1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

@LucasHood You're probably also using Kerbal Joint Reinforcement 

That's an old problem, which keeps surfacing.

Maybe this helps:

On 22.1.2017 at 7:09 PM, V8jester said:

For those having install / KJR issues

List of IR download files to work with KSP 1.2.2 courtesy of: @Agustin @V8jester

Steps to install Infernal Robotics

1) install Core Download which is the plugin and "core Files" of IR  (No parts are in this download)

2) Install Parts Pack (Legacy is the original parts, and Rework are the new white parts. You can have both installed if you wish)

3) Optional -  If you wish to use the Surface sampler (Install the Surfacesampler.dll into GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins)

4) Optional - If you are using KJR you will need to use the supplied modified config file. Or IR parts will be useless

Core Download

Infernal Robotics (Ziw) 2.0.10 https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.10/IR-2.0.10-Final-Core.zip

Parts

Legacy Parts (Ziw) https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.0/IR-LegacyParts.zip

IR Rework Parts (Zodiusinfuser) https://mega.nz/#!rdlHkLAJ!ZizDvd8s7zCIG529FtO8b7wM0avJ8yC3pldIaf6BGFw

IR Surface Sampler dll (Ziw) https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/IR-Surface-Sampler/tree/master/GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins

Utility

Thread link for IR Sequencer (Ziw) http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/104547-12-ir-sequencer-v101-add-on-to-infernal-robotics-updated-30102016/

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - Fixed Config file for IR (V8Jester)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hh8kjhu8a15v5io/KJR - IR Fix.rar?dl=0

This new config file disables the line "multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement"

But leaves everything else untouched. Currently this is the only way to make IR work with KJR until one or the other is altered in an update.

Please feel free to repost / update this list every so often to help a lot of the new comers

4 hours ago, LucasHood said:

EDİT: Other parts are working well btw. I think i'll use things instead of hinges for now.

There was report for some of legacy parts not working properly. Unfortunately source files for those parts were not available, so it is not possible for part developers to change/fix them. Try to stick with new parts.

On ‎26‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 5:04 PM, kcs123 said:

There was report for some of legacy parts not working properly. Unfortunately source files for those parts were not available, so it is not possible for part developers to change/fix them. Try to stick with new parts.

The hinges are really a problem (those and the VTOL part are not working in IR Next). But it could be that in the future the legacy parts will be removed completely and replaced by the rework parts. We are currently discussing this.

2 hours ago, Sololop said:

Does IR work for the most recent (1.4) version of KSP? I am just trying to use the legacy parts and nothing else, yet it keeps crashing. Might have to go back to 1.3?

Nope, tested it in 1.4.2 earlier, and the parts don't even show up in the VAB.

9 hours ago, Rohaq said:

Nope, tested it in 1.4.2 earlier, and the parts don't even show up in the VAB.

well... they do, but you have to get them via "parts by dimension" or whatever it's called and then select the smallest (I think it's that one) ... then you can see them. It's because of some changes in how those points work (1.3.x and higher) ...

anyway... currently there are no reported bugs for Infernal Robotics Next ... maybe you want to try this? It is of course still under development, but... seems pretty stable now and it would help us to complete it if we get more feedback.

8 hours ago, Rudolf Meier said:

well... they do, but you have to get them via "parts by dimension" or whatever it's called and then select the smallest (I think it's that one) ... then you can see them. It's because of some changes in how those points work (1.3.x and higher) ...

anyway... currently there are no reported bugs for Infernal Robotics Next ... maybe you want to try this? It is of course still under development, but... seems pretty stable now and it would help us to complete it if we get more feedback.

I'll give that a go, thanks!

EDIT: Looks like you've tackled KJR too, double thanks!

Edited by Rohaq

11 hours ago, Rudolf Meier said:

Infernal Robotics (Ziw) 2.0.10 is normally loading in the 1.4.2.  But with Legacy Parts (Ziw) I have a crash game.

21 hours ago, =V=Heromant said:

nfernal Robotics (Ziw) 2.0.10 is normally loading in the 1.4.2.  But with Legacy Parts (Ziw) I have a crash game.

Probably most of legacy parts would be abandoned if not all of them. Noone of active developers have source files for those parts and some fixes require changes on part model (meshes, coliders, animations, etc.), It might be possible to make some of those to work trough changes in config files, but with each KSP update there is more and more chances that legacy parts in this state could no longer be possible to maintain.

So, if you use 2.x IR plugin I can only give you advice to stick with new parts from Zodiusinfuser.  Or you may want to try new IR next plugin, still WIP but pretty much stable by now.

39 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

So, if you use 2.x IR plugin I can only give you advice to stick with new parts from Zodiusinfuser.  Or you may want to try new IR next plugin, still WIP but pretty much stable by now.

Thanks

What  the new plugin and where I get it?

On 4/5/2018 at 6:11 AM, Rudolf Meier said:

Currently using this now.. working so far!

On 05.04.2018 at 2:11 PM, Rudolf Meier said:

So, if you use 2.x IR plugin I can only give you advice to stick with new parts from Zodiusinfuser.  Or you may want to try new IR next plugin, still WIP but pretty much stable by now

I get last versions from CKAN (IR 2.0.14 and legacy parts 2.0.5) work with 1.4.2. Thanks

Hey Rudy, can we get into discussions with the kOS dev team to make this API connect with kOS?

Also, maybe I can resurrect some legacy parts if the need arises. I am willing to try and re-source some parts if it makes sense.

Edited by Dr_Goddard

1 hour ago, Dr_Goddard said:

Hey Rudy, can we get into discussions with the kOS dev team to make this API connect with kOS?

Also, maybe I can resurrect some legacy parts if the need arises. I am willing to try and re-source some parts if it makes sense.

of course... tell me what you need (but maybe better in the other thread or via pm)... this reminds me, that I wanted to check if I should move 2 functions from one interface to another :) 

for the legacy parts... the idea was to finish the rework parts which would allow us to completely remove the legacy parts (all we need is a rail and those are almost ready as far as I have been told)... but that's still something that is not decided yet

Edited by Rudolf Meier

Hi, 

I was wondering if there is anyway to stop the parts bending the further out they get / the more they are. I was trying to make an arm/crane on an older install and was hoping there would be some sort of way that the extenders can still go in and out but stay strong and not bend? I am using KJR.

Sorry if this has already been asked 1000x times but I'm just trying to find a conclusive answer.

https://imgur.com/a/YwAIR

20 hours ago, annihilator hd said:

I was wondering if there is anyway to stop the parts bending the further out they get / the more they are. I was trying to make an arm/crane on an older install and was hoping there would be some sort of way that the extenders can still go in and out but stay strong and not bend? I am using KJR.

Somehow there are ways to do this in the Unity engine... but the idea of our parts is not that they are as strong as possible in this game engine, but reasonable strong. And I was comparing them to ibeams and other stock parts attached in such long constructs ... and my goal was to have the same behaviour with IR parts. In case they are too weak, I could try to fix something. But if they're just not hyper-strong... then it is "by design" :) ... but to be honest, I've not yet tested your configuration and if it is not strong enough. I will do this later...

I installed 1.4.2 including the DLC with the intructions from V8jester (just tried to get the newest downloads!), because I love to use the parts from @Jeast

and what do you know? It works! 

Only the Legacy Parts don't seem to work.

Disregarding KJR  - I only use the Stock Part Reinforcements (works just as well) and: Hello! I can even launch a Cormorant Shuttle with 54t (MaterialKits - RoverDude) payload including a Canadarm to my SpaceStation in a 150km orbit! Relieve cargo with the Canadarm and return to KSP runway for full recompansation on parts recovered- "Stage Recovery" (Tried it with Cormorant Shuttle MK II)

On 08/04/2018 at 3:54 PM, Rudolf Meier said:

Somehow there are ways to do this in the Unity engine... but the idea of our parts is not that they are as strong as possible in this game engine, but reasonable strong. And I was comparing them to ibeams and other stock parts attached in such long constructs ... and my goal was to have the same behaviour with IR parts. In case they are too weak, I could try to fix something. But if they're just not hyper-strong... then it is "by design" :) ... but to be honest, I've not yet tested your configuration and if it is not strong enough. I will do this later...

Thank you, let me know how it goes and if there is any fix for it if possible. The parts/pack is perfect but the way they bend the further out they get ruins my plans :( any help is appreciated but understand yous are busy men haha!

• 3 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.