What They Found in my Head...

Fr8monkey

Been out of sorts lately. Started off being light headed and dizzy. Slowly and surely it got worse. Then the headaches started. Now I feel like if you stand up really quick and you are dizzy... well I feel like that all the time. I constantly feel drunk along with the headaches of being hung over at the same time. NOT FUN.

Anyway, I had an EEG 2 weeks ago and an MRI last Thursday. I just got the results of the MRI and here is the results:

1. A CSF signal lesion on the cranial Fossa.

2631b572-7095-49f7-be4b-ae952a767984.jpg

2. A cerebellopontine angle mass on the right side

429554e5-c2d9-4fdb-9b35-015617ecabd7.jpg

Waiting to hear from Swedish Neurology in Seattle for a surgical consultation.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Edited by Fr8monkey

OK. I was wrong earlier... it is a tumor.

Went to the doctors yesterday. Basically, I am going in to surgery to have the growth removed on May 12... two weeks from today.

In simple terms, the hole in the skull that has the auditory and facial nerves going out, is being blocked by the tumor. The expanding growth is pushing against the cerebellum into the area that controls my breathing. 6 months of waiting and I could have a stroke or lass control of my breathing.

They are going to open a 'C' shaped hole behind my right ear and take out a piece of the skull about 3" (7.5 cm) and try and get as much as they can. A piece about a grain of rice is expected to stay to save the nerves. I may then need chemo or a 'gamma knife if it is cancerous... But that is only a 2% chance of that. I then get some hexagon shaped plates put in to hold the piece they take out.

I have a good chance to loose 75 - 100% of my hearing and a small chance of permanent loss of feeling in my face and tongue on the right side.

I am checking in to Swedish Hospital at 5:30 on the 12th and surgery starts at 7:30. It will take about 6 hours or so. 1 - 2 days in ICU and 3-5 days in the hospital.

Below is a video of the basic surgery... DO NOT WATCH IF SQUEAMISH!!! You have been warned.

I'm not kidding...This is gross!

Be kind to me moderators if this is out of the norm...

people, the first image is not "The problem"

the second is.

the first is more for Apollo 11, the second Apollo 13.

if you had not gone to the doctor, would be a "Space Shuttle Columbia disaster"

based on what I know, you'll be fine, but out of action for a while.

Depending on the surgery style, the release can occur within one week.

I sincerely hope that a very invasive or painful treatment is not need.

and strangely, This:

2631b572-7095-49f7-be4b-ae952a767984.jpg

will stay in my memory as a striking case. Because, from what I understand, it was a damage of years ago.

difficult to forget, like the case of an elderly, which had a lung in critical condition, and did not complain of breathing problems.

PS: Understand out of action as in recovery, not as "can not walk"

and honestly, I do not know much about medicine, and I not going watch the video.

I just know that: the less you "mess" with the patient's brain, the better.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.