[1.3] IR Sequencer v1.0.3 - Add-On to Infernal Robotics (updated 05/06/2017)

Ziw

13 minutes ago, Ziw said:

New GUI will bring more pain, at least at first, but better performance, so its worth rewriting all UI, especially for UI heavy mods like IR and Sequencer.

As for your question - no, there is no problem like that, you confuse this with presets in IR (which indeed need to be in ascending/descending order).

That was it!

I hope you get dropdowns and stuff :D

Small teaser for one of the upcoming features of new version of Sequencer.

In short: Sequencer will allow you to create Finite State Machines, with all Sequences having a Start State and End State (could be the same state). If a sequence that changes the current state of the machine finishes successfully, then state is changed to the sequence's End State and if there are any sequences, that are set to auto-trigger on machine entering their Start State - they will be started (see how lights begin to flash as soon as the tower is raised by Raise Tower sequence).

Current state of UI is only temporary as there will be a major UI overhaul once KSP 1.1 is released.

Edited by Ziw

17 minutes ago, Ziw said:

Small teaser for one of the upcoming features of new version of Sequencer.

In short: Sequencer will allow you to create Finite State Machines, with all Sequences having a Start State and End State (could be the same state). If a sequence that changes the current state of the machine finishes successfully, then state is changed to the sequence's End State and if there are any sequences, that are set to auto-trigger on machine entering their Start State - they will be started (see how lights begin to flash as soon as the tower is raised by Raise Tower sequence).

Current state of UI is only temporary as there will be a major UI overhaul once KSP 1.1 is released.

oh yes :,D this new feature makes me MOIST ;D no seriously thats damm awesome new feature :D what i could do with this is to make my mech walk slowly for a little while and then at the end of the sequence faster walk or run sequence would activate right? :D

11 minutes ago, Tirehtoori R.I.P said:

oh yes :,D this new feature makes me MOIST ;D no seriously thats damm awesome new feature :D what i could do with this is to make my mech walk slowly for a little while and then at the end of the sequence faster walk or run sequence would activate right? :D

Well, yes. There are couple important things though:

1) You can now have more than 1 sequencer per vessel, so you can have a sequencer for Legs separate from sequencer for Arms for example. It is achieved by moving all sequencer logic to PartModule and is for now attached to probe-cores. This sequencer stores its States and corresponding Sequences and manages their proper execution.

2) For each sequencer module only one state-changing sequence can be executed at any given time, although if you have non-statechanging sequences, any number of them can be ran simultaneously as long your sequencer's current state matches their start state and they don't lock each other's servos

3) Although you can have multiple sequencers, keyboard shortcuts are shared between them, so you can use one shortcut key to start/stop multiple sequences across multiple sequencers, but only sequences with proper Start State will be started, depending on the current state of each of the sequencers on your vessel.

P.S. All this was made possible thanks to @ZodiusInfuser, who poked me enough about this feature although he is really busy IRL.

Edited by Ziw

FYI, the reason I pushed for Ziw to add such a feature to the Sequencer is because often (at least in my creations) you have sequences that are intended to only be played when something has deployed first, e.g only allow a Canadarm to be extended when a cargo bay is open. Before you'd have to just be careful about what you run when, but with this you can prevent it from happening in the first place.

I've used State Machines many times in my coding projects and they truly make things easier, because all you have to think about is what you want the program to do in each State, rather than in total. Can you tell I'm excited about this feature? :D

For those curious about the concept of Finite State Machines, I highly recommend watching this video: 

Ok, here's the beta release with FSM functionality.

https://github.com/MagicSmokeIndustries/IR-Sequencer/releases/tag/1.0-beta1.1

This is a save-breaking update, you will lose sequences on your existing crafts and will have to recreate them, tread carefully. Also you must do a clean install (delete previous version of IR Sequencer and install 1.0beta). ModuleManager is required, but not included in the download.

Please post any issues you encounter here with a link to a log, this release has some verbose logging so I can see what went wrong.

Edited by Ziw

i was thinking of another feature you could investigate, "Return" feature that allows at the end of sequence or when stopped (not paused) return the servors to their original position, just came to me when i was thinking that everytime something detaches or breaks in the craft, the sequences stop. this "return" feature could be turned on or of in the sequence. Just an idea :D

2 hours ago, Tirehtoori R.I.P said:

i was thinking of another feature you could investigate, "Return" feature that allows at the end of sequence or when stopped (not paused) return the servors to their original position, just came to me when i was thinking that everytime something detaches or breaks in the craft, the sequences stop. this "return" feature could be turned on or of in the sequence. Just an idea :D

It is a sensible idea, although it would be hard to implement it properly, as there is no such thing saved as "Original Position" for a sequence, and it is hard to define one as well, as it might change depending on the result of user input or other sequences.

Sequences stop when something changes in the vessel due to a number of reasons and more as a safeguard from null-refs. What I can try to do is stop/reset only the sequences affected by lost/detached parts, although it is a challenge on its own.

6 hours ago, Tirehtoori R.I.P said:

i have a problem with the new version of the sequencer it seems to delete the sequences. i'v made them in Hangar load the game and revert back to hangar and the sequences are gone, and some sequences say that Controls are disabled :,D

Confirmed and Zodius workaround works. Will work on a fix today, it seems like when KSP reverts to VAB it fires different events, somloading of sequences does not happen normally.

• 1 month later...

Maybe I can get some help with sequencing?

So Im trying to do a walker mech but I have problems with setting up the sequencing for the legs.

My legs are arranged with A rotatron with another rotatron sticked on it which will counterrotate to keep the leg upright. When I try to sequence the legs, it only moves one side and gets stuck at Wait for moves

This is how it looks like.mx2kIQz.jpg

Are rotatrons limited in rotation or unlimited? If its the latter then they never actually reach the 180 position as it turns into -180.

you can try setting up the delay or just toggle constant rotation via action groups

On 18/4/2016 at 5:59 PM, Tirehtoori R.I.P said:

Kardel

take a looksie of few of my mech vids or tutorials in youtube, could help alot setting up a proper sequencer legs ^^

On 18/4/2016 at 6:26 PM, Ziw said:

@Kardel - you better take this advice - @Tirehtoori R.I.P is the Walker/Mech Guru

BTW @Tirehtoori R.I.P here's a sneak peek for you

https://slack-files.com/T041411BE-F11KX1NAG-f2cd993c63

@Tirehtoori R.I.P Done months before you asked, yet your videos take too long to explain what I need, and your legs setup isnt the one I want to use as well (Im trying to use a more rustic and simpler setup). For your videos, you should really cut them down to the important bits and reupload them, it is kinda annoying having to watch +10 min for only 5 min of the stuff you actually need.

On 18/4/2016 at 2:47 AM, Ziw said:

Are rotatrons limited in rotation or unlimited? If its the latter then they never actually reach the 180 position as it turns into -180.

you can try setting up the delay or just toggle constant rotation via action groups

I use the normal rotatrons (Rotatron - Basic), Im sure theyre unlimited as they can be toggled to constantly spin via the IR toolbar. I might try that about constant rotation. Will edit post if I have more questions, thanks.

On 18.4.2016 at 0:26 AM, Ziw said:

@Kardel - you better take this advice - @Tirehtoori R.I.P is the Walker/Mech Guru

BTW @Tirehtoori R.I.P here's a sneak peek for you

https://slack-files.com/T041411BE-F11KX1NAG-f2cd993c63

awesome Ziw ;D and for kardel, it took me over a year to learn to make mechs and i have been doing them for over 2-3 years now, so show me a pic of the leg type you need and i will explain it to you in most basic method ever, i will draw you a design and send it to you in email, so calm your birds :D 

18 hours ago, Tirehtoori R.I.P said:

awesome Ziw ;D and for kardel, it took me over a year to learn to make mechs and i have been doing them for over 2-3 years now, so show me a pic of the leg type you need and i will explain it to you in most basic method ever, i will draw you a design and send it to you in email, so calm your birds :D 

Calm your birds? I was merely telling you how could you improve your videos and you shove me in the face that you took over 3 years to learn how to do a pair of legs for a walker. As for the pic, you can see it above. Would be rather cool you post it here instead of send it via mail, as people could get an use of whatever youre going to send. Oh that and I dont get into my mail very often it's a mess.

jv4mm2w3b well here is one of my, most basic 2 legged sequencer leg design possible using only rotatrons, and if your design is that one upthere i see the problem there imidiatly and i will make a schematic soon and post it, so atleast try mine in the meanwhile ^^ but usually problem with legs go when you try to make not symmetrycal movement like 180,180,360,360 using 2 different angled things, too long step will also fell the craft, too slow step too and too fast will just make it jump uncontrollably, so keep the step angles in area of (15-15     -     45-45) decrees, and most important part is the "FEET" too large will always "hit its toe and fell" too small doesn't have the area of effectiviness to hold the mech stable when step is taken and will result into falling backwards, forwards, sideways, depending on the feets design.   and you can't make a walker using only 2 rotatrons in one leg ^^

Edited by Tirehtoori R.I.P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.