[1.3] IR Sequencer v1.0.3 - Add-On to Infernal Robotics (updated 05/06/2017)

Ziw

8 hours ago, Elmotrix said:

Would it be posible to "copy" actual servo state when making a sequence?

Like if you make all the changes for the next sequence-part manually, then the sequencer UI just reades current state and add it for all parts (or atleast read it) so that you don't have to manualy type inn every angle/rotation/lengt in the sequencer after you have allready done it manually on the craft

Good suggestion and it is quite easy to implement. I'll add the button that fills the values from the current servo state to the text-boxes.

EDIT: Nevermind, this functionality already exist - just double-click the servo name to fill in its current position. Kudos to Zodius for reminding me that I already did it.

Edited by Ziw

On 21 December 2015 at 10:57 AM, Ziw said:

Important announcement!

I need your input on what features you want to see in Sequencer. So far I have the following list:

2) Create own Sequencer part to store sequences (instead of using Probes)

So, can anyone guess what this is based on? :P

As Ziw has said, this would be a probe core, sequencer store and kOS processor, with a little bit of battery. We're still discussing whether this should be part of the Sequencer mod or part of the IR Rework, because its surface mount nature gives it uses outside of the scope of this mod (plus who really uses the sequencer without the rework anyway :P ). Input on this would be most welcome :)

Sequencer news:

I've made some commands editable (Servo, Delay, GoTo), unfortunately screen space and lack of drop-down selector in UI prevents me from making ActionGroup commands editable, so you'll have to re-create them.

Also I've added AGX support, but it requires latest dev version of AGX.

If someone wants to try it out please use the following files on your own risk, please back up your ships just in case, as some internal stuff has changed a bit:

1) Dev build of Sequencer, https://slack-files.com/T041411BE-F0HB7C116-56dbf8ef35

2) Dev build of AGX ( @Diazo , let me know if you want me to take down this link), https://slack-files.com/T041411BE-F0HB1DHA8-4795a22997

3) Dev build of IR dll, overwrite this dll to GameData/MagicSmokeIndustries/Plugins, https://slack-files.com/T041411BE-F0HB6Q54J-5a5329d3f4

Edited by Ziw

59 minutes ago, Svm420 said:

Sorry, I missed your question. If you look at the main sequencer window (listing all sequences) there is a text field right next to sequence name - hovering it should give a tooltip as well.

It works and looks pretty much the same as in IR mod. i cannot give you the screen shot as I am away from the PC

3 hours ago, Ziw said:

Updated Sequencer to version 0.6:

* Commands are now editable (see release notes for limitations)

* Experimental AGX support, requires version 1.34d or later of AGX

* Minor UI changes

how does the AGX support work? can i assign a sequence to activate with the press of a button? if so ,how?

24 minutes ago, 123nick said:

how does the AGX support work? can i assign a sequence to activate with the press of a button? if so ,how?

1) AGX support adds your custom Action Groups from AGX to the list of available commands

2) You can assign a keyboard shortcut to a sequence and you don't need AGX to do that, see screen shot below: the character in the textfield ("2" in my example) is a keyboard shortcut to start/stop this sequence.

13ImEIy.png

I can understand the confusion as this field is not documented and for some reason the tooltip does not show up while hovering it. I'll add this to the OP 

Edited by Ziw

1 hour ago, Ziw said:

1) AGX support adds your custom Action Groups from AGX to the list of available commands

2) You can assign a keyboard shortcut to a sequence and you don't need AGX to do that, see screen shot below: the character in the textfield ("2" in my example) is a keyboard shortcut to start/stop this sequence.

13ImEIy.png

I can understand the confusion as this field is not documented and for some reason the tooltip does not show up while hovering it. I'll add this to the OP 

ok, thanks. any way to assign it too something like, the abort button?

13 minutes ago, Turdsandwitch said:

hey, i just downloaded IR sequencer, what i want to know is can i make a rotatron spin 360 degrees in a continuous loop? i want to get my disco fever on.  thanks

Well, if this is your only desire, then you don't actually need IR Sequencer. IR GUI has a toggle button (green arrow) to turn on continuous movement (given that you set your rotatatron to 360 spinning).

7 minutes ago, Ziw said:

Well, if this is your only desire, then you don't actually need IR Sequencer. IR GUI has a toggle button (green arrow) to turn on continuous movement (given that you set your rotatatron to 360 spinning).

i feel like such a fool, ive been using IR for a while and never knew that, maybe i should read the instructions sometime

Thanks alot

Edited by Turdsandwitch
i forgot how to forum

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Ziw, lately i am having mere fun with IR and the sequencer, and i discovered an issue:

I loaded a robot with the rootpart (large girder and all sequences stored in a probecore) correctly via decoupler into a fairing and the rocket beneath to send it to the eastern desert for droptesting on chutes.

Well, all goes well but at some point in midflight when i switch to the robots probecore (still inside the undeployed fairing) to "control from here", the rest of the second stage attached outside at the fairing with the rocketengine get out of control, i mean, the fairing icon leaves the staging UI, and the engine aswell, cannot be throttled anymore.

I make a graf about the build
The rocket from top to bottom simplyfied objects in the fairing are bold

all IR parts- Legs, joints, robot structure
- Girder - Rootpart, along this part is the probecore attached with the sequencer initally buildt (should be no issue)
decoupler
- fairingbase
- rocketprobecore... (during first half of the flight the rocket is controlled from here...)
- Tanks, Engine second stage
- Tanks, Engine, boosters first stage

Is it so that the rockets probe core is the problem, i know it contains aswell the sequence when it is attached in the VAB editor... i guess the only viable probecore on this rocket is the primary build of the robot, right?

Edited by Mikki
Bunch of typos8D, squeezed

Hmm, a log would be nice to see, please upload it somewhere as it can be quite big as well. What you experience might be IR issue as well, not IR Sequencer. Did you lose the sequences in the process?

17 hours ago, Ziw said:

Hmm, a log would be nice to see, please upload it somewhere as it can be quite big as well. What you experience might be IR issue as well, not IR Sequencer. Did you lose the sequences in the process?

Well the thing happened in my careersave, the savefile is ridicilously gigantic , >4.4 megabyte :confused:

Next time when something real weird happens i will put the errorlog to dropbox if you are interested.

But i solved the issue, i flipped the IR vessel in the fairing to face foreward, removed the second probecore on the rocket and all is well! Landed in the desert an all is there, no missing sequences, but this happened to me too a couple of time, i remember it happend maybe when i changed the sequencer properties during flight on the probecore and reverted then to SPH/ VAB editor, this maybe erased the info on the probecore don`t know for sure... I use to check anything at least two times again before i start.
I had to reduce the amount of sequences stored in my IR vessel, had some CTD on a pretty fast system...

I saw the sequencerlist in the vessels savefile... , and the list was just crazy big. :D
When the sequences dissappear i use to copy/paste them back again by savefile editing... no problem. 

This mod is simply cool, part hirarchy handling is tricky but no big deal for people who know how the gameengine handles the build/ rebuilding of the crafts. 

Keep up the cool work, i hope this will survive the move to Unity 5, greetings Mikki

Edited by Mikki

• 1 month later...

Glad to have you here! btw to all: new update is coming and it has some really nice things inside

I might even release a beta version even before the 1.1 hits

Edited by Ziw

I haven't checked in on sequences for a while, progress looks good! Here's hoping the 1.1 updates to how GUI's work resolve some of your GUI pain (although it will probably create some whole new pain if you have to change a bunch of existing stuff).

One thing I'm curious about, and which I might be remembering incorrectly: As I recall, when sequencer first appeared it was only possible for a sequence to be ordered according to the order of the angle (ascending or descending). So, for example, a sequence could go 10, 20, 30, 40, loop, but it couldn't go 10, 40, 20, 30, loop. Do I remember that correctly and is it still the case?

Edited by allmhuran

8 minutes ago, allmhuran said:

I haven't checked in on sequences for a while, progress looks good! Here's hoping the 1.1 updates to how GUI's work resolve some of your GUI pain (although it will probably create some whole new pain if you have to change a bunch of existing stuff).

One thing I'm curious about, and which I might be remembering incorrectly: As I recall, when sequencer first appeared it was only possible for a sequence to be ordered according to the order of the angle (ascending or descending). So, for example, a sequence could go 10, 20, 30, 40, loop, but it couldn't go 10, 40, 20, 30, loop. Do I remember that correctly and is it still the case?

New GUI will bring more pain, at least at first, but better performance, so its worth rewriting all UI, especially for UI heavy mods like IR and Sequencer.

As for your question - no, there is no problem like that, you confuse this with presets in IR (which indeed need to be in ascending/descending order).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.