1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue with IR. Apparently, all of the legacy parts are not showing up in the VAB/SPH, but are in the research window. The rework parts are showing up, but no legacy items are there. Any idea what is going on here?

Also, this issue is present whether I have the rework installed or not.

KSP v1.0.4

IR v0.21.3

IR Rework v01b

Total of 66 mods installed including the 3 IR related. I can list if necessary, but not looking forward to it. LOL

sounds similar to my issue:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/116064-1-0-4-Magic-Smoke-Industries-Infernal-Robotics-0-21-3?p=2144170&viewfull=1#post2144170

I didn't bother trying to fix it and just loaded the ship to the launchpad in sandbox mode and copied the VESSEL{} out of that SFS and into the one for my science career :P

It is very similar. I have vessels from before 1.0.4. I think they're from 1.0.0 though, nothing from 0.90. Those vessels don't work in similar manner to yours.

However, there is also the problem that I can't even *get* the legacy parts in the VAB. I still want to use them. The Docking Washer is excellent for making VTOL craft, since it is super flat and attaches anywhere. I stick it to the bottom of wings and then add a basic jet engine... and bam, I have a VTOL. Better than that, the basic jet engine is precisely at center of mass because I make certain to place it such.

Anyway, until such time as the rework is completed, I still want and need access to the legacy parts.

Is there some way to make it happen?

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any way to mute or lower the volume of the parts? I mean its fine for some of the parts that are moving, but when im building a space station with a rotating mid section, the constant "duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhh!!!" just drives me crazy.

edit: just checked the post above me. guess im not the first one to ask this. However i only want to delete the sound of certain parts. Is that possible?

^ There's only one sound file that everything uses, best chance is to edit the "motorSndPath = MagicSmokeIndustries/Sounds/infernalRoboticMotor" in each parts .cfg, giving that a bad path will prolly just add errors in the log. You could make new quieter sounds, stick it in a different folder and adjust that "motorSndPath" path for certain parts.

I'm getting the problem of tweakscale bar being 100% transparent and, obviously, unusable. Latest tweakscale, latest IR, IR rework parts. What's the problem? I remember having smae problem a year ago, don't remember how it was solved.

^ There's only one sound file that everything uses, best chance is to edit the "motorSndPath = MagicSmokeIndustries/Sounds/infernalRoboticMotor" in each parts .cfg, giving that a bad path will prolly just add errors in the log. You could make new quieter sounds, stick it in a different folder and adjust that "motorSndPath" path for certain parts.

My mecanums point to a null path and you just get a few minor warnings in the log. The parts work absolutely fine.

I have a suggestion / fix idea.

I have issues setting a min and max to a specific number. Using a slider is just too difficult, I want to set it to a min of 45 and max of 225 but have to play around a lot just to get it to that. I am hoping you can add the same buttons from changing speed and acceleration to changing min and max :).

I am happy to go without this being implemented if there is any way I can change its value in the .craft file. (If it is possible, please tell me how I can do it)

Apart from that, it is a very great and awesome mod.

Is it a know bug that robotic parts don't work on decouplers? In the editor they work fine, but outside it turns the wrong way and break off the part that's connected to the end of it.
I fixed this by adding a fuel tank between the stack decoupler and the robotic part, but I guess it can be any non robotic part.

[quote name='Albert VDS']Is it a know bug that robotic parts don't work on decouplers? In the editor they work fine, but outside it turns the wrong way and break off the part that's connected to the end of it.
I fixed this by adding a fuel tank between the stack decoupler and the robotic part, but I guess it can be any non robotic part.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you have the part backwards, not sure.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.