1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

I tried using a grapple without any winch.

The grapple hooked perfectly but lost immediately on target rotation. The target was an empty orange tank.

[LOG 20:57:01.112] [KAS] AttachOnCollision - Set collision mode back to Discrete on: KAS.Hook.GrapplingHook (Part)
[LOG 20:57:01.129] [KAS] AttachOnCollision - Set collision mode back to Discrete on: KAS.Hook.GrapplingHook (Part)
[LOG 20:57:02.397] [KAS] AttachOnCollision - Set collision mode back to Discrete on: KAS.Hook.GrapplingHook (Part)
[LOG 20:57:04.533] [KAS] AttachOnCollision - Set collision mode back to Discrete on: KAS.Hook.GrapplingHook (Part)
[LOG 20:57:05.600] [KAS] AttachOnCollision - Set collision mode back to Discrete on: KAS.Hook.GrapplingHook (Part)
[LOG 20:57:25.884] Camera Mode: FREE
[LOG 20:57:32.022] [KAS] AttachOnCollision - Set collision mode back to Discrete on: KAS.Hook.GrapplingHook (Part)
[LOG 20:57:55.808] [KAS] AttachOnCollision - Set collision mode back to Discrete on: KAS.Hook.GrapplingHook (Part)
[LOG 20:57:56.176] [KAS] AttachOnCollision - Set collision mode back to Discrete on: KAS.Hook.GrapplingHook (Part)
[LOG 20:58:43.132] [KAS] AttachOnCollision - Set collision mode back to Discrete on: KAS.Hook.GrapplingHook (Part)
[LOG 20:59:40.481] [KAS] AttachOnCollision - Set collision mode back to Discrete on: KAS.Hook.GrapplingHook (Part)
[LOG 20:59:40.481] [KAS] AttachOnCollision - grappleAttachOnPart=true
[LOG 20:59:40.482] [KAS] AttachOnCollision - Attaching to part : Rockomax Jumbo-64 Fuel Tank
[LOG 20:59:40.482] [KAS] AttachFixed(Core) Create fixed joint on HG-02 Grappling Hook with Rockomax Jumbo-64 Fuel Tank
[WRN 20:59:52.531] [KAS] OnJointBreak(Core) A joint broken on HG-02 Grappling Hook !, force: 28.48732
[WRN 20:59:52.531] [KAS] OnJointBreak(Core) A joint broken on HG-02 Grappling Hook !, force: 28.48732

Say please what's wrong?

The maximum collision speed is specified (120 m/s) but there's no information on maximum force allowed.

1 minute ago, _Astra_ said:

I tried using a grapple without any winch.

The grapple hooked perfectly but lost immediately on target rotation. The target was an empty orange tank.

[LOG 20:57:01.112] [KAS] AttachOnCollision - Set collision mode back to Discrete on: KAS.Hook.GrapplingHook (Part)
[LOG 20:57:01.129] [KAS] AttachOnCollision - Set collision mode back to Discrete on: KAS.Hook.GrapplingHook (Part)
[LOG 20:57:02.397] [KAS] AttachOnCollision - Set collision mode back to Discrete on: KAS.Hook.GrapplingHook (Part)
[LOG 20:57:04.533] [KAS] AttachOnCollision - Set collision mode back to Discrete on: KAS.Hook.GrapplingHook (Part)
[LOG 20:57:05.600] [KAS] AttachOnCollision - Set collision mode back to Discrete on: KAS.Hook.GrapplingHook (Part)
[LOG 20:57:25.884] Camera Mode: FREE
[LOG 20:57:32.022] [KAS] AttachOnCollision - Set collision mode back to Discrete on: KAS.Hook.GrapplingHook (Part)
[LOG 20:57:55.808] [KAS] AttachOnCollision - Set collision mode back to Discrete on: KAS.Hook.GrapplingHook (Part)
[LOG 20:57:56.176] [KAS] AttachOnCollision - Set collision mode back to Discrete on: KAS.Hook.GrapplingHook (Part)
[LOG 20:58:43.132] [KAS] AttachOnCollision - Set collision mode back to Discrete on: KAS.Hook.GrapplingHook (Part)
[LOG 20:59:40.481] [KAS] AttachOnCollision - Set collision mode back to Discrete on: KAS.Hook.GrapplingHook (Part)
[LOG 20:59:40.481] [KAS] AttachOnCollision - grappleAttachOnPart=true
[LOG 20:59:40.482] [KAS] AttachOnCollision - Attaching to part : Rockomax Jumbo-64 Fuel Tank
[LOG 20:59:40.482] [KAS] AttachFixed(Core) Create fixed joint on HG-02 Grappling Hook with Rockomax Jumbo-64 Fuel Tank

Say please what's wrong?

The maximum collision speed is specified (120 m/s) but there's no information on maximum force allowed.

Did you install Zodius's repack I posted? (see the last link on my signature)

It should have the updated .cfg file for grapling hook

Had no Zodius, only a fresh release of 2.0.2.

I have downloaded the repack (in fact, Mega.nz tries to push some 10 Mb junkware instead)

Which file do i need to replace now? 

The .cfg from IR_Mechanical_graspers ?

24 minutes ago, _Astra_ said:

Had no Zodius, only a fresh release of 2.0.2.

I have downloaded the repack (in fact, Mega.nz tries to push some 10 Mb junkware instead)

Which file do i need to replace now? 

The .cfg from IR_Mechanical_graspers ?

Wait, if you did not have any of Zodius parts, what Grappler were you talking about? 

Edited by Ziw

8 minutes ago, _Astra_ said:

Oh my Schroedinger, it's from KAS!

Sorry!

BTW I do recommend installing IR version 2.0.4 from github (https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/tag/2.0.4) - it fixes a lot of small but annoying issues with IR

Now that you have Zodius's pack, try using his grappler, it should work as expected.

I got an issue I never had before.

In flight on the stock button bar the two icons for sequencer and servo controls are not shown, but instead of them the icon of MouseAim is shown for both of them.

And the UI of the windows is borked.

Check the screenshot:

Spoiler

LERESWL.png

The log: (updated with the full log after game exit)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uy571yxfghtwz0l/2016-05-26-1%20IR%20UI%20issue.7z?dl=0

One hint, I had issues with the

I don't use any of the parts of DPE that need IR, but because of the issue I did this

Could this be the reason?
With this quick fix I disabled the "charging feature" of te Supernova engine and I also disabled the need to use special resources to upgrade the engine in flight.

----
Edit:

it seems to be a bug in QuickStart, we will see:

Edited by Gordon Dry

I keep having this problem... Sorry if this is just something I missed, but is this a common problem and is there an easy solution? KSP 1.1.2 

LSvGUP1.jpg

(The issue is with mirroring on, they are not mirrored in the same orientation on each side.)

Love the mod, can't wait to use it!

by the way, i found a partial solution to some of the IR wobblieness~

it seems that attaching a powerful reaction wheel on the end of whatever rotation part you have and disabling all but the movement that correlates with the joints function, helps.

using this technique i've been able to use IR rotatrons to make wheels out of KSPI radiator/reaction wheels and mk2 tilted connectors from SXT

it's just a prototype but i've been able to get it up to 30m/s stably. (1.1.2)

YlGhLnz.png

no gimmicks, no engines, just a reactor, hulls, and rotatrons.

7 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

it seems to be a bug in QuickStart, we will see:

Yes, it is a known interaction issue. Hope it will be fixed on his side.

4 hours ago, JT2227 said:

(The issue is with mirroring on, they are not mirrored in the same orientation on each side.)

It is a known issue with Legacy hinges and we cannot fix it because we don;t have the original files. I suggest you try out the Zodius's IR Model Rework parts, latest repack for 1.1.2 available in the last link on my signature.

1 hour ago, Rushligh said:

it seems that attaching a powerful reaction wheel on the end of whatever rotation part you have and disabling all but the movement that correlates with the joints function, helps.

Interesting find. I'll try that on my test install over the weekend.

Hi, i built a bomber with swept wings and i use the powered hinge to make the wings swept, but the wings dont stay fixed you know? i mean they keep floping, they go up and down by it self, what can i do?

1 hour ago, Fe301 said:

Hi, i built a bomber with swept wings and i use the powered hinge to make the wings swept, but the wings dont stay fixed you know? i mean they keep floping, they go up and down by it self, what can i do?

You should read last several pages of this thread and the thread on the last link on my signature - some solutions were presented.

On 5/23/2016 at 4:47 PM, UAL002 said:

Tweakscale capable yes... did I tweak them, no.  I'm wondering if I should kill all the tweakscale for everything but IR parts....  I feel like it kills balance... should that help minimize it?  Hmm, how would I do that?

I'm doing you one better there and killing TW from IR too. Taking some time but very worth it :)

20 hours ago, Ziw said:

It is a known issue with Legacy hinges and we cannot fix it because we don;t have the original files. I suggest you try out the Zodius's IR Model Rework parts, latest repack for 1.1.2 available in the last link on my signature.

Thank you!!! Love this mod and thank you for all the effort you all have put it :)

11 hours ago, KerbalKyle45kk said:

cant make them move. sucks.

Although your message is not very elaborate, I'd take a guess and suggest you update your KSP to latest version and update IR to version 2.0.4 from github as a start.

20 hours ago, Fe301 said:

I've posted a way to avoid the problem, have a look here

On 5/27/2016 at 8:10 PM, Mathew_tube said:

i cant download it because there is something wrong with the download site it cant even get me into the website so if u can send it to me on email or put it on another website 

That website has been defunct for months.

Please check the original post at the start of this thread-- it provides download links from other websites.

I've been searching this thread for a solution to tweakscaled- robotic parts drifting after a time warp or (at least in my case) after leaving the vessel and time warping. Just for my own curiosity, is there really no solution? I've read from Ziw that it has something to do with how Infernal Robotics parts are managed by FixedUpdate physics ticks. Does the problem lie with Infernal Robotics, or Tweakscale, or both? The joints drift an incredible amount for me (even on light vehicles) whenever I use either time or physics warp.

Edited by Insanitic

6 hours ago, Insanitic said:

I've been searching this thread for a solution to tweakscaled- robotic parts drifting after a time warp or (at least in my case) after leaving the vessel and time warping. Just for my own curiosity, is there really no solution? I've read from Ziw that it has something to do with how Infernal Robotics parts are managed by FixedUpdate physics ticks. Does the problem lie with Infernal Robotics, or Tweakscale, or both? The joints drift an incredible amount for me (even on light vehicles) whenever I use either time or physics warp.

The issue you are referring to was about Joints under heavy load loosing rigidity when you do Physics Warp, and there is no current solution for it. Tweakscale drift issue is almost impossible to reproduce, so if you have a simple craft prone to it - post it here along with reproduction steps.

Have you tried with KJR (Kerbal joint reinforcment) mod ? I'm using it for different reasons, haven't build something with IR for a while, but while I didn't found issues with KJR/IR combo before.

Basicaly, KJR gentle down physics on spawning before launch and after timewarp, whenever real time physics kick in trying to awake kraken.

EDIT:

What is proper order to install IR ? I have also installed IRSequencer-1.0-RC1 and there is conflict with file "ir_ui_objects.ksp"
Comes with both, core IR and Sequencer. I have installed file from Sequencer, it is larger file and i assume that is the proper one, but I'm not sure.

Edited by kcs123

Actually I got a new "no IR buttons" issue, I got

installed to test, but actually I am in a normal mission...

The buttons are black, the windows have normal background and barely show any useful information.

I will remove KRASH in the next session - it also has issues itself with maneuver nodes disappearing.

Edit:

btw, which probe cores are allowed to be used for the sequencer to work? I'm using this probe core and that, but the most don't work...

Edited by Gordon Dry

31 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

btw, which probe cores are allowed to be used for the sequencer to work? I'm using this probe core and that, but the most don't work...

You can look up the MM patch in sequencer folder. Make sure you clean install latest version.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.