1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

Hey so I have this graphic problem with IR. So, the mod works fine, great mod by the way, I find it incredibly essenential, especially the model rework pack. Anyway, when I have th mod installed on my game, there is this white pill shaped object both in the editor and in flight. The pill looks like the unity player asset or something from the whack-a-kerbal? This is getting very annoying to deal with through the game, especially on EVA's and whatnot.

If anyone needs any additional information like the ksp log or screenshots or anything, I'd be happy to supply them. Thanks.

Edited by CGiuffre164

So I've been trying to get this to work for many hours now (yesterday and today) and it still doesn't have the robotics tab in the SPH, so most of the parts are inaccessible, even through searching by name. I've read so many of the pages on this thread and I've tried every suggestion I read: deleted all other mods; re-installed IR and Legacy parts; reinstalled with surface sampler, rework, and sequencer; verified integrity of game files for KSP via Steam; deleted the .ksp file in AssetBundles; etc. (That is only what I remember.) I followed these instructions but the tab is still not there. The weird thing is that I had it working fine last weekend. It let me save the craft and everything. If I try to open the file for the craft now, however, it says there are invalid parts. Also, when I click on the IR button on the bottom-right, it says on the top-right in red letters "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." Also, when I open any of the Rework Part .cfg files, under editor parameters, "category = none", which means it isn't set to the robotics tab or any other tab. For the Legacy Parts, this parameter equals "Utilities".

When I first installed IR, I did not install any parts so it just had nothing in the robotics tab, and everything else worked fine.

I also wanted to know if there is any way to get this mod on CKAN; I couldn't find it. I deleted CKAN, thinking maybe it could be the cause of all this--it was the only thing I did relating to KSP since IR had worked. I downloaded (and deleted) it yesterday.

Here is what i'm doing:

1) Download everything.

2) Paste Downloads\IR-2.0.11-Final-Core.zip\IR-2.0.11-Final-Core\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries into Kerbal Space Program\GameData.

3) Paste Downloads\IR-LegacyParts.zip\IR-LegacyParts\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\Parts\Legacy into Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\Parts.

4) Paste Downloads\IR-LegacyParts.zip\IR-LegacyParts\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\IR_TweakScale.cfg into Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries.

5) Paste Downloads\Rework_Repack_1.1.2.zip\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\Parts\Rework_Core, Rework_ExpansionRework_Utility, and Rework_TweakScale.cfg into Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\Parts.

6) Paste Downloads\IR-Surface-Sampler-master.zip\IR-Surface-Sampler-master\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\Parts\Rework_Utility\Plugins\IRSurfaceSampler.dll and IRSurfaceSamplerLocalization.cfg into Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\Parts\Rework_Utility\Plugins.

There are files in so many places for the Surface Sampler mod, I'm just going to leave that out, but it would be more of the same pattern as shown above.

This has not worked, and I've tried at least six times. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Great mod btw. I only used it for an hour and a half, but it was fun while it lasted.

These are the instructions I referred to above:

12 minutes ago, TenseSea1 said:

it still doesn't have the robotics tab in the SPH, so most of the parts are inaccessible,

Hi, theres a small code change required( at a minimum)  before this mod will run successfully in KSP 1.3.1 . It is not something a user can fix .  Please be patient 

Also as far as I' aware the surface sampler has been causing problems for a long time , and needs a proper looking at by a coder, I 'd advise that you miss out all of the sampler files .

14 minutes ago, kcs123 said:

Try those, until you develop better ones:

uhm wait wait wait wait wait...

i vaguely remember there being wheels for IR rework.... are they broken? or missing?

EDIT: also for all of you who want the rework parts without waiting on the patch just retype "category = none" to "category = Utility" in the part.cfg files of all the rework robotic parts :)

if everyone has already figured this out then yay I've learnt to use common sense :P

Edited by AntiMatter001

2 minutes ago, ZodiusInfuser said:

Yes, but they were broken by KSP 1.0 and I never got around to updating them as IRL robotics got in the way.

4hlVCOy.png

dude just post them anyway. someone who really wants them and knows their stuff would happily look at them. it's a community, not a dictatorship :P

(just uhm... put your name in comic sans on the wheels so you peeve off all those typers out there :D)

Edited by AntiMatter001

As nice as that idea would be, I would rather have "where are the wheels?" questions than "why are the wheels not working?". Now if somebody was to come forward with an interest in fixing them (and the IR releases as a whole for that matter) I would be interested in talking:wink:

32 minutes ago, ZodiusInfuser said:

As nice as that idea would be, I would rather have "where are the wheels?" questions than "why are the wheels not working?". Now if somebody was to come forward with an interest in fixing them (and the IR releases as a whole for that matter) I would be interested in talking:wink:

:| alright :D i'm glad the models aren't lost though. had tons of fun making tachikomas

Hey Zodius-I. I didn't mean to start the whole wheel thing again.
The reason I'm not using the Kerbal Foundry wheels, which are very nice looking and probably super nice wheels, is because there is not a pin-mounted, stirrup-style wheel and I want one of those.

Big kudos to the Dr. of Robotics. I've 25+ spent years in manufacturing automation, and huge respect goes to the men and women who engineer such fine products. Please keep the ideas coming!

Meanwhile, I would like to have a look at your project. But I'd like to educate myself on the wheel, spring, and joint objects in Unity before I tackle someone else's work. I'm going to try and find some information today on how Unity/KSP handles wheel steering. That's where I am.

http://bsnt.com.au/InfernalRobotics(1.3.1).zip its recompiled by Matchlight  for ksp 1.3.1.

uploaded to nerdy-tech servers.

it works on ksp.1.3.1. we tested it on 64bit version.. we do not have auth from the mod creators nor did we asked for permission.

this is ONLY! a temporary fix until the creator updates the mod. do no send bug reports to the creator of this mod nor to Matchlight.

we just wanted to make life a bit easier. this server will go down as soon as the updated mod get released. use it at your own risk..

latest from ziwkerman https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.13

Edited by kavin weera

1 hour ago, kavin weera said:

.. we do not have auth from the mod creators nor did we asked for permission.

use it at your own risk..

Well, the GPL licence gives you the legal right to do that, but it's maybe good to bear in mind that it often causes problems for the one maintaining the mod and can sometimes put them off modding altogether. Please be careful when distributing that, because it will likely lead to unwanted bug reports for an unsupported version. 

EDIT: You do need to make sure your download includes the licence and the source code, though. 

11 minutes ago, Deddly said:

Well, the GPL licence gives you the legal right to do that, but it's maybe good to bear in mind that it often causes problems for the one maintaining the mod and can sometimes put them off modding altogether. Please be careful when distributing that, because it will likely lead to unwanted bug reports for an unsupported version. 

we will take down the file as soon as the new version of the mod get released.  we did not edit the version of the mod so it will not get confused as the latest version. if you think this is still a bad idea I am happy to take it down at a moments notice.

52 minutes ago, kavin weera said:

we will take down the file as soon as the new version of the mod get released.  we did not edit the version of the mod so it will not get confused as the latest version. if you think this is still a bad idea I am happy to take it down at a moments notice.

Thank you for being so reasonable about it. I'll let the maintainer of the mod say whether it's a bad idea or not. There are a couple of problems with your download though:

1) No licence.
2) No source code

Please include the GPL licence and the source code, as these are required by both the terms of the GPL as well at the forum rules. Thanks :)

I haven't been playing KSP for quite a while, but I can give you a quick official(ish) recompile.

Enjoy

Recompile for 1.3.1

@ZiwKerman ZiwKerman released this a minute ago

Just a recompile.

Downloads

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.13

By the way, I'm completely open to have someone more active in KSP than me to take over the IR maintenance, I can even explain the code structure to a person willing to dive in. 

14 hours ago, Deddly said:

Thank you for being so reasonable about it. I'll let the maintainer of the mod say whether it's a bad idea or not. There are a couple of problems with your download though:

1) No licence.
2) No source code

Please include the GPL licence and the source code, as these are required by both the terms of the GPL as well at the forum rules. Thanks :)

:) we are taking it down. looking at the post from Ziw. I hardly think this is necessary. 

On ‎13‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 3:15 PM, Ziw said:

By the way, I'm completely open to have someone more active in KSP than me to take over the IR maintenance, I can even explain the code structure to a person willing to dive in. 

I'm currently rewriting the project (to solve all the reverse-reattach-stuff), because I didn't find the problems in the original code and because I found it pretty difficult to add inverse kinematics into it (because the 0-points are jumping around due to how Unity works) ... if someone is interested, I could contribute this code. But I cannot say now if I can support this project/code in the future...

6 hours ago, Dr_Goddard said:

I'm interested.
Are you creating new api for inverse kinematics?

What do you mean with "new" ? is there already one? :-) I don't know anything about it...

But... yes, everything will be new. And I think most configurations of joints wont work anymore, since the axis are all different (I didn't understand how they were set...). But that shouldn't be a big problem... it's just text in a file.

Currently the inverse kinematics is just an idea. I've some ideas how to control it, but... we will see. Currently I'm still working on the docking, redocking and re-redocking problems. But I hope that the end-product will be Canadarm-2 or SSRMS ...

What do you mean with "new" ? is there already one? :-) I don't know anything about it...

LOL no there isn't one. I guess I asked the question poorly.

I developed IK in kOS for a 6-legged robot, that's why I asked.

A set of tools built into the IR wrapper would be great. 

On 13/10/2017 at 2:15 PM, Ziw said:

I haven't been playing KSP for quite a while, but I can give you a quick official(ish) recompile.

Enjoy

Recompile for 1.3.1

@ZiwKerman ZiwKerman released this a minute ago

Just a recompile.

Downloads

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.13

I'm not the most experienced person in the realm of C# and KSP modding, but it'd be interesting to learn with. If you would trust me with it I'd be interested in taking it over.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.