Just 7 days til launch! Watch the first preview video of...

SQUAD

...assuming that they meant exactly 24*7 hours. For all we know they'll release it at their own local 12:01am which actually means I could get it on the 26th.

Next up, the affect of driving across time zones with a Mogwai...

You know this has always bothered me. And also, at what point does it stop being "after midnight" and become a new day?

Nice, but here is the question...

Does it come with :

- Most of the memory leaks that have plagued the game for years fixed ?

- Actual memory management ?

- Actual asset management ?

If not I'm afraid we can't really say KSP is out of Beta yet (unless you want to take a lot of flak)... in fact even as a beta I think Squad seemingly have, at least until now, had their priorities backward, building their house (KSP) on swamp land (Unity and a code base with memory leaks and no asset or memory management worth the name on a system limited to 32bit save for Linux) and rushing to build it, adding a veranda and agonizing over the curtains colour without ever taking the time to consolidate - or even have - proper foundations (of course it might be too late now and the cost of cleaning it up might be prohibitive)...

This can end up as a train-wreck and it would be a damn shame.

This sort of thing generates a lot of pressure for the Devs, I know this, You guys should definitely feel very good about yourselves after this release though, When this is finally released, Yall should have a party at SQUAD HQ with a cake with 1.0 on it.

...assuming that they meant exactly 24*7 hours. For all we know they'll release it at their own local 12:01am which actually means I could get it on the 26th.

-.-

Still the 28th... for me (you had me excited for a bit there >.<)

However, if the "7 days" announcement was released on April 21st in your time zone, then the release date would indeed be April 28th for you. :)

Except for where they say "Kerbal Space Program will be released on the 27th of April" you are right...

Crap only 7 days.

And I just resumed my career mode :(

Hmm well it looks like I will have to start it again when 1.0 comes.

But really excited hurray.

As have I, I'll just have to complete the tech tree in under 7 days

This sort of thing generates a lot of pressure for the Devs, I know this, You guys should definitely feel very good about yourselves after this release though, When this is finally released, Yall should have a party at SQUAD HQ with a cake with 1.0 on it.

The cake is a lie!

Well, the time of truth is fast approaching, that's for sure. Will Squad manage to nail the beta period in a few months? Will it be stable enough? Because I know it will be awesome enough, gameplay-wise.

Rune. All hype meters redlining, capt'n! She's at her limit!

Will we see YouTuber footage before the 27th? I know it's become the norm for larger developers to withhold review code till practically release day, but I hope Squad will let the likes of Mr.Manley and the White Owl give us a taster at the weekend. If not then MaxMaps should devote this weeks Squadcast exclusively to 1.0.

I have 7 days to move my current KSP install so I can keep playing till all of my current in use mods are updated and to find out if FAR is going to work in the new version.

While I am excited about the female Kerbals, I am more wanting to just play....

Hmm, having just finished the tech tree and KSC upgrades in my latest career game, I was considering starting a new career with Interstellar and resources(install is all set up in it's own dir), but I think I'll spend this next week finishing the interplanetary missions I have out and try an unmodded career on 1.0 first...

(trying to keep my excitement level in check as my wife is tired of hearing about delta-v and little green men)

I'm tentatively looking forwards to the update, especially to try out the new features. Still not sure about the whole 1.0 thing, I guess we'll see how well that worked out next week.

In the meantime, I'll be backing up my modded install and a vanilla of the current stock in anticipation of mods breaking and taking awhile to get fixed.

Edited by Lord Aurelius

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.