1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

i updated to 2.0.9 and got the null refrence spam like wildlynx had, so i replaced the dll with the one you just provided, now every time i load my craft all servos are locked and you have to right click on the part and disengage lock twice for it to change. pressing the movement button starts an non endable electricity drain, even hitting the stop button dosent work. also fixing mesh throws this error

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at InfernalRobotics.Module.ModuleIRServo.AttachToParent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at InfernalRobotics.Module.ModuleIRServo.ReattachFixedMesh () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BaseEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UIPartActionButton.OnClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

hope it helps if you need the full log ill post that too

More testing:

the reattach mesh error is only with old craft in orbit, not new ones. on new ones in orbit it works but moves the part to im guessing a reset position(not sure what its supposed to do). however all new craft have all locks engaged at launch, after manually clicking each lock icon it works for new craft. also no electric draw problems on new craft.

reverting to the dll of 2.0.8 fixes all of it for me, i havent had any big issues on 2.0.8 other than not being able to use grapple struts, but i read that wont work because activestruts is abandoned.

Edited by Neroziat
more tests done.

1 hour ago, Neroziat said:

i updated to 2.0.9 and got the null refrence spam like wildlynx had, so i replaced the dll with the one you just provided, now every time i load my craft all servos are locked and you have to right click on the part and disengage lock twice for it to change. pressing the movement button starts an non endable electricity drain, even hitting the stop button dosent work. also fixing mesh throws this error

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at InfernalRobotics.Module.ModuleIRServo.AttachToParent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at InfernalRobotics.Module.ModuleIRServo.ReattachFixedMesh () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at BaseEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UIPartActionButton.OnClick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke (System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCallList.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEventBase.Invoke (System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:Process()
UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

hope it helps if you need the full log ill post that too

More testing:

the reattach mesh error is only with old craft in orbit, not new ones. on new ones in orbit it works but moves the part to im guessing a reset position(not sure what its supposed to do). however all new craft have all locks engaged at launch, after manually clicking each lock icon it works for new craft. also no electric draw problems on new craft.

reverting to the dll of 2.0.8 fixes all of it for me, i havent had any big issues on 2.0.8 other than not being able to use grapple struts, but i read that wont work because activestruts is abandoned.

try this DLL https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9f5PHcywXQIQXJ0RHdaZWJQQWM

new dll tests then :cool:

on right click menu disengage lock is shown but it is not locked, just a ui error. under servo controls it does not show locked anymore. also fixing mesh throws no error now, still no idea on its usefulness (this is on existing craft)

on new craft it sets all new parts to locked by default in vab and at launchpad, changing lock state in vab works till you get to launchpad, then everything is locked in both the right click and servo menu. otherwise stuff seems to work.

I encountered some new bug. Using latest dll and IR core. Only free moving rotatrons joints on this WIP Rover wheels:

GhmJnVu.jpg

Free rotating Rotatron with wheels attached working fine when alone. However there is need to limit movement +/-45 or 35 degree. It is not possible to do that with free moving parts. So, I tried to limit movement by adding additional free moving parts. Tried different combo, using rotatrons and/or free moving joints, but no luck.

Expected behaviour is that wheels stay on the ground all times, while rotate around rotatron axis. With strut conection to secondary free moving rotatron or free joint, movement should be limited to less degree, but 5-15 degree of rotation should still be possible. Unfortunately, it is not.

Looks like free moving parts were locked in place, similar to powered parts like others described before, just there is no option to unlock it since those are free moving parts. Haven't found anything suspisious in log file. Let me know if you need craft file fro testing.

Almost forgot to mention, I tried this with and without KJR mod, behaviour is the same. Also, wort to note that this is with KSP 1.2.1.

Good day!

I hope this finds you well, I am experiencing a problem. The fact that the toolbar gives me the option to have IR. But, when I highlight the radio button nothing happens. There is no option in KSP toolbar either. This is global. I have installed and reinstalled multiple times with and without all mods. I really would like to use this mod, for it seems to have the abilities to do what I need to continue playing this game with fresh and new ideas. Any help would be appreciated. here is a list of my mods:

KSP: 1.2.2 (Win64)

Unity: 5.4.0p4

000_AT_Utils - 1.2.2
Filter Extensions - 2.7.4.2
Toolbar - 1.7.13
B9 Part Switch - 1.5.3
B9 Aerospace - 5.2.6
B9 Aerospace Procedural Parts - 0.40.10
Basic Orbit - 1.0.5
BD Animation Modules - 0.6.4.3
Community Category Kit - 1.2.1
Community Resource Pack - 0.6.3
CommunityTechTree - 3.0.2
Easy Vessel Switch - 1.1.1
EVA Struts - 1.0.3
EVA Transfer - 1.0.6
Firespitter - 6.3.5
Fuel Tanks Plus - 1.11
Interstellar Fuel Switch - 2.3
RasterPropMonitor - 0.18.3
KAS - 0.6
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.3.1
KineTechAnimation - 1.1.1
KIS - 1.3
KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.2
Infernal Robots - 2.0.2
Mk1-Cabin-Hatch - 0.2
ModularFlightIntegrator - 1.2.2
Final Frontier - 1.2.5.2906
RealChute - 1.4.1.2
ResGen - 0.28.2
SCANsat - 1.1.6.11
ShipManifest - 5.1.3.1
SmartParts - 1.9.1.2
SpaceY Expanded - 1.3.1
SpaceY Lifters - 1.15
TweakScale - 2.3.2
USI Alcubierre Drive - 0.5.1
KSP Interstellar Extended - 1.11.8

Edited by RevengerXXL

2 hours ago, RevengerXXL said:

Good day!

I hope this finds you well, I am experiencing a problem. The fact that the toolbar gives me the option to have IR. But, when I highlight the radio button nothing happens. There is no option in KSP toolbar either. This is global. I have installed and reinstalled multiple times with and without all mods. I really would like to use this mod, for it seems to have the abilities to do what I need to continue playing this game with fresh and new ideas. Any help would be appreciated. here is a list of my mods:

KSP: 1.2.2 (Win64)

Unity: 5.4.0p4

-snip-

Have you tried removing all mods except IR? Also the Toolbar mod does not work for me for whatever reason, so I cannot test it. I do all my tests with stock toolbar.

@WildLynx and @kcs123 - the parts starting in Locked state is an indication of the problem, I can even see it in the logs. I'm working on it.

Maintenance release

@ZiwKerman ZiwKerman released this 3 minutes ago

Fixes bugs introduced in 2.0.9. Might still have issues, but we're getting there.

As usual, if you need parts - get them here: https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.0/IR-LegacyParts.zip

Download here: https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.10/IR-2.0.10-Final-Core.zip

[KSP 1.2.2, IR 2.0.10]

Lock, stock and two smocking IR Powered Hinges.

1) In IR settings window, "Cancel" button does nothing works as "Revert" button.

"Default" button sets opacity to 0.80, "Cancel" button sets opacity to 0.8 and Apply button does what?

2) Sometimes, closing main IR window in editor disables all the controls like camera and part selection, but I can leave VAB. Cannot reliably reproduce.

3) Powered Hinge still flips on the side - this time when craft is loaded on the Pad, in VAB lock/unlock/whatever do not flip it

4) Powered Standard Washer don't work when up-scaled a notch by TweakScale, it moves both base and attached part back and forth a little and rotates back a forth a little. With 100% scale it works. May be TweakScale is broken in 1.2.2. May be good reason to ditch it, but I started using TweakScale exactly to scale IR hinges and washers.

Downscaled door hinge works, but upscaled not - it causes some sort of oscillations and at the end returns to starting position.

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, fr33soul said:

There's a possibility to add a repository of this mod to CKAN?

Once it get out of beta testing phase. It is close, but there is few issues left. Few of us testing this beta release and report feedback to iron out remaining issue.

@Darren9, you are partly correct, additional free moving joints between helps a bit, still that was a bug, free joints were being locked on craft loads regardless. With latest release, however it is no longer a case, despite my bad WIP design, those joints were no longer locked at 0%. There is at least some small degree of movements shown.

Also, you must not forget about stock KSP "feature" with wheels autostutings. Showing them trough ALT+12 cheat menu helps with troubleshooting of craft designs flaws. Following picture shows some progress with my own design flaws and how wheel autostruts were attached between IR parts.

I have put additional truss adapter between wheel legs and free moving IR parts, creating a subassembly of it, that will make it easier to try general idea with different kind of IR parts.

EjNwDnX.jpg

Orange lines are visulisation of wheel autostruts.

It would be great if those free moving parts could be limited in editor, so additional strutting were not needed, but it is not absolutely necessary, there is more important stuff to iron out.

I have yet to try stuff with powered IR parts, but first testings shows that autolock of parts is no longer issue. I have used tweakscaled parts on this craft without issues, although those are all new parts from Zodiusinfuser WIP repack.

1 hour ago, fr33soul said:

@kcs123

how and where can i report bugs? i want to give my contribution.

Raising github issue on page that you can download latest release is probably more prefered, but you can also post your findings here on forum.
Log files, craft and savegame files when required are best to be uploaded on some cloud service, like dropbox or similar. Provide only links to those on forum or github when needed. Reliable reproducing steps are also good to be on forum, so other users can try to reproduce them and confirm/deny issue.

10 hours ago, Ziw said:

Have you tried removing all mods except IR? Also the Toolbar mod does not work for me for whatever reason, so I cannot test it. I do all my tests with stock toolbar.

@WildLynx and @kcs123 - the parts starting in Locked state is an indication of the problem, I can even see it in the logs. I'm working on it.

Hello Ziw, Yes I have tried uninstalling all mods and reinstalling them one by one. But, to no avail. I have also have done clean installs of KSP as well. I appreciate your work. Any further assistance would be gratefully accepted!

Edited by RevengerXXL
misspelling

42 minutes ago, RevengerXXL said:

Hello Ziw, Yes I have tried uninstalling all mods and reinstalling them one by one. But, to no avail. I have also have done clean installs of KSP as well. I appreciate your work. Any further assistance would be gratefully accepted!

I can't use IR on Blizzy's toolbar either. As soon as I check IR icon to be available at Blizzy's toolbar, whole toolbar UI disapear. However, if I check some icon from other mod, like final frontier or something, toolbar does not vanish, but IR icon is not shown on it either.

@MaxRebo mentioned that he does not have issue with IR and toolbar at all. That was in kOS thread:

Speaking of it, hvacengi seems to be able to fix toolbar for kOS in private release, those fixes will be available in next kOS release to public.
He might have some tips how to fix it in IR, too.

@RevengerXXL, like Ziw, I also use stock bar for IR. Have a little clue why it does not show up on your system. Only thing that pops up on my mind is that you didn't cleaned whole folders after some mod install.

It is easy to miss settings file for Blizzy's toolbar. That one is not nested inside 000_Toolbar folder, it is saved under \Gamedata\ folder.
Try to search for filename "toolbar-settings.dat" adn delete it. It was "known" issue from the past that if kraken attacks toolbar, deleting that file can help fixing it. Although, you will need to rearange your buttons on it again.

Make sure you test everything on fresh KSP install, otherwise some leftovers from previous mod installs can interfere and broke something.
Can't think of anything else what might be issue.

Just now, kcs123 said:

@RevengerXXL, like Ziw, I also use stock bar for IR. Have a little clue why it does not show up on your system. Only thing that pops up on my mind is that you didn't cleaned whole folders after some mod install.

It is easy to miss settings file for Blizzy's toolbar. That one is not nested inside 000_Toolbar folder, it is saved under \Gamedata\ folder.
Try to search for filename "toolbar-settings.dat" adn delete it. It was "known" issue from the past that if kraken attacks toolbar, deleting that file can help fixing it. Although, you will need to rearange your buttons on it again.

Make sure you test everything on fresh KSP install, otherwise some leftovers from previous mod installs can interfere and broke something.
Can't think of anything else what might be issue.

@kcs123 Yes I too lose the entire toolbar. So annoying, lol! As far as the "toolbar-settings.dat" file, I have tweaked it, deleted it, ect. I am truly stumped!  I am very well versed on removing residual files left behind. I take "snapshots" of the file structure before adding mods to help prevent such file trash from being left behind when removing a addon or mod! Most every time I add or remove a mod or addon, I do so with a fresh clean instal of KSP. This also helps to clean out and residual file that I may have missed. I try to be very careful to keep things neat and clean when modding. Thank You so very much for the quick responce! It is without a doubt, that all help is much appreciated!

Hiyas again,

so regarding @RoverDude's remark that I can drop the crew down, I only need one guy to operate an ASM. How does that work, is that one guy dedicated to that module? Can he operate multiple modules? Its it the same for all modules that need to be crewed - Tundra, Duna and Ranger (disregarding profession bonus for a minute)? How do I calculate how many Kerbals I need on a certain base?

EDIT OOPS WRONG FORUM. disregard,plx

Edited by DrScarlett

1 hour ago, kcs123 said:

I can't use IR on Blizzy's toolbar either. As soon as I check IR icon to be available at Blizzy's toolbar, whole toolbar UI disapear. However, if I check some icon from other mod, like final frontier or something, toolbar does not vanish, but IR icon is not shown on it either.

I was just able to get Blizzy's working by changing the config.xml file as mentioned a page or two back.

So change the line

<bool name="useBlizzyToolbar">0</bool>

To this

<bool name="useBlizzyToolbar">1</bool>

^ Yes, that. That has been necessary for as long as I can remember, at least as far back as KSP 1.0...

1 hour ago, kcs123 said:

@MaxRebo mentioned that he does not have issue with IR and toolbar at all. That was in kOS thread:

And I stand by that statement. KSP v1.2.2.1622, Toolbar v1.7.13 , Infernal Robotics Core v2.0.7 (yes I didn't update to the drift fix yet) + WIP IR Rework parts pack. Works in VAB/SPH and in flight.

16 hours ago, RevengerXXL said:

I'm going out on a limb here, but have you actually loaded a craft with any IR articulators on it? The icon won't show up unless the active vessel in flight has at least one robotics part on it, and while it will show up in VAB/SPH regardless, you won't get the option to add the icon unless the loaded craft has one.

11 minutes ago, MaxRebo said:

^ Yes, that. That has been necessary for as long as I can remember, at least as far back as KSP 1.0...

And I stand by that statement. KSP v1.2.2.1622, Toolbar v1.7.13 , Infernal Robotics Core v2.0.7 (yes I didn't update to the drift fix yet) + WIP IR Rework parts pack. Works in VAB/SPH and in flight.

I'm going out on a limb here, but have you actually loaded a craft with any IR articulators on it? The icon won't show up unless the active vessel in flight has at least one robotics part on it, and while it will show up in VAB/SPH regardless, you won't get the option to add the icon unless the loaded craft has one.

Thanks for Responding! @MaxRebo Yes, As I had said it is a global issue. (i.e. VAB, SPH, Launch Pad and Runway.) I have also built several craft in both the VAB and SPH and to no avail the ui is not available in any  way shape or form. However in the Blizzy ToolBar  the radio button is available  to click. But when it is active the toolbar disappears! I have spent countless hours and countless configurations trying to get to the UI and I have never been successful in getting to servo control or and editors at all. I have truly come to the end of the rope. I truly appreciate every response, so keep them coming. I hope we get to the bottom of this! Thanks to you all!

Edited by RevengerXXL
spelling

Thanks @V8jester and @MaxRebo, I have indeed missed that info about additional editing of xml file, it would be useful to know for other users too.

@Ziw, seems that IR Sequencer is responsible for harmless spam in log:

Spoiler

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'KSPUtil, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
AddonLoader:StartAddon(LoadedAssembly, Type, KSPAddon, Startup)
AddonLoader:StartAddons(Startup)
AddonLoader:OnLevelLoaded(Int32)
AddonLoader:OnSceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)
UnityEngine.SceneManagement.SceneManager:Internal_SceneLoaded(Scene, LoadSceneMode)

(Filename:  Line: -1)

[AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'SequencerEditor' from assembly 'IRSequencer'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

KSPUtil is obsolete assembly, it does not cause any other issues as classes from that assembly are integrated elsewhere in stock game since KSP 1.2.x. Happens when you enter VAB/SPH from any other scene change.

Another thing found regarding clicktrough UI in VAB/SPH. When you edit groups, and want to move some part from one group to another by clicking on tiny button with arrow UP or DOWN. Clicking on that button and having some craft part in background deattach that part from craft.
Input text boxes seems that does not suffer from same issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.