sirkut

1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, IgorZ said:

Guys,

I've installed the addon in hope to see all the cool features from the intro video and... haven't found most of the parts. For instance, there are rover wheels in the demo but there is wheel parts in the editor. Is it an extra mod? And that's not the only part that misses, most of the parts from the video is not there. Tried to install Infernal_Robotics_Model_Rework and it did add some new parts but still not the parts from the video. What do I miss?

Did you use Beta release of Model Rework? http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/59359-wip-msis-infernal-robotics-model-rework-v02-pre-release-beta/&page=75#comment-2341927

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Ziw said:

Yes, I did. I'd paste the screenshot but so far haven't figured out how to do it on the forum. I'm in a carier mode. Can it be the issue?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IgorZ said:

Yes, I did. I'd paste the screenshot but so far haven't figured out how to do it on the forum. I'm in a carier mode. Can it be the issue?

 

OF course, some parts are pretty deep in the tech tree. Please test in the separate sandbox.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any hints on getting things to operate at matching speeds?

I've got a rover with wheels on the bottom of hinged legs, I'd like to wheels to rotate at the same rate as the hinges so they always stay facing the same way as I rotate the legs, but with them both in the same group rotating the legs 100 degrees only rotates the wheels 75 degrees.  I've tried setting the speed of the legs to 1.5 and the wheels to 2 but that still didn't seem to work.

 

dRoZUj3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might want to look at the part.cfg for the exact speed of both servos. Speed you see in the UI is a multiplier applied to this basic speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The video above "What does Infernal Robotics let me do?" is old yes?  He shows white parts that didn't come with my install.

I have the latest version because I used ckan (awesome mod) to install it.

Any other tutorials?  I truly love the concept.

Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Gary_P said:

The video above "What does Infernal Robotics let me do?" is old yes?  He shows white parts that didn't come with my install.

I have the latest version because I used ckan (awesome mod) to install it.

Any other tutorials?  I truly love the concept.

Thanks!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/59359-wip-msis-infernal-robotics-model-rework-v02-pre-release-beta/

Follow the link at the top of the thread to the latest pre-release that's compatible with 1.0.5. Enjoy :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-edit- active texture managment seems to mess up the texture's of the parts....:mellow:

Edited by chucknorris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, chucknorris said:

-edit- active texture managment seems to mess up the texture's of the parts....:mellow:

ATM is obsolete for the most of mods by now. Almost all of mods have converted textures to DDS, so ATM is no longer so usefull as it used to be in past.

If you want to reduce memory stamp, better alternative is to force DX11 or openGL, whatever works better for your graphic card. If for some reason does not work properly on your system then you can try dynamic texture loader as alternative solution. How much RAM you will be able to extend depends on memory CAP on your graphic card and mods installed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30-1-2016 at 10:54 PM, kcs123 said:

ATM is obsolete for the most of mods by now. Almost all of mods have converted textures to DDS, so ATM is no longer so usefull as it used to be in past.

If you want to reduce memory stamp, better alternative is to force DX11 or openGL, whatever works better for your graphic card. If for some reason does not work properly on your system then you can try dynamic texture loader as alternative solution. How much RAM you will be able to extend depends on memory CAP on your graphic card and mods installed.

I'm running 2 R9 290's with both 4G Vram, and my system runs 32GB of DDR3, i can run 56 mods w/o problemens (only long load time)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to move the structural parts from the addon to the custom category aswell, but I can't seem to find the cfg and therefore I'm unable to now what category I have to specify via mm patch. Can anyone help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, maculator said:

I would like to move the structural parts from the addon to the custom category aswell, but I can't seem to find the cfg and therefore I'm unable to now what category I have to specify via mm patch. Can anyone help?

There's no way to move the structural parts to the Robotics tab via a config. That tab is created in code to group all robotics parts together (so those that use the infernal robotics plugin). There's no way to force a non-robotic part to appear in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi gents, bit confused where to ask this question, but if  this is the wrong place I'm sure someone can direct me to the right one,:)

Sometime ago i made a load of parts to use the IR plugin, I've just returned to ksp and modding after a long break so i expected things to have changed, I tested my old parts today and only those parts that rotate are still working correctly, all the rams and the forklift forks are very messed up, in some cases translating diagonally( good trick but not what i want ) 

So the question is has something major changed  in the hierarchy that could produce the strange translations, i did a quick export of one of the newer rams to check position and layout  of transforms but I could not see in which way they have changed. I know some of it is my own fault as in the early days i wasn't too bothered  about transform rotations and this has bitten me more than once, but I'm fairly convinced something else is going on also.

Any advice would be great,                                                                                                                                                                                        Also is that tutorial from 2014 still relevant with the current development of the awesome plugin? as that is the tutorial i followed to make the originals way back then :)

Cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Spanner! It's been a while. I remember your parts :). As far as I'm aware that tutorial for IR is still valid, as there's not a whole lot that needs to be done on the Unity side for part orientations. You may wish to look at the models and configs of my Extendatron parts to see if anything with pistons changed. Of course it's hard for me to say since the IR coders usually try to work around keeping my parts compatible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PM me a part.cfg and a model of a part that does not translate properly, I'll have a look next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ZodiusInfuser said:

Hi Spanner! It's been a while. I remember your parts :). As far as I'm aware that tutorial for IR is still valid, as there's not a whole lot that needs to be done on the Unity side for part orientations. You may wish to look at the models and configs of my Extendatron parts to see if anything with pistons changed. Of course it's hard for me to say since the IR coders usually try to work around keeping my parts compatible.

 

4 hours ago, Ziw said:

PM me a part.cfg and a model of a part that does not translate properly, I'll have a look next week.

 

Cheers chaps, if that tutorial is still valid and i can't obviously see whats amiss, I'm going to attribute the issues to brain rust, and the fact they worked originally was a lucky hit :), I'll get  a model zipped and posted, but  I refuse to be beaten by a simple slidey thing

Cheers again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

 

 

Cheers chaps, if that tutorial is still valid and i can't obviously see whats amiss, I'm going to attribute the issues to brain rust, and the fact they worked originally was a lucky hit :), I'll get  a model zipped and posted, but  I refuse to be beaten by a simple slidey thing

Cheers again

Great to see you up and about again Spanner! We all missed ya!

Edited by V8jester

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2016 at 2:39 PM, ZodiusInfuser said:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/59359-wip-msis-infernal-robotics-model-rework-v02-pre-release-beta/

Follow the link at the top of the thread to the latest pre-release that's compatible with 1.0.5. Enjoy :D

Ah! Thank you.

I thought I had the latest version.  That's what CKAn was all about, yes?  It tells me I'm using version v0.21.4, Max KSP version 1.0.5

I can install it manually no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gary_P said:

Ah! Thank you.

I thought I had the latest version.  That's what CKAn was all about, yes?  It tells me I'm using version v0.21.4, Max KSP version 1.0.5

I can install it manually no problem.

0.21.4 is the latest version... of the Infernal Robotics plugin.

Those parts are a separate mod called the IR Model Rework, which doesn't have a 1.0.5 compatible version on CKAN yet because it's still in a pre-release form (v02 Beta).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks ZodiusInfuser.

So to be clear, do I uninstall the version I have with CKAn, and install these, or copy these over the top of the current install?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NP :) . Keep the CKAN version and install those other files over the top. It's just a parts pack so won't replace any of the core things of IR.

Edited by ZodiusInfuser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The main file linked at the top of the page :) . The others are older versions that will eventually get updated when I get around to finishing off the pre-release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks so much for all the help.  The robotics parts rock.  I'm installing the new parts now.  Can't wait!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem. If you want any specific help with those parts, post your questions over in that thread.

There's also this part you can download if probes are your thing: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/59359-wip-msis-infernal-robotics-model-rework-v02-pre-release-beta/&do=findComment&comment=2333081
Also I recommend our IR Sequencer if you want to get in to basic automatic of robotics parts (may be on CKAN too): https://kerbalstuff.com/mod/708/Sequencer%20for%20Infernal%20Robotics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now