods since they do not support new version, but got a lot of new stuff from other mods :-).

Edited by Rryk

I seem to be having a bit of a problem. I've been using IR for awhile, but after a few updates (I'm playing 1.3.1 now), it seems that the parts are just kind of... there. I can't control them at all anymore, even on existing craft that I had before the updates. Do I just have to wait for an update of IR, or is there some other fix?

53 minutes ago, Blazing Sun said:

I seem to be having a bit of a problem. I've been using IR for awhile, but after a few updates (I'm playing 1.3.1 now), it seems that the parts are just kind of... there. I can't control them at all anymore, even on existing craft that I had before the updates. Do I just have to wait for an update of IR, or is there some other fix?

Just try reinstalling, none of the parts were even showing up for me and I reinstalled now it works fine...

1 hour ago, Ari said:

Just try reinstalling, none of the parts were even showing up for me and I reinstalled now it works fine...

Tried that, and nothing changed. Even tried installing the source code version, and still nothing. It seems like I'm missing a plugin or something, because the Plugins folder is empty.

15 hours ago, Blazing Sun said:

Tried that, and nothing changed. Even tried installing the source code version, and still nothing. It seems like I'm missing a plugin or something, because the Plugins folder is empty.

SmokeScreen Possibly?

44 minutes ago, Blazing Sun said:

Well, that partially worked... The IR parts move now, but the parts they're attached to stay static.

It sounds like autostrut issue. Try to enable autostrut visualisation trough cheat/debug menu. I desribed issue and workaroun somewhere in this thread, but you can found it more quickly in this thread too:

22 hours ago, kcs123 said:

It sounds like autostrut issue. Try to enable autostrut visualisation trough cheat/debug menu. I desribed issue and workaroun somewhere in this thread, but you can found it more quickly in this thread too:

Tried it, and still the same issue. The IR parts are behaving like whatever part they're attached to isn't even there at all. They even move through said parts.

1 hour ago, Blazing Sun said:

Tried it, and still the same issue. The IR parts are behaving like whatever part they're attached to isn't even there at all. They even move through said parts.

Something fishy is going on. The fact that bunch of other users are properly installed mod and use it without issues does not mean that you don't have any. But it is hard for any developer to help you without enough data. Several things could help others to be able to help you. Follow the gude provided in this post:

Only thing that I can add on that is that more than 90% of reported issues comes from faulty install somewhere. Even if you install this mod properly it can always be conflict somewhere with any other mod. That is a reason that is good to start with clean install of KSP and add only IR mod and dependencies (MM, Firespitter and IR mod) - all provided in wraped package from Zodiusinfuser. You can make a copy of KSP in separate folder to make a clean install just for test purposes.

Once you have only IR mod and dependencies installed try it in game. Provide some screenshots that would reveal what parts you are tried to use. There is some free moving parts and powered ones. You can't influence how free moving parts would move, only motorized ones. Also, there was some issues with old legacy parts, screenshot would reveal if that is issue too. If you are able to have IR parts moving properly (you need battery and power source on your craft for that, make sure that IR parts have crossfeed connection to power source).

If everything works, add other mods you use one by one, until you find culprit mod that cause issue.

On ‎21‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 5:11 PM, Rryk said:

I can't seem to build anything that would have two Flat Hinge Pivotrons attached to the same part and work. They do work in the Editor, but not on the Runway after launching. See video here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/PUVNgopqVPV9fOaF3. Craft file is here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vlOaLGfchvSFRErm1sme_0tkpo2Kw9sf. Can someone please confirm that it behaves in the same way as in video on their installation?

Yes, I can... without testing it. Turn one hinge (180°) and it should work... or wait until I release my new IR... this one can handle those problems. We are at the moment in an alpha-test and I will come back when we can start the beta-test.

Rudolf

There is something else with IR part in symmetry. It behave in a different way in regards if you have or have not FAR installed. FAR seems to fix that issue somehow, while with stock aero mirrored part turns in oposite direction. I have overcome with this issue in the past by placing parts one by one on both side of craft rather then with mirror option. However, in latest playtrough FAR was properly updated so I no longer have same issue. Just something worth to mention when comes to polishing all stuff.

On 1/13/2018 at 3:28 PM, Tirehtoori R.I.P said:

so guys here is my newest ultimate projects that should inspire people and make our mod devs here proud of their work :D

This is truly awesome @Tirehtoori R.I.P, as well as everything you have posted to your channel. You truly are the king of mechs. I have something that might interest you as well.

Video and Dev thread - 

Edited by VR_Dev

@VR_Dev I can't believe I didn't know about this before you posted. This is amazing!! I love how you've got the two skeletons overlaid in the view showing the intended and actual position of the robot. My question now is, could this be used separate from / in addition to KSP, to control lets say this real robot that is collecting dust in my flat? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR4aj7tOwko

1 hour ago, ZodiusInfuser said:

@VR_Dev I can't believe I didn't know about this before you posted. This is amazing!! I love how you've got the two skeletons overlaid in the view showing the intended and actual position of the robot. My question now is, could this be used separate from / in addition to KSP, to control lets say this real robot that is collecting dust in my flat? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR4aj7tOwko

I responded to this in the dev thread, if anyone is interested.

https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/170110-wip-unity-controlled-robotic-plugins/&do=findComment&comment=3286357

Hi there.  I was  experimenting with the J-414 ''Jaguar'' turbofan VTOL engine and I faced a problem.  They snap well to wings or fuselage but once I start on the runway it is like they are not attached, they fell off and explode. I tried putting struts and they also explode...  Anyadvice would be very appreciate.

1 hour ago, Davaeron said:

Hi there.  I was  experimenting with the J-414 ''Jaguar'' turbofan VTOL engine and I faced a problem.  They snap well to wings or fuselage but once I start on the runway it is like they are not attached, they fell off and explode. I tried putting struts and they also explode...  Anyadvice would be very appreciate.

J-414 engine does not come with IR mod. Only engines are Propeller a like engines for creating drones and similar. It is possible that you have some kind of mod conflict with IR, though. Hard to tell without log files, screenshots or videos that describe issue in much better way.

23 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

J-414 engine does not come with IR mod. Only engines are Propeller a like engines for creating drones and similar. It is possible that you have some kind of mod conflict with IR, though. Hard to tell without log files, screenshots or videos that describe issue in much better way.

Wrong mod page.  Apologies. The part I want info about is from SXT.  Admin can erase my message.

4 hours ago, viperwolf said:

Im having a problem with the hinge joints flexing. How did you guys fix this?

Depends on craft you work with. Sometimes is just enough to use KJR mod along with IR that strength out all of joints in game.
In other cases, you may not want to use hinges at all. Use extendatrons instead. Like in this album  or my iteration of same idea.
It is always stronger to use something that forms triangle than just one simple hinge or rotatron.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.