1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

2 hours ago, kcs123 said:

you just need to delete configs for tweakscaling other parts and left only those regarding IR parts. I think that all config files regarding TweakScale are in Tweakscale folder, but it is always possible that some moder wrote those scaling configs inside their own mod.

I have a quite extensive mod list I'm running which makes doing as you suggest quite a task.  

On 3/15/2017 at 11:09 PM, Rokmonkey said:

@yorshee @Halitsu

I fixed the problem on my end.  Do you have Kerbal Joint Reinforcement installed, specifically through CKAN?  Check here and grab the dev version of KJR linked:

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/InfernalRobotics/issues/146

It fixed my problem perfectly.\

@Jackaroo0505  I tried making a robot arm after this fix and it went fine.  Maybe you have the same issue?

Hi. Do you know which of these folders of KJR I need to install? Thanks in advance

Can MM be used to remove the forced autostrutting on landing gear?  I'm asking here because it breaks this mod in many cases when landing gear are involved.  In this particular case I have several vessels with landing gear all loaded on a robotic platform and the platform only works properly if I remove all the landing gear.  I would like to disable the autostruts until after the vessel is removed from the robotic platform rather than have it enabled from the VAB.  Is it possible?

Edited by DoubleUU
Clarity and additional information

On 16/3/2017 at 11:41 PM, Vince_K said:

ok... I reinstalled the mod but I did not install the legacy part. for me, the only part that is still bugged is the reworks basic hinge. check your build. The other parts works well for me

i did the same, only reworks, and now the mod is working perfect ! :)

Unfortunately no. It is hardcoded within game exe.

Thanks.  I've come to that unfortunate realization.  Discouraging that they didn't let us control that more but I guess it was a quick fix.

I was able to get around the problems I was having by building anything with landing gear separately and then merging it into the base vessel.  That seems to have kept the gear from strutting to the wrong parts.

23 minutes ago, DoubleUU said:

Thanks.  I've come to that unfortunate realization.  Discouraging that they didn't let us control that more but I guess it was a quick fix.

I was able to get around the problems I was having by building anything with landing gear separately and then merging it into the base vessel.  That seems to have kept the gear from strutting to the wrong parts.

I posted some info how to workaround of that issue with wheels/landing legs, but it get buried quickly in forum thread.
This is link for reposted info and galery for workaround. If it going to work or not depends highly how you design your craft.

However, turning autostrut visualisation helps a lot with design process.

5 hours ago, Kerbanej said:

Mod looking great but I can't install it. When I download it the file has plenty of subfiles, and I don't know what to put exactly where, and so it doesn't work.

Download and unpack files, each archive in separate folder outside of KSP game. When properly unpacked, each archive contain Gamedata subfolder.

For IR core pack and IR part pack you can find MagicSmokeIndustries subfolder. Copy that MagicSmokeIndustries subfolder in your main KSP Gamedata folder.

Besides folders for IR mod, you will also need module manager plugin. It is dll file that should be in KSP Gamedata root folder. Without it almost non of mod will work in KSP.

Pretty much any mod made for KSP have it's own folder and files that belong to it. That mod specific folder is always copied into KSP main gamedata folder.

Tricky part is that some authors pack archive with "Gamedata" folder inside while some mod authors don't. So, you should pay attention what you copy and where you copy. It might be good if you are new with using mods in KSP to try out some other mods, to get familiar how moding works in KSP in the first place. IR is still in BETA stage for latest KSP version, some things does not work as desired, so it might not be a good choice for new users.

Try to search for some info how mods works in KSP, there is plenty of info in forums about it, before going deeper with IR mod.

Download and unpack files, each archive in separate folder outside of KSP game. When properly unpacked, each archive contain Gamedata subfolder.

For IR core pack and IR part pack you can find MagicSmokeIndustries subfolder. Copy that MagicSmokeIndustries subfolder in your main KSP Gamedata folder.

Besides folders for IR mod, you will also need module manager plugin. It is dll file that should be in KSP Gamedata root folder. Without it almost non of mod will work in KSP.

Pretty much any mod made for KSP have it's own folder and files that belong to it. That mod specific folder is always copied into KSP main gamedata folder.

Tricky part is that some authors pack archive with "Gamedata" folder inside while some mod authors don't. So, you should pay attention what you copy and where you copy. It might be good if you are new with using mods in KSP to try out some other mods, to get familiar how moding works in KSP in the first place. IR is still in BETA stage for latest KSP version, some things does not work as desired, so it might not be a good choice for new users.

Try to search for some info how mods works in KSP, there is plenty of info in forums about it, before going deeper with IR mod.

Thanks.

So first I'm Linux user (Ubuntu 16.04 64 bits). I use CKAN.exe to install mods. I use Mono to launch CKAN.exe. then I launch KSP via CKAN.exe. I have plenty of mods installed this way, most work fine. I have installed manually other mods too (like USI).

Second I have downloaded 3 IR files:

1- IR-2.0.10-Final-Core (contains GameData file)

2- IR-LegacyParts (contains GameData file)

3- InfernalRobotics-2.0.10

This last file contains:

3a- InfernalRobotics (contains another InfernalRobotics which contains lots of files which could go into GameData)

3b- Resources (contains Branding + GameData + Infernal-Robotics-Unity-UI + IR-LegacyParts)

So I'm a bit confused!! 1- and 2- go into GameData, I get it. But 3-?

6 hours ago, Kerbanej said:

Second I have downloaded 3 IR files:

1- IR-2.0.10-Final-Core (contains GameData file)

2- IR-LegacyParts (contains GameData file)

3- InfernalRobotics-2.0.10

From where you get file #3 ?

When unpacked "GameData" is not file, it is directory (linux/dos term) or folder how it is called on windows OS.

You need #1 and #2 that have "GameData" directory that need to be copied into KSP game folder. Be sure that you don't copy GameData inside GameData folder in nested way. You only need one "GameData" directory in main KSP game directory.

Optionaly, instead of legacy parts, or on top of it you can use ZodiusInfuser reworked parts. You can find proper download links in this post:

It looks that you downloaded IR from some other source that contain additional directory that should not copy-pasted just like that, but I can't be more specific as I don't know what you have downloaded and from what source.

17 hours ago, memeconnoiseur said:

how do you add the rework parts to the majic industries folder? 

I've had this problem for a long time and have found little help

Can someone please explain how to do it?

The post directly above yours has a link to a post I made, containing all relevant links and instructions to get everything working in 1.2.2

10 hours ago, memeconnoiseur said:

Nevermind, I figured it out.

Now to building a walking tank!

:)

10 hours ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Is this a known issue for the reworks? This parts were not skewed like this. For some reason, several joints are all out of place... (KSP 1.1.2)

IR for KSP 1.1.2 had issues with misalignment when time warping. That was fixed in IR 2.0.10 for KSP 1.2.2

2 minutes ago, memeconnoiseur said:

I have seen all of your KSP design videos, you have really inspired me to build things!

Though right now I am not such a good designer outside planes and tanks so this might take a while to figure out

Just ask lots of questions to lots of other forum members. We are all here to help each other (why else would we be posting so much :wink:)

And thank you! Means a lot to hear people say stuff like that about my tinkerings.

Edited by V8jester

50 minutes ago, Calvin_Maclure said:

Ive been having the joint slip issue occuring. Just need to confirm if the items at this link are applicable to KSP 1.1.2 or if they're all for 1.2.2:

Just triple checking... 

Thanks!

Everything linked in that post is specifically intended for KSP 1.2.2

Will not work for KSP 1.1.2

On a side note "KSP Pre release 1.2.9" is out now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.