Radial decouplers are fixed!

Majorjim!

What exactly was wrong with them?

They decoupled stuff with enough uneven force that whatever was decoupled would invariable spin, top heavy, against the rest of the craft. Often times causing an Unplanned Rapid Disassembly of the entire rocket on the way up. It didn't matter how carefully you positioned the attached item - the only fix was for Sepatrons to counteract the tendency, and even that was iffy, sometimes.

When was this bug introduced? I have noticed for quite a while that I have been having problems with radial decouplers but I do seem to remember the working better maybe 2 or 3 patches ago.

It was one of the 0.24 versions, I think 0.24.2.

They decoupled stuff with enough uneven force that whatever was decoupled would invariable spin, top heavy, against the rest of the craft. Often times causing an Unplanned Rapid Disassembly of the entire rocket on the way up. It didn't matter how carefully you positioned the attached item - the only fix was for Sepatrons to counteract the tendency, and even that was iffy, sometimes.

Funny, I don't remember that being so troublesome. :sealed:

Finally, this had to be one of the most annoying bugs, now I don't have to triple the amount of parts needed to use radial decouplers. :D

As Alshain just pointed out, there's Claw's nice fix for the next .. uhh.. 6 days?

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/97285-KSP-v0-90-Stock-Bug-Fix-Modules

Or the fix in my sig if 8k is too much memory ~

Anyhow it will be nice to not require ANY fixes. Finally.

Wow, such change with such a seemingly small bugfix. :P

Totally tongue in cheek. That bug has been with us for a number of versions of KSP and is super annoying.

Anyhow it will be nice to not require ANY fixes. Finally.

What about the klaw? I think if that thing (finally) works correctly it will be a real litmus test for overall stability.

Maybe we should celebrate 1.0 by assembling a ground base on one of the poles of Kerbin while making extensive use of the klaw to do so ;)

Edited by FlowerChild

What about the klaw? I think if that thing (finally) works correctly it will be a real litmus test for overall stability.

Maybe we should celebrate 1.0 by assembling a ground base on one of the poles of Kerbin while making extensive use of the klaw to do so ;)

I hope so, I'm trying to use a claw as a means to dock my rover with my lander(trouble getting docking ports to line up, expected to be worse in different gravities due to shock-absorbers), and if I drive my rover into an activated claw, the planet Kerbin disappears.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.