sirkut

1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, Agustin said:

So what do you mean? I don't understand. You should have the 2.0.10 version of IR, and install legacy parts and/or rework package to have parts. In the last pages there are instructions to install this.

So this is how my installation has gone so far, I typed in Infernal Robotics Rework and Expansion pack and clicked the first link. Now the Core Pack, the utility pack etc. Are all linked to kerbalstuff which we both know that isn't there anymore. Now there is a link in the top of the page that says to download the pack there and not that site because it is outdated. So I went to the site and downloaded the pack from both mega and Google drive. I installed the mod into my game data with something of 10 other mods. I am running KSP 1.2.2 as I said and there are only some certain parts that actually load, but when I went into the file on my game, all the parts were seperated in folders, with their corresponding cfg. And whatnot. But I am only getting 2 or 3 of these 'categories' of parts.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CGiuffre164 said:

 

So this is how my installation has gone so far, I typed in Infernal Robotics Rework and Expansion pack and clicked the first link. Now the Core Pack, the utility pack etc. Are all linked to kerbalstuff which we both know that isn't there anymore. Now there is a link in the top of the page that says to download the pack there and not that site because it is outdated. So I went to the site and downloaded the pack from both mega and Google drive. I installed the mod into my game data with something of 10 other mods. I am running KSP 1.2.2 as I said and there are only some certain parts that actually load, but when I went into the file on my game, all the parts were seperated in folders, with their corresponding cfg. And whatnot. But I am only getting 2 or 3 of these 'categories' of parts.

 

did you make this steps? it should work

Spoiler
On 1/9/2017 at 7:54 PM, Agustin said:

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Legacy Parts fix from ZiwKerman https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.0/IR-LegacyParts.zip

Infernal Robotics from ZiwKerman 2.0.10 https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.10/IR-2.0.10-Final-Core.zip

Ziw's IR Surface Sampler dll https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/IR-Surface-Sampler/tree/master/GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins

Thread link to Ir Sequencer: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/104547-12-ir-sequencer-v101-add-on-to-infernal-robotics-updated-30102016/

Ziw's Rework Package: https://mega.nz/#!rdlHkLAJ!ZizDvd8s7zCIG529FtO8b7wM0avJ8yC3pldIaf6BGFw

Ksc123 order of install:

1) IR Legacy parts (if someone wants them)

2) New IR_Rework package

3) IR Sequencer

4) Delete "AssetBundles" folder if there is any (Comes with sequencer and core pack)

5) Install latest IR core pack (contains only plugin, no parts)

6) Install latest version of IR Surface sampler in folder "..\GameData\MagicSmokeIndustries\Parts\Rework_Utility\Plugins"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Acvila said:

did you make this steps? it should work

  Hide contents

 

 

Ninja'd :P I totally missed your response and I went and found the exact same post to link as you already did.

-Thanks for helping out!

Edited by V8jester

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mechanicH said:

@Rainbowd4sh you have to set it to auto strut to root part of the part that is moving and the IR part that is making it move. Did that make sense...

Like this  

Wing + IR part + moving part......connect IR part as root to wing  and connect moving part to IR part as root as well....hope that make sense.

This seems to be working, thank you for the help! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20-1-2017 at 8:46 AM, mechanicH said:

@Rainbowd4sh you have to set it to auto strut to root part of the part that is moving and the IR part that is making it move. Did that make sense...

Like this  

Wing + IR part + moving part......connect IR part as root to wing  and connect moving part to IR part as root as well....hope that make sense.

Hi, I'm having similar problems as @Rainbowd4sh, but I don't understand your fix, or i'm applying them wrong, could you explain it another way, maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@SilentWindOfDoom So first of all, when ou made your craft did you auto strut it in any way?  If so, the. Let's picture 3 parts. #1 a mk1 fuselage,#2 the robotics part that is actually doing the moving ,#3 a wing that is being moved by the robotics part. So.... when you auto strut set all these parts to auto strut to ROOT part. ( Not grandparent, Not to heaviest) Just ROOT.  All the rest of the aircraft can be strutting how ever you like. But these 3 parts must be ROOT. I hope that helps you. If that doesn't work for you then it might be a problem with KJR. There is a fix for that as well a few pages back. Good luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mechanicH said:

@SilentWindOfDoom So first of all, when ou made your craft did you auto strut it in any way?  If so, the. Let's picture 3 parts. #1 a mk1 fuselage,#2 the robotics part that is actually doing the moving ,#3 a wing that is being moved by the robotics part. So.... when you auto strut set all these parts to auto strut to ROOT part. ( Not grandparent, Not to heaviest) Just ROOT.  All the rest of the aircraft can be strutting how ever you like. But these 3 parts must be ROOT. I hope that helps you. If that doesn't work for you then it might be a problem with KJR. There is a fix for that as well a few pages back. Good luck. 

Hey thanks, I did as you suggested. Then reinstalled it when it still didn't work and then tested IR on a clean install and you were correct, it was a problem with KJR. Thanks for your help. :D

For anyone who comes after, the fix is here: 

 

Edited by SilentWindOfDoom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance someone can update this in CKAN? Would be handy.

 

@SilentWindOfDoom Thanks for posting the link back the the older post. that saved me ALOT of pain.

 

Edited by Felson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, I'm kind of desperate. I already tried everything, but I can not install the mod. The parts do not appear and when they appear do not have the menu. I'm very fond of using this mod and I'm already a few days trying to install, so if someone can help me or tell me what version of the game and mod I have that low. Please someone help !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those having install / KJR issues

List of IR download files to work with KSP 1.2.2 courtesy of: @Agustin @V8jester

 

Steps to install Infernal Robotics

1) install Core Download which is the plugin and "core Files" of IR  (No parts are in this download)

2) Install Parts Pack (Legacy is the original parts, and Rework are the new white parts. You can have both installed if you wish)

3) Optional -  If you wish to use the Surface sampler (Install the Surfacesampler.dll into GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins)

4) Optional - If you are using KJR you will need to use the supplied modified config file. Or IR parts will be useless

 

Core Download

Infernal Robotics (Ziw) 2.0.10 https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.10/IR-2.0.10-Final-Core.zip

 

Parts

Legacy Parts (Ziw) https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.0/IR-LegacyParts.zip

IR Rework Parts (Zodiusinfuser) https://mega.nz/#!rdlHkLAJ!ZizDvd8s7zCIG529FtO8b7wM0avJ8yC3pldIaf6BGFw

IR Surface Sampler dll (Ziw) https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/IR-Surface-Sampler/tree/master/GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins

 

Utility

Thread link for IR Sequencer (Ziw) http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/104547-12-ir-sequencer-v101-add-on-to-infernal-robotics-updated-30102016/

 

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - Fixed Config file for IR (V8Jester)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hh8kjhu8a15v5io/KJR - IR Fix.rar?dl=0

This new config file disables the line "multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement"

But leaves everything else untouched. Currently this is the only way to make IR work with KJR until one or the other is altered in an update.

 

Please feel free to repost / update this list every so often to help a lot of the new comers

Edited by V8jester

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many thanks V8jester. You helped too much, everything is working now, but I can not find the wheels. :(

Sorry if I answered wrong. I'm new here. I do not know how to use it yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem at all and Welcome :)

And the wheels which you are looking for are currently broken there for not included. I believe @ZodiusInfuser is working on them (in what little spare time he has these days) But we only just got a new wheel API made by @Shadowmage within the last month. So for now all any of us can do is be patient.

If you have any other questions you want to direct at any one of us. Just type the "@" symbol and then start typing our name. This way you can get our attention faster and not have to wait so long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ V8jester  Muito obrigado por tudo, especialmente por sua paciência e respostas rápidas. eu te desejo o melhor :)

@V8jester Thank you very much for everything, especially for your patience and quick answers. I wish you the best :(

Edited by Vanamonde
Please post in English outside of the International subforum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, V8jester said:

@Agustin@V8jester

 

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - Fixed Config file for IR (V8Jester)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hh8kjhu8a15v5io/KJR - IR Fix.rar?dl=0

 

Please feel free to repost / update this list every so often to help a lot of the new comers

Beware this is no solution at all, in my oppinion. The reason is that it mostly disables Kerbal Joint Reinforcment Mod!
Rockets will mostly behave like stock. This means it behaves like gum (again). It is said you can avoid that by more struts,
but if I want to go this way I won't have to use KJR anymore. I'd like someone comes with a true solution.
 

2 hours ago, allmhuran said:

Hey guys. long time no post. I just wanted to say that I hate autostrutting and want this hack to burn in hell :D

https://gfycat.com/CarelessColorlessBeardeddragon

 

You may encountered auto-struts when adding the wheels. There is a way to show, but I don't right now. But it is mentioned in this thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, I'm convinced it's autostrutting, unfortunately there's no option to disable it for wheels even with advanced tweakables enabled. I saw J.Random posted a potential modulemanager patch, which I will try tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PieBue said:

Beware this is no solution at all, in my oppinion. The reason is that it mostly disables Kerbal Joint Reinforcment Mod!
....

Did you open the config file and look at it? It disables 1 part of KJR. The alternative is no KJR at all. So you can either run the "fix" that was outlined probably 15 pages ago (the config hack) or just don't run KJR at all. It's your call. But saying "it is no fix at all"..... Well that's just your opinion my friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Did you open the config file and look at it? It disables 1 part of KJR. The alternative is no KJR at all. So you can either run the "fix" that was outlined probably 15 pages ago (the config hack) or just don't run KJR at all. It's your call. But saying "it is no fix at all"..... Well that's just your opinion my friend.

I compared both config.cfg files. All you changed is @ multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement. As I stated when this solution came up plenty of pages before, this is no solution. But everyone can test it for ones self. After test I think others will agree that this file of yours is no solution of IR vs. KJR.

To performe the test please switch:
@ Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KerbalJointReinforcement\Plugin\PluginData\KerbalJointReinforcement\config.xml
<bool name="multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement">0</bool> to <bool name="multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement">1</bool> and run it without KJR at last.
One will see what this changes or do not change. I saw at a test that a crane I used became gum after appling this change (manualy).

A solution would be to get the exempts made in that file to work right.

Edited by PieBue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 11:59 AM, PieBue said:

I compared both config.cfg files. All you changed is @ multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement. As I stated when this solution came up plenty of pages before, this is no solution. But everyone can test it for ones self. After test I think others will agree that this file of yours is no solution of IR vs. KJR.

To performe the test please switch:
@ Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KerbalJointReinforcement\Plugin\PluginData\KerbalJointReinforcement\config.xml
<bool name="multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement">0</bool> to <bool name="multiPartAttachNodeReinforcement">1</bool> and run it without KJR at last.
One will see what this changes or do not change. I saw at a test that a crane I used became gum after appling this change (manualy).

A solution would be to get the exempts made in that file to work right.

Here, click and be happy. Updated version of KJR is UP and should now be fixed

https://github.com/ferram4/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement

Edited by V8jester

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I've recently started using Infernal Robotics and all is well...  Until I do a timewarp.  Then the IR parts tend to slip and move.  This seems to happen only at the fixed connection node.  Is there any way to fix this?

Edited by NermNermNerm
wrong content

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:08 AM, NermNermNerm said:

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I've recently started using Infernal Robotics and all is well...  Until I do a timewarp.  Then the IR parts tend to slip and move.  This seems to happen only at the fixed connection node.  Is there any way to fix this?

For those having install / KJR issues

List of IR download files to work with KSP 1.2.2 courtesy of: @Agustin @V8jester

 

Steps to install Infernal Robotics

1) install Core Download which is the plugin and "core Files" of IR  (No parts are in this download)

2) Install Parts Pack (Legacy is the original parts, and Rework are the new white parts. You can have both installed if you wish)

3) Optional -  If you wish to use the Surface sampler (Install the Surfacesampler.dll into GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins)

4) Optional  - If you are using KJR you will need to use the supplied DEV Version Linked below.

 

Core Download

Infernal Robotics (Ziw) 2.0.10 https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.10/IR-2.0.10-Final-Core.zip

 

Parts

Legacy Parts (Ziw) https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/releases/download/2.0.0/IR-LegacyParts.zip

IR Rework Parts (Zodiusinfuser) https://mega.nz/#!rdlHkLAJ!ZizDvd8s7zCIG529FtO8b7wM0avJ8yC3pldIaf6BGFw

IR Surface Sampler dll (Ziw) https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/IR-Surface-Sampler/tree/master/GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Parts/Rework_Utility/Plugins

 

Utility

Thread link for IR Sequencer (Ziw) http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/104547-12-ir-sequencer-v101-add-on-to-infernal-robotics-updated-30102016/

 

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - Fixed for IR

"Dev version - use at your own risk"

Dev version of KJR (Ferram4) https://github.com/ferram4/Kerbal-Joint-Reinforcement

 

Please feel free to repost / update this list every so often to help a lot of the new comers

Edited by V8jester
Edited on PC to take up less room

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.