1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

the programs not finding what it needs in memory so it needs to load it from the disk cash

I don't have a craft file for the launcher I build them on the fly but I have a subassembly for the probe.

that craft has parts from SCANsat. IR, NF heat management, and theirs a lander under the lower shroud with some Dmagic orbital science parts.

Could you upload the probe though? I do have those mods.

Hi there,

Mod looks really nice, but it seems that i dont have all the white parts in the youtube video, can someone plz help me?

Greets

Ah ha! Fresh meat!

Those are Zodiousinfuser's rework parts. There are some issues with it and Active texture management. They can help you with that on the thread.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65365-WIP-MSI-s-Infernal-Robotics-Model-Rework-%2828-04-2015%29-On-Hiatus

Ah ha! Fresh meat!

Those are Zodiousinfuser's rework parts. There are some issues with it and Active texture management. They can help you with that on the thread.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/65365-WIP-MSI-s-Infernal-Robotics-Model-Rework-%2828-04-2015%29-On-Hiatus

Dam it... It all went well untill i installed the expansion version. All the textures black. Next to that, when i try to remove the expansion version, the textures arn't going back to normal...

Can you help me with this as well?

Edit: Fixed, seems like the ActiveTextureManagement mod is scrambeling all the textures :(

Edited by GrandBravo

Dam it... It all went well untill i installed the expansion version. All the textures black. Next to that, when i try to remove the expansion version, the textures arn't going back to normal...

Can you help me with this as well?

Edit: Fixed, seems like the ActiveTextureManagement mod is scrambeling all the textures :(

This has something to do with active texture management. The textures are black because of an issue with ATM and texture sharing. Glad you got it sorted.

This has something to do with active texture management. The textures are black because of an issue with ATM and texture sharing. Glad you got it sorted.

Yeah, i got that also fixed. I removed all MSI out of the ATM file. This way ATM is still opperational but not for the MSI mod. Thx for the quick reply's!

Sorry if it's already been asked, but does anyone know why the "Robotics" tab in the VAB would have suddenly vanished? I'm using the KAS/KIS mod and that's apparently supposed to add its own tab as well and, that too, is missing for some reason. It's actually made finding and using these items impossible short of hunting through Squad's extended filters list.

There's currently no replacement for Docking Washers, Adjustable Rails and Gantries, but you're free to remove the rest.

On the subject of docking washers. Even though they are named that we are not supposed to use them for docking right?

"Do not attach docking ports directly (or indirectly) to IR parts. It will make your life miserable. You have been warned!"

And by indirectly, you mean specifically as a leaf of a branch that is an IR part? So it all depends on the exact part tree layout? And this applies to the rework as well?

On the subject of docking washers. Even though they are named that we are not supposed to use them for docking right?

"Do not attach docking ports directly (or indirectly) to IR parts. It will make your life miserable. You have been warned!"

And by indirectly, you mean specifically as a leaf of a branch that is an IR part? So it all depends on the exact part tree layout? And this applies to the rework as well?

A trick with any IR part and docking ports is time delay. As well the direction of IR parts in relation to said docking port. For instance inchworming an arm could lead to upside down parts. But that aside allow a 2-3 second delay from undocking one connection and docking another. Here is a demo video of what I mean.

http://youtu.be/0ZaTFBVZwyU

having some issues with the textures of the model rework, will let you know as soon as I fix it

Turn off ATM for robotic parts, the instructions are in the OP of model rework. Alternatively avoid using ATM at all, with DDS support in stock it does not give much benefits.

Turn off ATM for robotic parts, the instructions are in the OP of model rework. Alternatively avoid using ATM at all, with DDS support in stock it does not give much benefits.

I noticed all my issues with IR are with big parts, if I scale down to 50% the hinges work as they should

Maybe you attaching them wrong? Have you noticed yellow stripes on the non-moving bases for reworked parts?

Sorry I was talking about the classic ones not the reworked

the model rework seems to work pretty well

Edited by edemlama

Hello,

This mod looks very cool, but could you please clarify: in the current version, is it still needed to add an additional mod on top of it ("rework") ? This seems optional from the description, but I think someone in this thread had problems that were solved by using the extension.

Thanks !

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.