sirkut

1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

glen.mack    313

Following these instructions for 1.3 leaves me with no IR parts tab.

Parts can be accessed searching through tech levels and size, but are only available through advanced parts searches.

qromodynmc    508

Thanks to @V8jester i managed to make this work properly. Still not perfect but best i can get, loving it.

V8jester    1099
5 hours ago, qromodynmc said:

Thanks to @V8jester i managed to make this work properly. Still not perfect but best i can get, loving it.

Hey that looks really good! I especially like the cockpit design you came up with. Looks a lot more scale than what I used on my B1.

Nice work!

Conquerer    0

I can't go EVA when there're any parts of this mod near by, or the game will crash. Game version is 1.2.2.1622

ctbram    18

Is there an official 1.3 version of IR?  I thought I had installed it from CKAN but I see no parts?

qromodynmc    508
20 minutes ago, ctbram said:

Is there an official 1.3 version of IR?  I thought I had installed it from CKAN but I see no parts?

check parts folder in Gamedata/magicsmokeindustries. If it's empty, you need to install part packs.

ctbram    18

I

6 minutes ago, qromodynmc said:

check parts folder in Gamedata/magicsmokeindustries. If it's empty, you need to install part packs.

It is empty but I do not see parts packs on ckan?

qromodynmc    508
32 minutes ago, ctbram said:

I

It is empty but I do not see parts packs on ckan?

Im not familiar with ckan, i can only recommend doing it manually.

kcs123    467
Posted (edited)

No, there is no official release for KSP 1.3. Even in 1.2.x. it was unofficial BETA release all the way.

There is instructions couple of pages back how to download and install everything manually. Once it comes out from BETA it will be available trough CKAN, but also it can happen that another KSP release updates sooner, so nothing is certain.

Edited by kcs123

dave99    0

I followed the instructions for 1.3 and installed both the original and the rework parts packs. I can see & place all the parts, however the IR module only controls the original parts, it's like it's not seeing the rework parts. 

Any ideas?

jrf    3

I have a slight problem. I have KSP 1.3 and I can place all of the parts from this mod but their is no tab for it in the parts menu and the tool bar icon is missing so I can't use any of the functions of this mod. All I can do is place the parts.

Ziw    354
4 hours ago, dave99 said:

I followed the instructions for 1.3 and installed both the original and the rework parts packs. I can see & place all the parts, however the IR module only controls the original parts, it's like it's not seeing the rework parts. 

Any ideas?

This is very unlikely, the IR either works for all IR parts or doesn't work at all. Post your log.

4 hours ago, jrf said:

I have a slight problem. I have KSP 1.3 and I can place all of the parts from this mod but their is no tab for it in the parts menu and the tool bar icon is missing so I can't use any of the functions of this mod. All I can do is place the parts.

Check this and follow closely:

iprdn    0
Posted (edited)

I've almost completed the IR installation (KSP 1.3) , I have a parts in menu, I can place them to the ship, save, load, launch. But I can not control them. The GUI menu does not works. When I clicking button, nothing happens and I have an exception "NullReferenceException Object reference not set to an instance of object". Under 32 and 64 versions of KSP.

Edited by iprdn

badfrogg    0
Posted (edited)
On 6/13/2017 at 9:36 AM, V8jester said:

IR for 1.3 / KJR issues

List of IR download files to work with KSP 1.3

Remove "Active struts" as well as "strut" Folders" they are currently incompatible with KSP 1.3 - Unless you opt to use the unofficial Recompiled .dll linked below

Steps to install Infernal Robotics

1) Install Core Download which is the plugin and "core Files" of IR  (No parts are in this download)

2) Install Parts Pack (Legacy is the original parts, and Rework are the new white parts. You can have both installed if you wish)

3) Remove folders "IRActiveStruts" and "Struts" as they are currently incompatible

4) Optional -  If you wish to use the Surface sampler - Install the Surfacesampler.dll linked below into GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins

5) Optional  - KJR unofficial recompile will work with KSP 1.3 and IR 2.0.12 - Linked below

6) Optional - KAS Magnet / Grasper Breaking? Increase "breakForce" under the KAS module in the part cfg to "= 999"

7) Optional - Unofficial recompile of Active Struts Plugin linked below. Curtesy of Whale_2

Core Download

Infernal Robotics (Ziw) 2.0.12

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases

Parts / Plugin

Legacy Parts (Ziw)

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.0/IR-LegacyParts.zip

IR Rework Parts (Zodiusinfuser) - See Active Struts notes above

https://mega.nz/#!rdlHkLAJ!ZizDvd8s7zCIG529FtO8b7wM0avJ8yC3pldIaf6BGFw 

Surface Sampler dll (DMagic) - Place into "MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins"

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/IR-Surface-Sampler/tree/master/GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins

Active Struts Plugin Unofficial Recompile (Whale_2)

https://github.com/whale2/Active-Struts/releases/tag/1.1.0-1

I just tried to download these file but Windows Defender marked the IRSurfaceSampler.dll as - Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!c

Edited by badfrogg

V8jester    1099
1 hour ago, badfrogg said:

I just tried to download these file but Windows Defender marked the IRSurfaceSampler.dll as - Trojan:Win32/Spursint.F!c

That's because it is a .dll file. Most antivirus programs don't like it when you download a .dll. They typically flag them as a virus. I can tell you I am using the file from this download with no issues.

Gordon Dry    116
On 13.6.2017 at 3:36 PM, V8jester said:

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Official GitHub Repository (Ferram4) - https://github.com/ferram4/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/releases

Unofficial Recompile For 1.3 (siimav) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxowaRaYHkjddHc2T28zWEdLcjQ/view

Please feel free to repost / update this list every so often to help a lot of the new comers

Edited July 13 by V8jester

Because of this

and this

I guess it's all working now?

Cdodders    42

How do get things to mirror movement without placing them separately? For instance, I have a plane with rotating engine nozzles a la Harrier. The nozzles I placed in pairs, but when selecting next or previous preset, both sides move in different directions instead of the same direction.

kcs123    467
7 minutes ago, Cdodders said:

How do get things to mirror movement without placing them separately? For instance, I have a plane with rotating engine nozzles a la Harrier. The nozzles I placed in pairs, but when selecting next or previous preset, both sides move in different directions instead of the same direction.

You have option on each moving IR part to invert direction. Sorry, don't recall from top of my head exact name on part right click menu in SPH/VAB.

Posted (edited)

Is there a list some where of all the parts in IR? I only seem to have a few rework parts and Legacy ones.

Edited by Kerbal Gamer

V8jester    1099
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kerbal Gamer said:

Is there a list some where of all the parts in IR? I only seem to have a few rework parts and Legacy ones.

2 posts above yours....

this is everything that is known to be compatible currently.

there are also a couple of niche parts in SM Marine as well.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Edited by V8jester

V8jester    1099
15 minutes ago, Trekkie148 said:

1.3 please???

One post above yours dude......

I only have these reworked parts: grabber, grasper, landing foot, robotics control unit, the roboathlete trusses, Grappler, struts, and robostrut target. I looked at the Magic smoke files and there it shows the other parts but in game  I only see the those parts I listed. Help?

Murdabenne    127
Posted (edited)

Is there any chance of this being bundled into an actual single, working, release for 1.3.x?  what is stopping this from happening? This is pretty fragmented and hackish as it is.  Then again, that's the Kerbal way :wink:

Edited by Murdabenne

V8jester    1099
8 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

Is there any chance of this being bundled into an actual single, working, release for 1.3.x?  what is stopping this from happening? This is pretty fragmented and hackish as it is.  Then again, that's the Kerbal way :wink:

The team of guys that built IR. Has become a bit thin. @Ziw and @ZodiusInfuser are really the two core guys that have stuck around. But even they have been scaling back over time. The only thing that usually breaks with an update is the plugin of a mod. Parts are typically unaffected (not completely the case with IR, an example would be RKE)

The closest we are all currently is my compiled list of downloads. But IR has honestly been a conglomerate of downlods for quite some time now.

16 hours ago, Kerbal Gamer said:

I only have these reworked parts: grabber, grasper, landing foot, robotics control unit, the roboathlete trusses, Grappler, struts, and robostrut target. I looked at the Magic smoke files and there it shows the other parts but in game  I only see the those parts I listed. Help?

Did you fallow all my instructions 3 posts above yours? - what version of MM do you have?