sirkut

1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, kcs123 said:

Depends on craft you work with. Sometimes is just enough to use KJR mod along with IR that strength out all of joints in game.
In other cases, you may not want to use hinges at all. Use extendatrons instead. Like in this album  or my iteration of same idea.
It is always stronger to use something that forms triangle than just one simple hinge or rotatron.

thank you, I did try KJR but it did not make a difference. basically i have a truss connected to a hinge for the arm on my rover. The actual joint of the hinge is what is weak, its hard to explain, but a extendatron will not work in this particular situation. Thank you for explaining though

Edited by viperwolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm working on Canadarm2 robot arm. I made unity3d demo with IK. There are mistakes, but I work on it.

Alan Zucconi's inverse kinematics code is base of the source code. ( https://www.alanzucconi.com/2017/04/10/robotic-arms/

I just started studying the how to make plugin so I could put it in the KSP.

(I'm sorry my English is weak.)

https://youtu.be/csF7XEWba8A

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Need Help...

 

Just installed this mod and the IR Icon shows up in the menu tab in VAB but clicking it just brings up an empty "Servo" window that is empty...

 

TI don't see the little additional menu that's supposed to pop up for commands control and I have all dependant mods installed and updated on version 1.3

 

Thanks!

On ‎2‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:48 AM, viperwolf said:

what is the trick to get the toolbar to show up

 

EDIT: Never mind, after an hour and half of searching i found it.

Having same issue... in v1.3   :-(

WHAT was your fix?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trufiadok said:

I'm working on Canadarm2 robot arm. I made unity3d demo with IK. There are mistakes, but I work on it.

Alan Zucconi's inverse kinematics code is base of the source code. ( https://www.alanzucconi.com/2017/04/10/robotic-arms/

I just started studying the how to make plugin so I could put it in the KSP.

(I'm sorry my English is weak.)

https://youtu.be/csF7XEWba8A

 

You might be interested in similar WIP mod:

@VR_Dev might use some help, your work looks very similar.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Need Help...

 

Just installed this mod and the IR Icon shows up in the menu tab in VAB but clicking it just brings up an empty "Servo" window that is empty...

 

TI don't see the little additional menu that's supposed to pop up for commands control and I have all dependant mods installed and updated on version 1.3

 

Thanks!

Having same issue... in v1.3   :-(

WHAT was your fix?

I downloaded the version from page 93 and it started showing up again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Trufiadok said:

I'm working on Canadarm2 robot arm. I made unity3d demo with IK. There are mistakes, but I work on it.

Alan Zucconi's inverse kinematics code is base of the source code. ( https://www.alanzucconi.com/2017/04/10/robotic-arms/

I just started studying the how to make plugin so I could put it in the KSP.

(I'm sorry my English is weak.)

https://youtu.be/csF7XEWba8A

 

Hey that unity demo is awesome, way more complex then any of my arms. You could 100% control that from unity just like I do, you would just have to build the equivalent in KSP first. Also that IK info is super useful. My IK has a long way to go. I'm proud of it but I'm no mathematical genius.

My IK code uses SOHCAHTOA, law of cosines, and simple logic for everything. It's way easier in Unity because you have built in functions for distance and angles. You don't need to calculate everything by hand.

This is terrifying to me.

qJ2zuLs.png

Edited by VR_Dev

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, viperwolf said:

I downloaded the version from page 93 and it started showing up again.

WORKED!

Thanks!

 

Now how do you switch between the two seperate Canadarms installed on my ISS?

 

The IR window will only move the first one I installed and have two on my ISS.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, VR_Dev said:

Hey that unity demo is awesome, way more complex then any of my arms. You could 100% control that from unity just like I do, you would just have to build the equivalent in KSP first. Also that IK info is super useful. My IK has a long way to go. I'm proud of it but I'm no mathematical genius.

My IK code uses SOHCAHTOA, law of cosines, and simple logic for everything. It's way easier in Unity because you have built in functions for distance and angles. You don't need to calculate everything by hand.

This is terrifying to me.

qJ2zuLs.png

The demo source code is pretty tangled. I'm cleaning it and sharing it (unity project). Maybe I can help someone with it.

How to insert this solution to KSP? One complete Canadarm2 part with control plugin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2017 at 4:36 PM, V8jester said:

IR for 1.3 / KJR issues

List of IR download files to work with KSP 1.3

 

Remove "Active struts" as well as "strut" Folders" they are currently incompatible with KSP 1.3 - Unless you opt to use the unofficial Recompiled .dll linked below

 

Steps to install Infernal Robotics

1) Install Core Download which is the plugin and "core Files" of IR  (No parts are in this download)

2) Install Parts Pack (Legacy is the original parts, and Rework are the new white parts. You can have both installed if you wish)

3) Remove folders "IRActiveStruts" and "Struts" as they are currently incompatible

4) Optional -  If you wish to use the Surface sampler - Install the Surfacesampler.dll linked below into GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins

5) Optional  - KJR unofficial recompile will work with KSP 1.3 and IR 2.0.12 - Linked below

6) Optional - KAS Magnet / Grasper Breaking? Increase "breakForce" under the KAS module in the part cfg to "= 999"

7) Optional - Unofficial recompile of Active Struts Plugin linked below. Curtesy of Whale_2

 

Core Download

Infernal Robotics (Ziw) 2.0.12

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases

 

Parts / Plugin

Legacy Parts (Ziw)

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.0/IR-LegacyParts.zip

IR Rework Parts (Zodiusinfuser) - See Active Struts notes above

https://mega.nz/#!rdlHkLAJ!ZizDvd8s7zCIG529FtO8b7wM0avJ8yC3pldIaf6BGFw 

Surface Sampler dll (DMagic) - Place into "MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins"

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/IR-Surface-Sampler/tree/master/GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins

Active Struts Plugin Unofficial Recompile (Whale_2)

https://github.com/whale2/Active-Struts/releases/tag/1.1.0-1

 

Utility

Thread Link For IR Sequencer (Ziw) 

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

Official GitHub Repository (Ferram4) - https://github.com/ferram4/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement/releases

Unofficial Recompile For 1.3 (siimav) - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxowaRaYHkjddHc2T28zWEdLcjQ/view

 

Please feel free to repost / update this list every so often to help a lot of the new comers

Hello I'm not sure how this mod is still maintained but I got a huge problem with click through windows and hotkeys being triggered from the text input areas.

For example; I create and rename all my groups, create specific presets for each part. But Everytime you accidentally "pick up" the robotic part or the parenting object; ALL of the settings, renaming and grouping both in "IR editor window" and "IR sequencer" are GONE... =(((( And the worst part is UNDO won't bring them back.

Depending on your camera angle if the IR UI appears on top of your part and you want to drag, or click somewhere within, you also click that part behind the window and pick it up.

If anyone understands what I'm speaking of, then they surely would know the frustration this causes. It is strange for a KSP player to get aggressive but I almost punched my monitor yesterday because of losing 10s of minutes of adjusting my parts (yet I save my model frequently).

So, I would truly appreciate if someone told me a fix or a workaround for this.

At least, please, somebody tell me what files to edit to disable the "clickthrough". Then I can tame myself NOT to pick up the parts until it is also added to the code so that the CTRL + Z will also work for IR options.

Thanks so much in advance.

 

 

Edited by Smart Parts Wanter
typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

why don't this mod has built-in size tweaker like Kerbal Foundries? 

We can be happy to get this one working at all, considering that original developers are on hiatus due to real life commitments. At time of active development it was enough to use additional config file for tweakscale mod.

As for all other wishes, you might get better chance to post it in new WIP IR plugin thread, it might have better chance to be solved:

As for clicktrough issues, it will require changes in IR plugin too, but this mod can help to solve that one too:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know how to switch from one active Canadarm to another?

 

I have two on my ISS but can only control with the window the first one I installed...

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Kilo60 said:

Does anyone know how to switch from one active Canadarm to another?

 

I have two on my ISS but can only control with the window the first one I installed...

 

Thanks!

You need to Rename IR control group in different way at Candarm #1 and Candarm #2. Having specific name convention on parts in each group can help too but it is not necessary.

IIRC, it is possible to edit groups and IR parts in flight too, but haven't did that kind of thing for long time, so can't tell for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello I installed this mod via CKAN, am also using Action groups extended 2.3.2.2 and it is said that both mods complement each other but I'm having troubles with these. I want to confirm if these are known / currently worked on issues, or if they are spesific to me and if I'm doing something wrong.

First of all, I can see the AGX menu with in sequencer, and I can see my action group names in the drop down menu, but when I add them as a sequence line, they become "unknown" which makes it really hard to edit them later or checklist them.

Second, when I use the "wait for servos" or "wait for action group" command lines, these seem to halt the whole sequence and get stuck in that line.

Is this the way it currently is, or am I doing things wrong?

Thanks to everyone who contribute to this bittersweet mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Smart Parts Wanter said:

Hello I installed this mod via CKAN, am also using Action groups extended 2.3.2.2 and it is said that both mods complement each other but I'm having troubles with these. I want to confirm if these are known / currently worked on issues, or if they are spesific to me and if I'm doing something wrong.

First of all, I can see the AGX menu with in sequencer, and I can see my action group names in the drop down menu, but when I add them as a sequence line, they become "unknown" which makes it really hard to edit them later or checklist them.

Second, when I use the "wait for servos" or "wait for action group" command lines, these seem to halt the whole sequence and get stuck in that line.

Is this the way it currently is, or am I doing things wrong?

Thanks to everyone who contribute to this bittersweet mod.

CKAN data is most probably outdated. Most recent official working version with "all in one" archive can be found in this post:

There will be no point to update CKAN data as new version of IR plugin is close to release. It would just bring more confusion. It may also happen that KSP 1.4. comes out too that will bring additional workload to all modders as well as CKAN dev team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've Tested IR in 1.4 using the 1.3.1 Download with Reworked model parts and work well

I am not having any issues with IR in 1.4 everybody

Quantomstrutscontinued also works in 1.4 as a workaround for the weak IR joints 

Just letting you all know Have a good evening :cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Capt. Kirk said:

Where can i get the most updated IR mod that works with KSP 1.4?

Link for latest known stable version made for KSP 1.3.1 can be found three posts aboved yours. That one is reported that works with 1.4. too.

WIP version that stil contains some bugs but is reasonable stable by now can be found in this thread:

Use it only if you don't afraid of kraken attacks that can happen when you least expect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎13‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 7:19 PM, kcs123 said:

WIP version that stil contains some bugs but is reasonable stable by now can be found in this thread.

It may contain bugs (it's a software... isn't that always possible? :))... but currently we are working on no issues... and it's planed to have the Sequencer ready soon too...

it can be installed side-by-side with the old IR... I wouldn't say it's 100% safe... but still pretty good... so, if someone is interested in trying it... it would help us in the development to get feedback

for those interested in the source code... it will be available soon, I'm currently converting the directory structure for an upload on GitHub

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rudolf Meier said:

It may contain bugs (it's a software... isn't that always possible? :))... but currently we are working on no issues...

Speaking of that, I can't recall when I was using some software that is 100% bugs free, including ones that I developed for myself :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This mod wont work anymore.

Literally the last working version was in 1.11.

And there are people who are able to get it for 1.3.1 but now no one has made the 1.4.1 core or anything so we wont be able to do anything with this mod anymore.

 

please help me or update this mod or somethin.

this is terribly outdated and so many crafts use this mod.

even i wanna make such crafts using this ex-amazing mod.

 

 

 

someone please help if you can help :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr Jangoon said:

This mod wont work anymore.

Literally the last working version was in 1.11.

And there are people who are able to get it for 1.3.1 but now no one has made the 1.4.1 core or anything so we wont be able to do anything with this mod anymore.

 

please help me or update this mod or somethin.

this is terribly outdated and so many crafts use this mod.

even i wanna make such crafts using this ex-amazing mod.

someone please help if you can help :(

 

Welcome to forums. Your question is answered literally 3 posts before yours. It is always good habit to check at least 2-3 latest pages on forum thread. There is always high chance that any issue you have is already being answered recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey! i using this mod on 1.3.1. Everything works fine expect hinges. Something is wrong with them and i couldnt understand what.

https://prnt.sc/iw8uyf

as you can see here. even if i attach them corretly. When i launch they are turning like that. and also somethin i cant detach them. they are stayin on the part like a ghost. what did i do wrong ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.