1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

18 hours ago, Nommykins said:

Yep, that's the issue. Is it the largest or most massive? Because if the latter, I could just add a 1.5t part in the base- if the largest, I don't know what part would fit in the base that's larger.

EDIT: I fixed it, just added a fuel tank in the hull, now the turret rotates fine. Thanks for the help, guys!

Well glad that is sorted for you, but it's not great for us that Squad added this to the game. It seems like a bad workaround for a bigger underlying problem.

13 hours ago, ZodiusInfuser said:

Well glad that is sorted for you, but it's not great for us that Squad added this to the game. It seems like a bad workaround for a bigger underlying problem.

Tell me about it, after I updated I switched to a Spaceplane that I used since 0.9 and that  worked like a charm for ages and now it just explodes.

This workaround is something that I would expect from a poorly written mod, not from the game itself.

Talking about poorly written mods, yours is none, great work and I'm so happy the KSP community has so many creative people with cool ideas like you.

Am I an idiot?? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get those orange & white robotics parts into my game... I went to the "1.1 beta release" and downloaded both the core of the mod and the legacy parts that are linked in that post, and alls I get is some dinky hinges and a couple other parts and none of the plethora of white and orange ones. What am I missing?

1 hour ago, Kerbonaut257 said:

Am I an idiot?? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get those orange & white robotics parts into my game... I went to the "1.1 beta release" and downloaded both the core of the mod and the legacy parts that are linked in that post, and alls I get is some dinky hinges and a couple other parts and none of the plethora of white and orange ones. What am I missing?

Looking for this?

It is because Mr Zodius is a perfectionist :) (which is good, thanks to him our mod has such a polished UI and thought through user interaction mechnics). He wants his pack to be complete and perfect before including it into main IR release, but unfortunately he does not have time to finish it right now. We might have some good news on that front though soon (tm).

I'm wondering if the following is a known problem: I made some landing gear out of these, and while testing I noticed that, once landed, if I accelerate time (4x) the joints lose all strength (and the craft just sits on the ground instead of being held up).  I've seen a few comments about the joints becoming weak, maybe this is related / a side effect of the same thing?

15 minutes ago, Markarian421 said:

I'm wondering if the following is a known problem: I made some landing gear out of these, and while testing I noticed that, once landed, if I accelerate time (4x) the joints lose all strength (and the craft just sits on the ground instead of being held up).  I've seen a few comments about the joints becoming weak, maybe this is related / a side effect of the same thing?

Was it physics warp or normal warp? Can you post a picture?

On 4/30/2016 at 10:57 AM, ZodiusInfuser said:

Could it be the new invisible struts 1.1.1 adds between wheels and the largest part of the vessel? If you are using 1.1.1/2 try removing the wheels and see if the problem still occurs.

This is one feature I don't like. This broke my trains. Due to these invisible struts the hinges connecting my train cars wont bend.

17 hours ago, Markarian421 said:

Ok, I was able to reproduce, but unfortunately not much I can do. Our joints are managed in FixedUpdate (physics ticks), but when you do 4x physics warp some updates get skipped, so you see joints under load drift away. In your case your craft is quite heavy, so it goes to a certain extreme, but in most cases it is not that bad. I do have some other ideas, involving locking the joints completely while they are idle, but it requires some substantial code changes and therefore needs much more testing. Will keep you updated.

On 30 April 2016 at 7:40 PM, Nommykins said:

Yep, that's the issue. Is it the largest or most massive? Because if the latter, I could just add a 1.5t part in the base- if the largest, I don't know what part would fit in the base that's larger.

EDIT: I fixed it, just added a fuel tank in the hull, now the turret rotates fine. Thanks for the help, guys!

Thanks to @NathanKell, who left important methods public, I've added the code that handles the auto-struts on wheels transparently, by disabling the strut when movement is necessary and recreating it afterwards. This needs more testing, but I'll push the release really soon for everyone to try on their crafts.

Also I've fixed the mirror symmetry on all parts including the uncontrolled ones. There is one thing though - due to some changes in Physx in Unity 5, in order for uncontrolled part to function properly both ends of it need to have a regular part attached somewhere (like fuel tank or structural fuselage) and not only physics-less ones (batteries or octagonal struts and etc) as the latter are not simulated and thus do not move the joint.

2 hours ago, LeCosmopilot said:

Just want to say THANKS for you insane mod. Keep it alive please.

Thank you. We try.

Is there a way to cycle through preset (not next not previous, 1 single key to do both) like in a rotor for a rotating engine that would cycle between horizontal and vertical thrust without going through the whole 360 rotation ? 

Also there seem to be a bug, when you delete all groups the game crashes (on ksp 1.1.2).

Great mod and work btw

Edited by RevanCorana

7 minutes ago, RevanCorana said:

Is there a way to cycle through preset (not next not previous, 1 single key to do both) like in a rotor for a rotating engine that would cycle between horizontal and vertical thrust without going through the whole 360 rotation ? 

Also I found a bug, if you delete all groups the game crashes (ksp 1.1.2).

Hmm, UI should not allow you to delete all groups. Will add more checks. EDIT: Although I could not reproduce it on my system. Can you describe how you managed to do it?

Re: cycling: If we are talking about unlimited rotation parts (like Rotatron with default settings) then pressing `Next Preset` when you are on the last preset position should move the part to the first preset position on the next rotation (it should not go backwards, but instead continue rotation till it hits the first preset).

Edited by Ziw

6 minutes ago, RevanCorana said:

The best way to do this would be with the new state machine logic for the IR Sequencer.

1 hour ago, Ziw said:

Hmm, UI should not allow you to delete all groups. Will add more checks. EDIT: Although I could not reproduce it on my system. Can you describe how you managed to do it?

Re: cycling: If we are talking about unlimited rotation parts (like Rotatron with default settings) then pressing `Next Preset` when you are on the last preset position should move the part to the first preset position on the next rotation (it should not go backwards, but instead continue rotation till it hits the first preset).

I dont remember the exact combination of actions that allowed this unfortunately though I suspect it has to do with removing and adding back a IR branch of parts.

There is also something else that I'm not sure if its a bug or I'm just a noob, when using symmetry on a docking washer standard it stops working.

So instead I duplicate it with alt click but then there is the problem that the rotation of each sides is reversed which is not optimal for a vertical/horizontal thrust engine hinge.

I saw there is a part dedicated to this purpose but it's too big for the project I'm working on. >

vjrVtG1.jpg

Edited by RevanCorana

1 hour ago, RevanCorana said:

I dont remember the exact combination of actions that allowed this unfortunately though I suspect it has to do with removing and adding back a IR branch of parts.

There is also something else that I'm not sure if its a bug or I'm just a noob, when using symmetry on a docking washer standard it stops working.

So instead I duplicate it with alt click but then there is the problem that the rotation of each sides is reversed which is not optimal for a vertical/horizontal thrust engine hinge.

I saw there is a part dedicated to this purpose but it's too big for the project I'm working on. >

Copy to symmetry doesn't work for you? In an earlier  version it would turn it into 90 / - 90 for symmetry partners and last time i checked 90 / 90 but still flips one of the parts in question and all parts should work very well with tweakscale.

You can invert the part's rotation direction in Editor UI by going into advanced mode (Cog shaped icon) and toggling the invert axis button

Alternatively you can right-click the servo and toggle axis inversion from there.

44 minutes ago, lude said:

Copy to symmetry doesn't work for you? In an earlier  version it would turn it into 90 / - 90 for symmetry partners and last time i checked 90 / 90 but still flips one of the parts in question and all parts should work very well with tweakscale.

No if I use mirror the hinge literally doesn't move at all even though weirdly the angular counter does measure a rotation that doesn't seem to occur. 

Then if I use an alt click copy there's  the 90 / -90 problem

Just now, RevanCorana said:

No if I use mirror the hinge literally doesn't move at all even though weirdly the angular counter does measure a rotation that doesn't seem to occur. 

Then if I use an alt click copy there's  the 90 / -90 problem

Please wait couple hours, this should be fixed in the new version

7 minutes ago, Ziw said:

Please wait couple hours, this should be fixed in the new version

Awesome  :) 

Edited by RevanCorana

This small patch addresses some small UI and QoL related issues. Compiled for KSP 1.1.2

• UI Windows are now clamped to screen on initialisation, so you will not loose them if you change resolution or move them of the screen accidentally
  • IR Build Aid now shows all the presets in a more clean way
  • IR Build Aid color scheme is now more in line with IR color scheme
  • Added option to toggle IR Build Aid for the group of servos
  • Fixed a bug that made Settings window invisible
  • Fixed a bug with uncontrolled hinges loosing orientation after scene change
  • Fixes to avoid wheel auto-struts get in the way of IR moving parts
  • Fixes for mirror symmetry parts not working. This fix might invert some parts' default movement direction, but it is easily fixed by inverting the axis where needed.
  • Some other very minor changes.

Core zip only includes an updated version of plugin and related files and is a recommended way of updating.
Full zip also includes Legacy Parts in case you need them.

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.