Devnote Tuesday: Thank you!

SQUAD

Wonderful devnotes!

- "rethought how Science Labs work"

- "restore inoperable experiments (also something scientists can do now)"

- "you can transfer data to the lab just as before, but instead of a quick process for a small boost in the xmit factor, the data fed to the lab will generate a steady output of Science for a very long time, ultimately yielding far more science than transmitting or even recovering"

- "increase the benefits of setting up orbiting science stations and surface bases"

- "revising the stats for every part"

- "making sure they go in the proper tech nodes"

- "Avionics Nose Cone... given a new purpose as a non-autonomous SAS device... provides SAS services to non-pilot crews"

- "As for the atmosphere scanner, we’ve got a wholly new part for that job"

- and much, much more!!

Unbelievable hype value here.

Happy landings!

Lastly, we’re taking bets on how long before the community discovers the resources easter egg we snuck in for you (I’m betting two months post launch). One hint: .It’s a pretty large easter egg.

The Return of the Magic Boulder?

Thank YOU Squad!

Resource easter egg prediction: The giant fuel tanks at KSC can be mined :P Not sure if this is as 'big' as the easter egg was said to be though.

Cas.

Edit: Also love the new lab/scientist roles! :)

Bob (Roverdude):

Lastly, we’re taking bets on how long before the community discovers the resources easter egg we snuck in for you (I’m betting two months post launch). One hint: .It’s a pretty large easter egg.

I'm guessing there's a mine-able comet flying around without a signature in the Tracking Station.

There's only one group of players you need to cater to: the hardcore. ;)

Read that as: There's only one group of players you need to crater to: the hardcore.

This Kerbal Space Program has not only got my attention but is on my short list of programs that I enjoy following the ongoing development.

With all the software titles I have seen over the years KSP has a unique charm.

Thanks goes out to all that have made this possible.

How about a new planet, chock-loaded with resources?

That would be hard to hide, unless it was unmarked. SQUAD would need to change the game's code to allow objects to exist without a marker, however, and at that point, they may as well put in the Boulder to satisfy the community.

I'm guessing there's a mine-able comet flying around without a signature in the Tracking Station.

[see above]

Multiplayer? :P

That would be a strange Easter Egg...

I've been playing games for 21 years (I'm 25), and I have to say that this is my favorite game of all. It even beats out games that get the benefit of nostalgia! So thank you Squad for creating such a unique, enriching video game. I'm excited to see all your efforts come to fruition!

Congratulations on reaching this point. My first hour in 1.0 will be spent attempting to reproduce annoying long-standing bugs, like the radial decoupler weird torques tied to going 750 m/s and kraken-summoning claw problems. I pray that I don't find any bugs I've encountered before, or any other major issues; the jump straight to 1.0 has seemed overconfident to me, but I'll be very proud if we find their confidence well-placed after all.

Needless to say, as so many others have, these Dev Notes are something else in terms of fanning the hype flames. I also hope that the announcement of a secret feature to be announced is clouds. The game certainly doesn't feel complete without them, as well as auroras in my eyes.

Awesome devnotes, so excited for release next week! Thanks to all the devs for your hard work on getting us this far. KSP 1.0 is looking to be absolutely amazing!

Return of the Magic Boulder perhaps? :)

Squad, I hate to ran on your parade, but your fairings need fixing if the day 6 video is any indication.

The fairings are apparently customizable, and can easily be configured to split into two nice, clean pieces.

*tips hat* You done did good sirs.

all our complaints, all our concerns we're all because of how much we cared for this game. The journey has been spectacular and I am very grateful. Best wishes for this final week and to beyond!

My two BIG! BURNING! QUESTONS!

--The new Egg has to do with resources, and by "big" I think he means at least the size of an asteroid. I wonder what it could be that's so well hidden HarvesterRoverDude thinks it will take all of us two whole months?

--What could the mystery feature be that MUST ship with 1.0, but which hasn't been announced yet? Clouds? No, there's no way he could throw that in in two days. Red Mun during eclipse? There's at least one precedent for that, but it seems pretty little.

My money's on Kerbal facial distortions in high g-loading. Anyone wanna give me odds on that? :)

Edited by Kuzzter

Dear Devs

Thank you for your vision, all the hard work, all the sleepless nights, for the transparency throughout the development phase and just for you beeing awesome and incredibly likeable guys.

Thank you for countless hours of fun and nailbiting moments.

Thank you for making me feel like an 8 year old space-crazy kid every time I start this game.

just thank you. It´s been an immense pleasure, and I am sure it will remain this way for a long, long time.

And to most of the community out there: All you creative, friendly and helpful spare time rocket scientists. You are awesome!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.