Uneven fuel drain- WHY?

PPJooT6.png

This is a Defiance shuttle; probably the only spaceplane I've made that hasn't turned into a lawn dart. I use it mainly for ferrying crew to my station and back. However, after a reinstall, I've run into a big, BIG problem.

The fuel tanks used to drain in a pattern; the outer two (Just inside the wings) drained first, then the inner tank. Now it drains "Right Outermost Tank" first, and I can't tell past that because of all the spinning while I frantically try to shunt fuel. Anyone know what the hell is going on and how I stop it?

http://i.imgur.com/PPJooT6.png

This is a Defiance shuttle; probably the only spaceplane I've made that hasn't turned into a lawn dart. I use it mainly for ferrying crew to my station and back. However, after a reinstall, I've run into a big, BIG problem.

The fuel tanks used to drain in a pattern; the outer two (Just inside the wings) drained first, then the inner tank. Now it drains "Right Outermost Tank" first, and I can't tell past that because of all the spinning while I frantically try to shunt fuel. Anyone know what the hell is going on and how I stop it?

I'd recommend removing and replacing ALL the fuel lines on the vessel. The fuel flow rules in this games are, in a word, dumb. It's one of the many fixes we've been promised in the release version. We'll se if that pans out.

It's very possible that something didn't translate well in your reinstall. It's unlikely it's something you did, it's just one of the issues we have to live with in a pre-release game.

Why do you have 2 fuel lines on each tank? If you want to drain fuel from the outer tanks into the inner tank, you just need one line from each outer tank, attached first to that outer tank, feeding into the middle.

I can't quite see the fuel line arrows from the picture, but if you have fuel lines going in opposite directions to and from each tank, then I could see how this might confuse what is an easily confused mechanic. As has been mentioned, we're all looking forward to improvements in this regard.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.